Your take on Orange gear

Fair question JB. To me "grief" is friendly ribbing.
Kinda like "Oh, Hi Blu I almost missed you in your head to toe orange outfit." Or, "are we going hunting or golfing"? I love that stuff, we absolutely hazed apprentices back in the day, but still kept it friendly.

I don't mind orange. Looks good with a tan. That outfit in your avy is oogly, though.

I agree. I like orange. But not in over abundance.

I like the orange. My personal opinion about Fowler's all orange outfit is that it's too much of a good thing.
My high school colors were orange and black so orange is very common around here. As a matter of fact, both my cart and stand bags are orange and black, the seat covers on my golf cart are orange and black, and I have two orange and black golf hats. Heck, the orange-ish color is one of the reasons I like the Ping G10 clubs.
Just for the heck of it, I went and counted the orange shirts in my closet (summer clothes only) and found 18 shirts that were mostly orange or orange and black. Only 3 of them were golf shirts though.
Being from Arkansas, I also have my fair share of "Razorback Red" (Pig Sooie!) attire and my latest golf related purchase was a green Nike Dri fit shirt from the University of Arkansas at Monticello (Ain't nothing more evil than a d*mn Boll Weevil!).

I have an orange golf bag, and I'm a Suns fan and a Dolphins fan, so I like orange. I even have two orange golf shirts.

That being said, I personally wouldn't wear orange head to toe. I'm not a fan of the monochromatic look unless it's black, and even then I like to throw in a white belt and hat to break it up.

I like orange shirts. I have three of them.

I like the color orange, i have the same clicgear cart as shown in the pic above, my bag is black and orange and I also had my putter shaft coated that color by the fine people at :vibrant:

Putter-New0_1.jpg

Orange is my favourite colour. I have an orange hat, 2 orange golf shirts, orange tees, orange ball marker, orange glove, and an orange marker to mark my ball. Also, my bag is orange, my cart is orange, and I had custom headcovers made with orange in them to match everything.

I guess you could say I am pro-orange :pumpkin:

DSC_0048.jpg

I wanted to post on this in the WITB thread, but I love this clicgear and bag. My high school colors were orange and I am a huge Browns fan. I would love to have an orange clic and orange bag.

The choice of a bold color shows confidence. It means that you don't mind the attention; you want it!

If I don't have the game, then it is unlikely that I will want to attract that much attention.

I really like orange. I have two orange polos and love them. Like others have said, head to toe in orange (or any color but black) is hideous IMO. To each their own and I wouldn't care if someone wore all one color, you just won't find me doing it.

I have no problem with orange, as long as it's burnt orange "hook em horns!"

Seriously, I have no problem with what anybody wants to wear, a couple of my buddies have those John Daly pants from Loud Mouth, do I care if they wear them, nope....do I give them crap about em....yep!

The way I see it if you dress loud, you gotta be ready to get some grief...it has nothing to do with their game, it's just guys being guys.

As you can see from my avatar and my signature, I love the color orange as I'm a Vol. But, I actually own no orange golf apparel. Yet.

Love it, and I love when people rock good golf outfits when they play.

Sure, when you dress sharply, I assume you're probably pretty good but I don't mind if you're not.

I think you "feel" a bit more serious when you dress the part too. Post a pic of you in full regalia next time you play.

Orange is not the issue, it is the copycat factor. When I see someone who dresses exactly like their favorite player, especially one like Fowler, I check my calendar to make sure it isn't Halloween. When I see dudes busing out Tiger's sunday best, I think the same thing.

All that being said, once we shake hands on the tee, I no longer care as long as you are a good playing partner.

Actually, now that I am thinking about it. I met my buddy up at the course today. When he walked up, I noticed we were both wearing orange polos and blue shorts. We both had Orange and Blue bags too. Of course mine was an Auburn bag and his was a gator bag.

Felt a little weird riding around in a cart all day with matching "outfits".

Well my favorite player being rickie I figured i'd ask my fellow THPers what you think of when you see people wearing orange. I actually just bought an outfit and now all that's left is to buy the Puma hat. Can't wait. But what are your thoughts on the loud color being on the golf course.

If anything show some pictures of you or fellow people wearing orange.

I personally don't care for the color.
simon-cowell-thumbs-down.jpg

The only time I wear orange to the golf course is when I have just come out of the woods from hunting with my orange jumper suit and cap on :D...

lmao just kidding guys, I'm not a hunter :deadhorse:

I like orange as a color and would wear an orange shirt. I would not wear it with orange pants. Guess I am a bit more conservative for my personal clothing choices.

While I do not care if someone else was wearing it, I would immediately wonder if they have the game to back it up because they are inevitably drawing a ton of attention to themselves if they wore that to a course around here. (note: could be completely different in other parts of the country).

My high school colors are orange and black, so i wear orange a lot. I think it looks good.

While I do not care if someone else was wearing it, I would immediately wonder if they have the game to back it up because they are inevitably drawing a ton of attention to themselves if they wore that to a course around here. (note: could be completely different in other parts of the country).

I often wonder this. Glad you shared it.
Certain things apparently say "this guy can play". Staff bag, bold clothes, etc...
If they cant, it turns into being "that" guy. Similar to the one from the Wilson Staff ad.

Yet when its reversed and someone talks denim or heaven forbid cargo shorts, we are always told "dont judge someone on apparel".
It seems to be very ironic to me, no?
Honest question MC.

I often wonder this. Glad you shared it.
Certain things apparently say "this guy can play". Staff bag, bold clothes, etc...
If they cant, it turns into being "that" guy. Similar to the one from the Wilson Staff ad.

Yet when its reversed and someone talks denim or heaven forbid cargo shorts, we are always told "dont judge someone on apparel".
It seems to be very ironic to me, no?
Honest question MC.

Fair enough - I was expecting this! ha

To me the difference is this: denim or cargo shorts is the "average" golfer apparel in many places (especially at many of my local courses where the green fees are $30 and under so not expensive places or country clubs, etc). They blend in, don't draw attention to themselves in a positive or negative way. The guy that shows up dressed in neon loud outfits is going to stand out because they are dressed like a "pro" and I am going to wonder how good they are and at least watch them tee off where as I would probably pay no mind to the guy in denim or cargo shorts.

For me, I'm ok with a little bit of orange in my outfits, however, it is not the best color on me.
The only time I would wear A LOT of orange is when I am deer hunting and/or required to be in a prison jumpsuit...

Fair enough - I was expecting this! ha

To me the difference is this: denim or cargo shorts is the "average" golfer apparel in many places (especially at many of my local courses where the green fees are $30 and under so not expensive places or country clubs, etc). They blend in, don't draw attention to themselves in a positive or negative way. The guy that shows up dressed in neon loud outfits is going to stand out because they are dressed like a "pro" and I am going to wonder how good they are and at least watch them tee off where as I would probably pay no mind to the guy in denim or cargo shorts.

Thanks for the explanation.
I always wondered why the well dressed guy that cant play is a "poser".
But the guy dressed in jeans that cant play is "expected".
We always say dont look down on people for appearance, but lets face it, we all have our preconceived notions one way or the other.

I am not a fan of orange. Ever. I could care less if someone wears it though. I can proudly say that I have nothing that's orange in any of my apparel or golf gear.

Orange is ok....however head to toe of any color looks ridiculous. (IMHO)

I'm wearing a kinda orange shirt to play in today. I wear lots of different colours, but please not head to toe.

I don't really get the whole playing in your high school colours thing either. We didn't have high school colours over here, so maybe that's why. I'm long out of school and I like to represent myself on the course. I think this is perhaps a symptom of where I live, since there is a lot of hatred and sectarianism associated to certain colour combinations. I can't wear green and white, or red/white/blue in certain areas, or I run the risk of being assaulted. I take pride in distancing myself from that sort of stuff.

I like nothing better than to see someone taking pride in what they wear, and trying out their own individual style. By all means take inspiration, but being a carbon copy of your favourite golfer is a bit weak.

Back