Can THP Become Part of GHIN ?

My boss has told me stories of people 4 putting from 10 feet away right before a tournament to assist with sandbagging

I've actually seen some of that especially in match play events.

just rediculous

I have to admit KB that I am an idiot when it comes to handicaps. Don't really understand it

The handicap system is a bit complicated and I don't really get into all the details of it myself. I do understand it well enough to know that a 72 at a hard course that is rated high is way better than a 72 at an easier course with a low rating. In looking at the example I posted, this guy's scores are impressive until you look at the course rating and the handicap given for that round. When he goes to harder courses, his scores probably go up by at least 5 strokes or more.

This is a terrific idea, hope it works out for THP to become authorized!

Count me in too if it works out! This would be pretty freakin cool!

This is an awesome idea! Great idea whoever brought this up (and JB of course)!

Hey JB, did you ever make any progress on turning this idea into a reality? I'm sure a lot of people here would participate immediately.

Hey JB, did you ever make any progress on turning this idea into a reality? I'm sure a lot of people here would participate immediately.

We are still in talks.
There are some major hurdles that we want to clear up before we launch anything.
We hate to ever launch anything on this site and not have it fulfill all goals.

We are still in talks.
There are some major hurdles that we want to clear up before we launch anything.
We hate to ever launch anything on this site and not have it fulfill all goals.

Thanks for the update and glad to hear that there is still a chance of it coming to fruition!

no kidding, this would be awesome!

I am guessing this would be restricted to US member's only if it goes live due to the different handicap systems in the US and UK

Bump. Did anything ever come of this?

It would be awesome if something could be worked out. I would like to get a GHIN handicap, but don't really have a "home course" right now.

I am guessing this would be restricted to US member's only if it goes live due to the different handicap systems in the US and UK
I dunno - I would love keep a GHIN through THP - alongside my CONGU in the UK. As i think is already established the GHIN would not be official - and I think the different calculation system would result in different numbers anyway. I am no expert - but I believe that if I used my CONGU to play against the guys in the States, I would be well and truly living up to my forum name:act-up:

It would be awesome if something could be worked out. I would like to get a GHIN handicap, but don't really have a "home course" right now.

You don't need a home course in a physical sense. Many allow online score entry, so you just pick a course as your 'home' club, whether you play there or not.

I'd do it in a minute!

It's really easy to get one and enter scores. You don't even have to leave your computer these days.

It's really easy to get one and enter scores. You don't even have to leave your computer these days.

no kidding, especially with the mobile app too

The money is well spent in my opinion. Supports your local golf association.

Back