Callaway Rogue ST MAX Fairways

I've seen a few on there, missed out on buying them, and finally got this one.

Just curious how they exist when they were never marketed by Callaway.

So this wasn't on my radar until I was got into the 3 HL in my fitting at True Spec the other day. It was the first fairway wood I hit and nothing else came close. I was carrying it 245-250 with a little cut. And the feel was incredible. The past that absolutely shocked me was the R50 shaft I was using... 😮🤷

Serial number may tell you it’s a tour head possibly. @xThor will know better. Thought the thing holding them back was the lack of an adjustable hosel in stores.

Fairway woods off of a tight lie have been a low probability shot for me but I've gotten so comfortable with the Rogue ST LS 3HL that I've been waiting to get the opportunity to try it out on course. On the par 5th 18th hole I had 230 to the hole into the wind and I gave it a rip and was pin high left in the rough. I normally would have layed up and tried to wedge it close but now I'm going to be going at it more often from that distance!!

@93civiccpe I have a much better relationship with my LS 3HL 3W than I have ANY pervious 3W in these circumstances! Sooo good just like you say!

Serial number may tell you it’s a tour head possibly. @xThor will know better. Thought the thing holding them back was the lack of an adjustable hosel in stores.

@Golfers Anonymous was spot on. Generally if it has a TC starting serial number , that means it was Tour Certified, Non Retail product. It could also have been produced specifically for a certain region/tour in the world as well.

and yes, it definitely could be a fitting head. Around end of spring we started receiving adjustable heads in fitting carts.
So several possibilities, but they do exist

Last edited:
@Golfers Anonymous was spot on. Generally if it has a TC starting serial number , that means it was Tour Certified, Non Retail product. It could also have been produced specifically for a certain region in the world as well.

and yes, it definitely could be a fitting head. Around end of spring we started receiving adjustable heads in fitting carts.
So several possibilities, but they do exist

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes, I could see 5 of the serial numbers and they all start with F
So it's a real club good for regular use, but was made with an adjustable hosel for ease of adjustment during fittings.

Good info, and I'm glad I grabbed one.

Yeah the one I can see a pic of is an F serial number.

If I had to guess, these would be fitting heads

I did confirm that my head has a "F" serial number as well.

I played a round with it on Sunday, hit it very well.......am happy with my purchase.

Yeah the one I can see a pic of is an F serial number.

If I had to guess, these would be fitting heads
Ya we didn't make any for retail that had adjustable hosels

So I'm playing with a rare white unicorn of a club?
LOL

I topped one today 😕
Then I tried to hit a monster slice and actually put myself pin high. This club is amazing!

1668307467916.png

I had the club built with the specs and shaft from my fitting.... but the builder wrote down PD instead of TB.
So I had to send the club back to be rebuilt. Hopefully get it before Christmas. But we'll see what happens. A
bit frustrating, but I don't have my simulator up and running yet, so it's fine.

I'm oooogling over the consistency of this build in my fitting. While the distance gains were only about 7-8 yards over my current 3 wood,
it was RIDICULOUSLY straight and consistent. But there were significant changes to the build in terms of shaft flex, weight of club,
and swing weight.

I can't wait to swing all the new clubs.

I am debation on adding the Rogue ST Max D 5 wood replacing the UW.

I know how amazing the Max D is but will I have FOMO on the new line?

Reads like you're caught in a "Paradigm"

The Rogue ST Max 3HL which I ordered from CPO arrived yesterday. As advertised in like new condition (frankly, I can't tell that it isn't new). Hope to hit it soon. The 16.5* loft struck me, along with the high launch characteristics of the club, struck me as being a good combination for something hit-able by me.

Finally built with the correct shaft and delivered this morning.....

Attachments

• 20221231_123109.jpg
    20221231_123109.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221231_123228.jpg
    20221231_123228.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 10

Where did you land here?

And do folks have other thoughts on the Max compared to the Max D? Looking at 5 woods for taking it off the deck.

Waiting for the new line to show up at stores. I have the exact amount on a gift card to purchase a new one....illegedly.

Where did you land here?

And do folks have other thoughts on the Max compared to the Max D? Looking at 5 woods for taking it off the deck.

My ST LS 3 wood may be on its way out of the bag. I’ve never had an issue hitting fairway woods or getting them up in the air, but this one just seems to balloon on me, even in the LS head with a lower launch shaft.

My ST LS 3 wood may be on its way out of the bag. I’ve never had an issue hitting fairway woods or getting them up in the air, but this one just seems to balloon on me, even in the LS head with a lower launch shaft.
How could I have doubted the 3 wood?! It’s officially back in the circle of trust.

Back