JR

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone hit these? Thoughts?

I actually had the Krank El Diablo and could not hit it for the life of me. I usually hit a power fade but every drive was a huge slice. I kept trying and trying to hit it but had no luck. The woods are a completely different story though. I have the 3 and 5 woods and they are straight and long! I have been gaming them for 3 years now and have not even really thought about using anything else. I hit my 3 wood from yesterday from 240 out in the rough on a par 5 and put it 20 feet from the pin. When my driver lets me down, I know I can use this and hit the fairway without much distance loss.

I should add the driver is long too! But too long in the woods for my liking :silly:

I had someone telling me to look into these clubs, because they're the best on the market. I'd be interested to hear some thoughts from people who have hit them.

I've hit the El Diablo 6 and 7.5 and liked them. However I couldn't play it since looks horrible from address.

They are fun, and long. I got about 30 yards more with it. But as johndeere said, it isnt something you would want to play. If youre doing long driving comps, then, yes. I smashed it about 365 with this thing. had a 2xx shaft, so i was able to just swing free with it and not hold back. It can take a beating though. But they arent worth the money to have a driver to pull out for fun, cuz they arent much of a fairway finder if ya know what i mean.

Last edited:
For the money I initially spent on the clubs I regret doing it. You would be much better off buying something else. I will give some credit to their customer service though. I told them I was not hitting their driver as advertised and they sent me a new one with a stiffer shaft, not asking for the original in return. I also ordered a set of 3 wedges and when I received them they were not cut down to size. the shaft length was the same as my 3 iron. When I told them about it, they sent me a new set and told me to keep the other set. Basically, they gave me $600-$700 in free clubs. I couldn't complain about that at all. I sold the extras which made the initial purchase much more manageable.

I now play the 3 and 5 woods and wedges. Upgrading wedges soon.

I looked into these since I do enter longest drive contest. I would love to try one if I could get my hands on one.

I looked into these since I do enter longest drive contest. I would love to try one if I could get my hands on one.

Then you will want to go with the 48" option. Thats the longest length for long drive comps, and krank offers it for a few extra bucks. Get those few extra yards if you can swing that thing. I swang a 48" and 50", I think i was swinging on my toes with the 50".
But a decent long drive driver is also the bang-o-matic. they go for about 1/4 the price of krank, and do just about the same damage with the right shaft.

I entered a long drive contest with a freind of mine once. I was hitting aound 290-300 with my regular driver and he was hitting like 315. He actually won and I took third so we got to go to the next regional contest or whatever it was called. Before we left he bought one of the Krank drivers. It was like 48" long. At the next contest I still hit like 290-300. But my buddy ended up winning with drives around 365-370. These drivers really bomb the ball but they are a little hard to get used to.

I don't think they are really meant for regular play.

One of the members at my home course has the 48" one and I hit about 5 balls with it on the range. I bombed it, hitting the ball well over 300 each time with the best leaving the range at over 325! The bad part was I sprayed them all over!

I hit a 47 inch or something Krank Rage for about a half an hour at a demo day. I went up in loft to 10.5. I was adding at least 30 yards from my Nike SQ5900 with the stock shaft. No lie, this thing was long and rolled forever. Also reduced sidespin, so a straighter flight. I would suggest this driver to anyone who needs more distance off the tee. (However after I got fitted for the correct driver shaft in the same Nike head, I am hitting straighter and added an average of 22.4 yards on my drive starting 3 weeks ago.)

I would luv to try one out but i have never seen one anywhere but in magazines.

I actually had the Krank El Diablo and could not hit it for the life of me. I usually hit a power fade but every drive was a huge slice. I kept trying and trying to hit it but had no luck. The woods are a completely different story though. I have the 3 and 5 woods and they are straight and long! I have been gaming them for 3 years now and have not even really thought about using anything else. I hit my 3 wood from yesterday from 240 out in the rough on a par 5 and put it 20 feet from the pin. When my driver lets me down, I know I can use this and hit the fairway without much distance loss.

I should add the driver is long too! But too long in the woods for my liking :silly:

Arent these the same thing?

Not to me they aren't.
Power Fade = left to right ball flight which I have controlled. Starts out a bit left and cuts back to the center/right of fairway about midway through the flight.
Slice = Ball that starts down the middle/right and almost immediately snaps to the right and goes for days. Not a controlled ball.
Make sense?

Not to me they aren't.
Power Fade = left to right ball flight which I have controlled. Starts out a bit left and cuts back to the center/right of fairway about midway through the flight.
Slice = Ball that starts down the middle/right and almost immediately snaps to the right and goes for days. Not a controlled ball.
Make sense?

It was a badly worded joke. Every time I hit a slice I just call it a power fade.

It was a badly worded joke. Every time I hit a slice I just call it a power fade.

Haha! It is really difficult to tell when people are joking via forum sometimes. Personally, I have never hit a slice either. Nothing but power fades all day long. Never snap hooked either, just a hard, low draw that I was misaligned to hit :messed:

My normal group I play with on Sunday's refer to my slice as a power fade...lol.

TapaTalk...THP on the fly!

Krank it up? Dominating in the long drive contests maybe it transcends to "mortals"

Krank it up? Dominating in the long drive contests maybe it transcends to "mortals"

Might otherwise blow off this small club manufacturer as savy marketing but they have won many of the recent long drive contests (and placed in others) and also seem to use some science to their online format that from my experience promotes softer shafts and not always just longer clubs etc. They design their heads to be low spin and come in a couple of models.

http://krankgolf.com/

Anyone hit one of these? If I can get over the fairly bizarre (in my old school opinion) looks I might have to put aside my classic and pretty well performing 910 D3 sometime and get one of these for consideration as a backup driver or for really open courses. Reviews online accross the board pretty positive from even non long drive contenters and various handicaps - but have not seen anything on this site on the various models?

This is from their site and it even helped a former NBA pro:

Krank Golf, El Diablo Driver (USGA and R&A Conforming) wins the RE/MAX World Long Drive Championships 2007 (Grand Champion Division)

Can you say COMPLETE DOMINATION? The El Diablo Driver finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th. The top 20 longest hit balls in the grand champion division were hit by the El Diablo Driver. Rick Barry, NBA basketball legend and NBA Hall of Famer, brought home the Championship by hitting drives of 357, 349, 349 and 349 yards. Fred Hooter, LDA Hall of Fame...

There was another thread on these just in the last week or so

There are a few threads on them recently.
We have offered to review them for 2 years including when their sales rep joined THP and was pumping them up.
We offered them a spot in last years driver shoot out, comparing every driver out there just about head to head with the launch monitor.
We offered them a spot at the demo day to have more than 50 THPers get a chance to hit and compare them to other drivers head to head.
They have declined or not responded to each request.

Im sure many THPers would love to see how they perform head to head. THose that have them seem to enjoy them. It was a mixed bag at best for me when I tried them out.

I doubt many would benefit from hitting a 8 degree or less driver here.

I'm going to start awesomely mis-spelling my name so I look hardcore too.

Haaaaaaawk

Hö̈c

Never heard of them!

Back