Favorite person to play golf with?

Favorite person to play with is my Dad, no question. Favorite buddy to play with is my son's Godfather and Mini-Tour player Mark Baker.

I'd love to have had the chance to play golf with my dad. Unfortunately, his playing days were over before I was old enough to take the game up. My brothers were fun to play a game with, even though I could never shoot a decent score due to the banter! That doesn't happen any more either.

Right now, it'll be my father-in-law to be. He's off the same handicap as me, which makes for a bit of competition, and he likes to joke that I can never beat him round our home course. He's almost right, he just has this steely determination and grinds you down. Hoping it rubs off on me!

Just as an extra.....I'm sure it'll be many THP'ers when I finally get the chance to tee it up with you guys!

My wife.

Hopefully I'll be getting out with my other best friend (who I used to golf with all the time) soon as he is hopefully going to start playing again soon.

No question it's my dad. Pretty much the only reason I played when I was young was because I wanted to hang out with him. I didn't really like the game all that much, I was more into things that were fast paced with plenty of contact. But on the weekends my dad wanted to golf, so thats what I wanted to do to. I'm lucky enough now to get to play with him once a week or so. It is still the highlight of my week.

Unfortunately none of my friends are into golf and my one really great golf buddy has moved away so these days I generally sign up as a "lonesome" and get teamed up with many different people.

Most of the people I meet are great company and we usually all have a good time, but my favorite people are the ones who are really into the game of golf. All I want in a golf partner is someone who treats the game with respect, treats the course with respect and treats the people around them with respect. They don't have to be scratch golfers (it would be nice if they were) or even people who regularly break 90 or 100. It doesn't matter to me how proficient they are, I just want them to be out there because they're as psyched as I am to be there and not there because they had nothing better to do.

I've had a great time with every THP'er that I've ever played. Plus my old foursome back home was a lot of fun

Golftec coach. We actually became friends which was cool. I now get playing lessons every week w/o being charged for them and found someone who plays as much as i do

My annual guys group, my boy butch and my dad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my family even tho when we play each other our scores are terrible cuz we're trying to out bomb each other for bragging rights
then comes a few friends that are great to play a round with
but pair me up with some ladies and its onnnnn lol

My Dad. Though it's very infrequently these days as the fishing bug has him as golf has me.

My son. He no longer has the interest in the game as he did when he was little. But he'll still ride with me when we're at the condo in Myrtle Beach. Whether there's a club in his hand or he's just along for the ride, no better days.

My ex-partner with the NYPD. Worked with Fred for about 8 years, seen and went through a lot. Some really close calls over the years, very lucky to have both made it through 'em. Haven't worked with him since '98 but we've been regular playing partners since '94 or so.

Love playing with my father. Really nothing better than unwinding on the links and spending some quality time with the pops. We never play each other out of competition just out of the enjoyment we get spending alone time on the course.

My father and brother. About 6 years ago I bought my dad a beginners set of clubs for fathers day, he has never looked back. He shoots mid to low 80's now and got the golf bug so bad he bought a condo in N. Myrtle. With him playing too my brother decided to play as well. My little brother shot a 78 two weeks ago and I'm happier than a pig in "$&@.

Fellow member TheGeneral451 and my old man. Also if you pair those two together and it's a show.

My sons and my daughter-in-law. What could be better than an opportunity to walk and talk in a park-like setting for a few hours when we get together!

My 4 year old boy.
Doesn't get much better than when I duff a shot and he says "Whoa, great shot Daddy".
Impossible to get frustrated.

Thats priceless!
My favorites are my two sons, 15 and 13. I encourage the young one and talk smack to the older one. (He usually beats me)

I have a good friend from High School that I golf with at least once a year and we just have a blast. No worries about impressing anyone no worries about score just get to reconnect have some fun and play some golf.

My brother-in-law. He's a pretty good golfer, when he can get out and play. He is always upbeat and rarely talks negative. I love to watch him swing, he's smooth and fairly long.

My wife.

My Dad. I love the time we spend together on the course. We have a ratty dollar bill in a frame that has "Mary's Dollar" and "Fred's Dollar" written on it that we pass back and forth as our trophy.

My Dad. I love the time we spend together on the course. We have a ratty dollar bill in a frame that has "Mary's Dollar" and "Fred's Dollar" written on it that we pass back and forth as our trophy.
That's pretty cool, my Dad and I only played together when I was very young. I didn't really take the game up seriously until he had given it up, then due to health reasons after he retired he never got back in to it. Would love another chance to tee it up the ole fella.

I have a group of friends that are all great to tee it up with, hard to single out one.

My dad, not sure why, probably because he basically taught me how to play. I grew up in a small town, and had no lessons after the 3d grade. And look at me now, a giant golf addict.

Back