3 wheeled push cart vs. 2 wheeled pull cart

EJ333

Reaction score
Handicap
I have always used a 2 wheeled pull cart. A very affordable Hippo one that only costs $30 . I have been happy with it, but since I tend to feel it's easier to pull it than push it, I pull it with one hand and wonder if a push cart with three wheels is any easier on the wrist. Occasionally, on slopes my wrist can get strained if I feel the cart is starting to tip to the side. The positives of the Hippo is that it is very lightweight and easy to fold into the trunk along with being inexpensive to replace when the time comes.

I've owned both and honestly don't find a huge difference between them. Yes the 3 wheeler is easier to push but sometimes the 2 wheeler is better with stopping on hills. The 3 wheeler can roll away if you don't set it at the right angle. I don't have the high-end of either so maybe the really pricey ones are worth it but I doubt it's worth the extra $ if you like to keep it simple.

I'm a 3wheel fan myself. I'd rented the two wheel rickshaw types and wasn't too impressed. I played a course a couple summers ago where they supplied a Sun Mountain 3 wheeler with the round, and after playing there a bunch I went and got my own.

I have a 2 wheeler myself, can push or pull it quite easily

I used a 2 wheeler recently and couldn't get it to balance right when pulling it. I think my bag is too bottom heavy and I had to keep considerable downward force on the handle to keep it at the right angle for rolling. Combine that with the wheels hitting my heels while walking and I'll continue to carry my bag!

I'll take my push cart anyday over a pull cart. I carried for years, bought a pull cart, hated how it hurt my neck and arms, bought a push cart and never looked back......

I use a push-cart and find that it is much easier on wrists and back. I´ll never go back to a two-wheel cart, there´s just no comparison in my book. So much easier when you push. I highly recommend that your next cart is a three wheeler, but be sure to cough up the extra money to get inflatable wheels all around.

This was a tough decision for me too.

I've always liked to walk and I grew up on two-wheeled pull carts (I've owned them and rented them). For many years I just carried my bag but the ol' "carry muscles" weren't what they used to be and so I went looking for either a push or pull cart. I ended up with a three-wheeler because I think it's more convenient overall. Everything is in front of me, it rolls very easily and the little parking brake makes it easy to use on slopes.

But the one thing I really like best about it is that every now and then when the fairway slopes away from me, I can give it a good shove and it will roll way out in front of me and I can then just walk with nothing attached to my arm or shoulder and that feels good to do.

I like the three wheel cart better. I've never had one run away from me yet, other than when I just pushed it ahead going down a small incline.

used both for a few months. pull cart is much easier on the wrists and back. In fact i only has soreness/discomfort with the pull cart, none with the push carts

I have a 3 wheel ClicGear and love it. Traded in my old 2 wheeler to get in and will never go back to 2 wheels. Rolling is never a problem because they all have brakes. Typically, if it rolls, it is your own fault.

I have an old Bag Boy 3 wheeler and outside of the small front wheels that I don't care for, I found that the push factor was much easier on my back. Just feels more natural. Like a few people have mentioned, letting a push cart slowly roll down a hill and stop where you expect it to, is a nice little fun extra. My only recommendation is to make sure you get a hand or foot brake. Also, my friend has inflatable tires and that thing is like butta. (He also paid quite a bit for it.)

Push or Pull Cart?

Push or Pull Cart?

I'm about to buy one to save some money and not ride as much as I have over the past few months (the weather in Dallas has been in the 110's, so I started riding more than walking). I have looked up info on the topic and have seen push carts are likely the better choice. Any truth to this?

I'm also trying to figure out which one to go with. I see a ton of positive reviews for clic-gear push carts and sun mountain push carts.

Thanks!

Push...imho it's easier to push than pull.

Definitely a push cart. I used to have the 3-wheel Sun Mountain for years but gave it to my wife this summer and now have the Bag Boy 4-wheel Quad push cart. It is easier/quicker to open and packs down into a much smaller footprint, if you will, which is nice for those of us who don't have an SUV to stow our gear.

Push...imho it's easier to push than pull.

And if you need to, you can always pull it. You can push a pull cart as well, but the extra wheel(s) makes it easier.

And if you need to, you can always pull it. You can push a pull cart as well, but the extra wheel(s) makes it easier.

you're wicked smaht!

There was a sports authority coupon for 25% off? Tons of exclusions but the 4 wheeled Sun Mountain Micro was going for about $100

I was strongly considering that 4 wheel bagboy cart, but all the literature I've read mainly involves the sun mountain and clic-gear push carts. I haven't seen much on that 4 wheel bag boy cart yet :wink:

I was strongly considering that 4 wheel bagboy cart, but all the literature I've read mainly involves the sun mountain and clic-gear push carts. I haven't seen much on that 4 wheel bag boy cart yet :wink:

Stay tuned, Hanks is working on that review right now.

I like to walk for the last two years carried my bag but on the more humid days I used my two wheel cart however a friend of mine offered me his Clicgear 2.0 for a price I could not refuse and I must say that is quite a difference. I find it much easier to push rather than pull, so much so that I pretty much decided to use the clicgear fulltime from now on. Of course it could be just me trying to find a way to justify my purchase!

do the clicgear accessories work with other models such as the sun mountain or bag boy push carts?

Back