2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

I brought up a trade-in with the wife tonight. It was a good start and I think at some point it will be able to be done while staying married now. :D

My swing speed is 105ish but I like to look at ball speed. My G400max was 148 and the Stealth Plus is 153 and that’s at the same 10.5 degree loft.
The Ping is a great driver but enough time has elapsed that the newer technology makes a difference.

Thanks for the insights. I pulled the trigger and used my family discount to get the Stealth for 45% off. It was really a no-brainer. It'll be here tomorrow along with my Hi-Toe Raw. Excited!

Picked up a new Stealth head on eBay. I’m hitting my M5 great right now but itching to try something new. Unfortunately it’s snowing now.

Attachments

• BBD4A21A-23C4-4808-BCB1-810593650F6E.png
    BBD4A21A-23C4-4808-BCB1-810593650F6E.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 13
I'm sure we've all noticed how good the Stealth driver sounds. Maybe the carbon face has something to do with that. I'm happy with the High Draw (HD) model; don't have to worry about leaving the face open.

I brought up a trade-in with the wife tonight. It was a good start and I think at some point it will be able to be done while staying married now. :D
Trade in for freakin' what?

Spent a very painful 10 minutes on what was supposed to be a non-swing day because of a sore back getting my head a little more upright. Noticed I was creeping a little toe down recently and wasn't loving it. Got it pretty steady at 1.3 or 1.3 degrees up at 116-17 mph swing, so figure I should be good to go now when I swing it full.

Was surprised how much I could get out of it at about 110 mph while I was figuring out how not to hurt myself, and have really come to enjoy the feedback on the face with various strikes. Crazy that it was so foreign to me in the beginning that I found it a little confusing.

Late to the party but here are my comps. Ping 400 (2017) vs the Stealth

My range with the Ping 400 was 185 on mishits and 225 on solid strikes. Stealth, 255 on solid strikes and 238 on mishits. What a wonderful driver. I went with the red ventus shaft it really works well with my SS.

Guy I’m with hit a weird squirrely drive we all thought was weird considering how he was hitting it earlier.

Gets to hole 10, uh oh’s..DD2954EF-0C30-4B03-BDE5-89A5F3FFF91D.jpeg

Related: That was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen a driver do. Just disintegrated

Guy I’m with hit a weird squirrely drive we all thought was weird considering how he was hitting it earlier.

Gets to hole 10, uh oh’s..View attachment 9146871
Looks like he’ll be getting a new stealth 2 for free :) if he hold off a few weeks before doing a warranty claim anyways haha.

Related: That was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen a driver do. Just disintegrated

I want to see the carbon face post crime scene.

Gets to hole 10, uh oh’s..View attachment 9146871

Did they replace the head for free, or the driver? Just curious, I saw a guy have this happen on youtube while doing a review. He never said one way or the other.

I’d be curious as to what % of their drivers have had this issue. I’m not saying that expecting it to be a silly high number…but I feel like we’ve seen quite a bit. Kind of reminds me of the Aldila Rogue shaft breakage which was something like 2% iirc. Which was high enough to be a real concern.

Did they replace the head for free, or the driver? Just curious, I saw a guy have this happen on youtube while doing a review. He never said one way or the other.
What typically happens is you reach out the shop you bought it from and they call TM and they get work to get the green light to give you another one off the rack and they warranty it.

If you bought direct, same thing. They find the order number and all that and say okay, send us back the broken club in the box when you get the replacement. They do a CC hold charge just in case you get sketchy until the damaged club is received.

I’d be curious as to what % of their drivers have had this issue. I’m not saying that expecting it to be a silly high number…but I feel like we’ve seen quite a bit. Kind of reminds me of the Aldila Rogue shaft breakage which was something like 2% iirc. Which was high enough to be a real concern.

GULP, I have one in my bag right now, I don't swing really fast so hopefully the face stays intact! The driver has give me 20 - 30 extra yards, with the correct shaft fitting and the hot face.

GULP, I have one in my bag right now, I don't swing really fast so hopefully the face stays intact! The driver has give me 20 - 30 extra yards, with the correct shaft fitting and the hot face.
Which is awesome. I’m all for people finding clubs that work great for them. Do you have the stealth or the + model?

I wouldn’t be concerned with breakage. There was no recall so it’s just “stuff happens”. TM has great customer support so it’s always taken care of.

I have a Stealth Plus and my previous driver was a Ping G400max. That Ping is an awesome driver. But… I do pick up 3-4 mph of ball speed with the Stealth which translates into yards. Accuracy hasn’t suffered with with the Stealth Plus

I don't think it's anywhere even remotely close to that. Not even above some other OEM failure rates. That particular failure had a certain impressiveness to it though. Everyone wants to see the inside of their driver, right? 😆

I don't think it's anywhere even remotely close to that. Not even above some other OEM failure rates. That particular failure had a certain impressiveness to it though. Everyone wants to see the inside of their driver, right? 😆
I don’t think it’s that high either but based on one retailer report (national chain) it is the largest in the industry for them on a percentage basis. By a pretty good margin too.

I don’t think it’s that high either but based on one retailer report (national chain) it is the largest in the industry for them on a percentage basis. By a pretty good margin too.
Good to know. I'm curious how some of this shakes out over the next couple years as we push technology and material limits. If we'll see slightly elevated failure rates compared to in the past. Feels like with good customer service and warranty treatment people are tolerant enough to allow a bit of wiggle.

yeah I don’t think it’s that high either. Just curious because there have been issues. The Rogue part is kind of what got my gears going.

Back