2022 Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls

After a long affair with the CSX LS, I’m back to the CSX. It just seems to be the perfect balance. I actually needed the additional spin off the tee. Distance went back to normal. I love everything about this ball.
You’re going to make me try the X again

I will post in the GD thread as well, but wanted to give some feedback on my personal experience with CSX / CSX WITH Triple Track.

I have been on the CSX and CSXLS most currently for a couple generations now. When Triple Track came out, I really was not getting what I thought was good alignment. I was also wearing glasses at the time and I have astigmatism. I eventually just went away from Triple Track and really hadn't went back. Pretty recently, I got contact lenses and I really have loved played golf with contacts WAY more than with glasses. The problem, for me, was that with glasses, my line from over the ball and behind the ball were not matching. It would look straight behind the ball and then I would get over stand it always looked way left. Strange.

Anyhow, at the Grandaddy, we played Triple Track and I started using it to line up and it was like a light switch with my eyes. It all looked perfect again. I don't know exactly why the glasses vs contacts thing makes that huge difference for my eyes, but I can say that I am back on the Triple Track Wagon and it is going to be a great ride going forward.

Sorry for the long post on this, but I thought anyone out there with less than perfect vision, glasses, etc may have interest.
We are in the same boat in terms of vison and glass prescription. Contact lenses are a must of the course and really allowed me to settle into the TT technology. Now I can’t putt with another ball. It’s so simple and easy. I was a late convert as well bc I thought it would make my putting routine longer, but it didn’t

After a long affair with the CSX LS, I’m back to the CSX. It just seems to be the perfect balance. I actually needed the additional spin off the tee. Distance went back to normal. I love everything about this ball.
Something about the LS was just “off for me”. I wanted to like it, but it felt a bit firm and not enough “bite” into the greens like I want. Off the tee it’s perfect and helps me a ton. Sorry distance wise.
You’re going to make me try the X again
I was JUST thinking the same thing!!
CSX is the jam! Im not a high swing speed player and it gives me all I need through the bag. Especially spin into the greens. I hate a chip or pitch to run out on me and the CSX minimizes that.

Last edited:
I need to get numbers on all my clubs at some point. I stick with standard CS cuz I'll spin my 54 back off greens sometimes with any other. Would be curious to see some actual numbers.
Yes, you should. Could always surprise you, and even just knowing is worthwhile.

I need to get numbers on all my clubs at some point. I stick with standard CS cuz I'll spin my 54 back off greens sometimes with any other. Would be curious to see some actual numbers.
Definitely a good idea. Gotta be nice seeing that much zip though. Guess the alternative is trying to throw it in there right. My father in law plays for the roll and scores much better than his buddies for a reason.

Definitely a good idea. Gotta be nice seeing that much zip though. Guess the alternative is trying to throw it in there right. My father in law plays for the roll and scores much better than his buddies for a reason.
It would be nicer if I knew how to control it lol. I've seen more consistency with the CS though. All my shots seem to stick or spin back a few feet. Tried X LS a little bit and it would either stick or shoot back like 15 feet or more. I even had one that I hit a decent sized cut with my GW and it spun back and to the right, from the middle of the green to the front right corner. Pin was back left in that instance 😂

I DONT KNOW BUT I LIKE IT 😘
I told myself I had decided...this is what happens when I have such a long layoff from golf lol

That leads me to this thread obviously.

During my ECPC fitting, getting the right (or close to right spin #s in my iron fitting was a task. We quickly moved on from certain iron/wood categories and shafts that started optimizing and providing me more spin. I'm a pretty low spin player anyways.

we landed on a good combination from that fitting and I took the opportunity to ask the fitter a few questions about ball.
-can I improve these spin numbers we are at with a specific ball?
-is there a bad choice for my spin profile?
-I asked the putting fitter about balls, alignment, feel, etc

the simple answers to these questions were:

1: yes you can improve your spin #s by using the Chrome soft x. It will help add a few hundred rpm's and with the clubs / shafts setup we chose have an overall better impact on appropriate spin we were looking for.
2: stay away from anything that takes spin away entirely regardless of ball company brand
3: if I can improve my alignment slightly with the help of triple track.......why not try it? Worst case scenario is I end up going regular chrome soft x or truvis for a little fun

It would be nicer if I knew how to control it lol. I've seen more consistency with the CS though. All my shots seem to stick or spin back a few feet. Tried X LS a little bit and it would either stick or shoot back like 15 feet or more. I even had one that I hit a decent sized cut with my GW and it spun back and to the right, from the middle of the green to the front right corner. Pin was back left in that instance 😂
Same for me. I see way too many good approach shots spin back off the green with the csx. Also the std. CS is the best of the bunch off the tee for me. It definitely launches higher and stays online better than the csx with driver. I love the soft feel but understand that some folks do not.

I am certain that some folks who use csx and ls would benefit from the standard ball but never gave it a chance.

I've never been a fan of alignment aids on golf balls; they've just never done anything for me and seemed to take too long to line up. Well, I've been struggling recently with hitting my target line. I tend to pull the ball due to an open stance, and this is pretty inconsistent. After a horrendous putting day earlier this week, I hit the practice green today for some work. At the start, I was right where I left off. Pulling off my line inconsistently and doing terrible.

Now, Triple Track is something I very briefly tried, but never really put in any effort since I never got along with lines on the ball like I mentioned. I decided to give it some deeper testing today, and boy am I glad I did. I think I may be a TT convert now. I started using TT to line up my feet to my target line, which is something I've never tried before. This probably isn't ground breaking, I just haven't paid enough attention. I had immediate results. Drained a few 20+ footers and could not miss my target line. Using the TT to first align my feet, and then set my putter down seems to be a $$$ combo. I'm playing tomorrow morning and will put this into play and see how it does on course. Pretty excited if it is as effective as today on the practice green.

Last edited:
I've never been a fan of alignment aids on golf balls; they've just never done anything for me and seemed to take too long to line up. Well, I've been struggling recently with hitting my target line. I tend to pull the ball due to an open stance, and this is pretty inconsistent. After a horrendous putting day earlier this week, I hit the practice green today for some work. At the start, I was right where I left off. Pulling off my line inconsistently and doing terrible.

Now, Triple Track is something I very briefly tried, but never really put in any effort since I never got along with lines on the ball like I mentioned. I decided to give it some deeper testing today, and boy am I glad I did. I think I may be a TT convert now. I started using TT to line up my feet to my target line, which is something I've never tried before. This probably isn't ground breaking, I just haven't paid enough attention. I had immediate results. Drained a few 20+ footers and could not miss my target line. Using the TT to first align my feet, and then set my putter down seems to be a $$$ combo. I'm playing tomorrow morning and will put this into play and see how it does on course. Pretty excited if it is as effective as today on the practice green.
Ok, after my round today I'm all in on Triple Track. Was so useful for aligning my feet today. Only pulled one putt. Went from 39 putts on Monday to 31 putts today. That easily could have been in the 20s because I had a lot of edge burners and a few lip outs. Some days those are gonna drop.

Ok, after my round today I'm all in on Triple Track. Was so useful for aligning my feet today. Only pulled one putt. Went from 39 putts on Monday to 31 putts today. That easily could have been in the 20s because I had a lot of edge burners and a few lip outs. Some days those are gonna drop.

Awesome!!!

Do you use it off the tee at all? Not that you'd ever miss a fairway (I never saw it) but I found it fun to use as an alignment aid there too.

Back