Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

Got these in yesterday and opened them this morning. Glad I decided on these over T100S. First the reviews on consistency of spin and playability between the 2 seemed to be really even all over the internet. The 2 things that swayed me were price (getting a 5-G set for $350 is stupid) and durability as everyone has raved about the durability of these MIM's. The eBay seller of these seemed to be more of a yard/estate sale reseller than a golf reseller as they had all kinds of other stuff for sale so it's hard to know how many rounds these were played, but they look phenomenal. You can tell they were played some on the face, but that's about it.

Having owned both, I think you made the right choice. IMO the MIM feel better then the t100. Way more forgiving, and for me front to back numbers were better. The blade length is a touch long on the MIM to my eye, but that’s just me being picky!

The blade length is a touch long on the MIM to my eye, but that’s just me being picky!
Coming from LTDx they are quite pleasing to the eye.

i've been eyeing these as well. too many temptations while i try and wait...

Alright did it. Got the seller down to $350 for 5-GW with Recoil 95 F4. I think that’s a bargain and they look great still. I know these wear very slowly as the PW I have been playing for over a year still looks brand new.
Dude. That's a steal!!

I had an opportunity to get the copper ones (as a second set) for $600 brand new and turned it down. If I see a used set below $400 like @DataDude got, I'm all in

Having owned both, I think you made the right choice. IMO the MIM feel better then the t100. Way more forgiving, and for me front to back numbers were better. The blade length is a touch long on the MIM to my eye, but that’s just me being picky!
When I was getting fit earlier this year, I had the T100 in my top 3...as #3. I thought the prior gen P770 felt better but the added forgiveness of the Cobra Tours sold it for me

I'm mildly tempted to try the new P770s

I spent some time hitting the i230 yesterday and I’m not sure I would gain much unless I power spec them to help get my spin down. The MIM are so good it’s going to take a great fitting to make me move from them.

I spent some time hitting the i230 yesterday and I’m not sure I would gain much unless I power spec them to help get my spin down. The MIM are so good it’s going to take a great fitting to make me move from them.
As I wanted a profile change and did a lot of research on current irons in the profile I wanted, these just kept coming up as not only a great value, but great sticks period.

As I wanted a profile change and did a lot of research on current irons in the profile I wanted, these just kept coming up as not only a great value, but great sticks period.
Can’t remember if I had the MIM King Tour Irons in the bag when we played together at the Bourbon Bash. I think so. I do remember feeling after I got them that they were much better than I expected Coming from Forged blades.

The copper finish has started wearing off but they have the chrome finish underneath.

Looking forward to seeing the updated MBs, CBs and King Tour irons hopefully in a few weeks.

Can’t remember if I had the MIM King Tour Irons in the bag when we played together at the Bourbon Bash. I think so. I do remember feeling after I got them that they were much better than I expected Coming from Forged blades.

The copper finish has started wearing off but they have the chrome finish underneath.

Looking forward to seeing the updated MBs, CBs and King Tour irons hopefully in a few weeks.
My finish is wearing and it’s satin. Aging rather well. These have to lose in a fitting. I want new but would be content to keep these in the bag.

When I was getting fit earlier this year, I had the T100 in my top 3...as #3. I thought the prior gen P770 felt better but the added forgiveness of the Cobra Tours sold it for me

I'm mildly tempted to try the new P770s

the Cobras are definitely nice, I also like the fact that my bag is a lot different then everyone is else’s, not a lot of Cobra at my club..

My finish is wearing and it’s satin. Aging rather well. These have to lose in a fitting. I want new but would be content to keep these in the bag.
Yes, it is a satin chrome underneath. I guess the point I was trying to emphasize is that they are not raw under the copper. No rust.

the Cobras are definitely nice, I also like the fact that my bag is a lot different then everyone is else’s, not a lot of Cobra at my club..
I have a buddy who is a Titleist homer...keeps telling me that I need to get some T100s because they're forged and "so much better than anything Cobra"

Too bad he's like a 6 handicap and I'm at 16...so I can't complain or prove him wrong on the course (yet)

I have a buddy who is a Titleist homer...keeps telling me that I need to get some T100s because they're forged and "so much better than anything Cobra"

Too bad he's like a 6 handicap and I'm at 16...so I can't complain or prove him wrong on the course (yet)
what a weird reason “because they are forged”

I played the first gen t100, I’ve had the new t100 and t100s. I love Titleist, was a all Titleist bag for many years. The MIM tour are much better feeling. I like the size of the T100 better, but get over it quickly when I hit the MIM tour. I would tell your buddy the MIM process ends up with a tighter grain structure then traditional forged, which is what makes the irons feel so good! My only knocks on the MIMs are (both personal preferences) a little long front to back and I’m not a big fan of chrome irons prefer the satin, black or raw look.

I played the first gen t100, I’ve had the new t100 and t100s. I love Titleist, was a all Titleist bag for many years. The MIM tour are much better feeling. I like the size of the T100 better, but get over it quickly when I hit the MIM tour. I would tell your buddy the MIM process ends up with a tighter grain structure then traditional forged, which is what makes the irons feel so good! My only knocks on the MIMs are (both personal preferences) a little long front to back and I’m not a big fan of chrome irons prefer the satin, black or raw look.
Just get the copper finish 😉

So obviously these aren’t new or in line but still new to me. I got out for 9 tonight and played +8. Still haven’t played worse than bogey golf with these in the bag. I came from LTDx irons so I wanted to note one thing I am seeing different. These are way straiter. I just don’t have the hard hook that goes forever and misses by a mile anymore. I was hoping the bad pull miss would disappear with a less offset higher spin design and I have found that to be true so far. I am seeing about a club and a half less distance. 7 iron has gone from 155-160 to 140-145. That’s due to higher ball flight and much less release after landing from what I can tell. Oh well I used to play a 26* 7 iron after my 5 hybrid and now I play a 29* 6 iron in that spot. I’m also losing some distance forgiveness as misses are not as likely to go as far as a center strike. This has not been hurting as much with me hitting my line much more consistently.

This are still in the bag for now. So much good from cobra and Srixon release it's going to be hard to not get something new.

This are still in the bag for now. So much good from cobra and Srixon release it's going to be hard to not get something new.
I'm determined NOT to try new irons this year...I have hit these so well I don't want a new set.

I can resist. I can resist. 🤥

I'm determined NOT to try new irons this year...I have hit these so well I don't want a new set.

I can resist. I can resist. 🤥
Maybe if I take a hiatus from THP, would be the only way haha

I still really enjoy mine. They look great and the copper finish has worn so well. I've been very open about iron shopping really for more forgiveness. That means I'll have to go to a players distance club. I've struggled to find more forgiveness in a players style club. Still a very good option for a lot of golfers.

Was hitting mine very well this morning in the simulator. Struggling to move on from them.

Was hitting mine very well this morning in the simulator. Struggling to move on from them.
They are really good. Have a great feel. May not be the softest irons out there but also have more forgiveness than you would expect.

Back