I'm still not sure about Jagr. I guess we'll just have to wait and see where his head is. Definitely could help on the PP, if nothing else. I at least hope we hear something soon, they said a decision would be made yesterday...

I think he has a couple of other offers unless Mario has him holed up in his houser

I think Jagr is washed up.. Just my opinion though..

How about Erhoff's contract in Buffalo? Anyone else this this should get rejected? 40 million over 10 years, with 18 million paid out in the first two? Ridiculous.

More interesting moves

B: Sharks sign Setoguchi to a 3 year deal then trade him 3 days later is odd. However adding Burns to their lineup makes their defense MUCH better if he's past his consussion problems

I may be bias but I think the Sharks made a huge mistake. Burns is a defensive liability and is better as a forward.

Have they found Jagr yet? Heard he was missing yesterday

I think he has a couple of other offers unless Mario has him holed up in his houser
All I've been hearing today is that Detroit is the frontrunner again... no clue how this one will pan out.

I may be bias but I think the Sharks made a huge mistake. Burns is a defensive liability and is better as a forward.

I think that's what the Sharks need though. They need the Green, Burns, etc who will put points up from the point so opposing teams don't just focus on shutting down the Shark forwards and aside from Boyle, there's no one else back there that can score. Vlasic looked to be the answer the year before but without Blake as his mentor he had a down year. I think Burns will actually be quite good for them if he buys into the system.

And yes, Erhoff's contract should be thrown out. I'm tired of these unrealistic contracts where everyone knows the player will be retiring half way through. I bet Hoff make's it to 4 years, 5 tops before he's gone.

I think that's what the Sharks need though. They need the Green, Burns, etc who will put points up from the point so opposing teams don't just focus on shutting down the Shark forwards and aside from Boyle, there's no one else back there that can score. Vlasic looked to be the answer the year before but without Blake as his mentor he had a down year. I think Burns will actually be quite good for them if he buys into the system.

And yes, Erhoff's contract should be thrown out. I'm tired of these unrealistic contracts where everyone knows the player will be retiring half way through. I bet Hoff make's it to 4 years, 5 tops before he's gone.

I think 4-5 might be low, but I absolutely refuse to believe that after 7 years and 37 million dollars, he'll have interest in staying for another three years at 1 million apiece..

I just don't buy it at all.

I think 4-5 might be low, but I absolutely refuse to believe that after 7 years and 37 million dollars, he'll have interest in staying for another three years at 1 million apiece..

I just don't buy it at all.

Fair enough, 5 might be too low.

I've been against these deals from the beginner. Franzen, Louongo, Hoff, Kovalchuk have bogus deals that make a mockerey of the cap and screw teams for years to come. Can't really go back on them now, but I hope something is changed in the next CBA and their parameters.

I actually do not think Jags is washed up. He averaged a point per game in the WC playing against elite talent, averaged almost a point per game in the lower scoring KHL the last 3 years and finished 8th in league scoring this year. He could be a great, cheap addition.

I have thought about him joining the Habs and what that would mean. I think he could help if he is one his gams, but if not, then the fans would devour him in an instant. I am still leaning towards no as I like the youth movement.

Pens and Wings both pull out of the Jagr hunt. Pens re-sign Kennedy instead. I couldn't be happier with that decision.

Pens and Wings both pull out of the Jagr hunt. Pens re-sign Kennedy instead. I couldn't be happier with that decision.

They were my #1 bets! Looks like Habs and Flyers?

I'm definitely leaning Habs.

EDIT: And just like that, he goes to the Flyers. hahaha. 3.3 mil (wayyy too much money!)
Can't wait for Orpik to hit the crap out of him 8 games per year.

I think the Jets might make a play for him to start off right! JK, I think he just needs to retire so we can remember the good years.

I think the Jets might make a play for him to start off right! JK, I think he just needs to retire so we can remember the good years.

What ever happened to that concept? Players leaving the game . . . forever, while the memories of them are fond.

Jagr is a Flyer. 1 year @ $3.3 million according to TSN.

Canadan has to like see Wisniewski in a Jackets jersey for the next 6 years. Loved him with the Habs. Great player and lots of offense from the point. CBJ has improved dramatically in the last couple of weeks. Very impressed with the organization and can't wait to see how they do next season.

Bad news though losing Upshall! Huge loss. Great player for the organization!

What ever happened to that concept? Players leaving the game . . . forever, while the memories of them are fond.

I used to love watching the pens in the glory days and especially watching Jagr and Mario. It just puts a sour taste in my mouth when guys seem to be holding on for too long, but I also don't care for NHLers who've left for the KHL, IMHO.

Jagr is a Flyer. 1 year @ $3.3 million according to TSN.
I'll be curious to see how he and Pronger interact.

I used to love watching the pens in the glory days and especially watching Jagr and Mario. It just puts a sour taste in my mouth when guys seem to be holding on for too long, but I also don't care for NHLers who've left for the KHL, IMHO.

I'll be curious to see how he and Pronger interact.

Should be interesting to see unfold.

Florida has been very active early on the FA front. Jovocop has come full circle and is back where he started. Upshall, Goc, and Kopecky are great additions too!

Talbot is a Flyer. I hate hockey now.

Ok, I don't hate it. But I did for a couple minutes when I first heard that. It's gonna be so weird seeing him on the other side.

Going to enjoy seeing Cole in Canadiens red this year. Budaj will be a great back-up to spell price as well.

There is so much action my head is spinning! I love FA day!

As an Avs fan I like this, I feel somewhat bad for Budaj, but Varlamov is a solid young goaltender, hopefully he'll be around for a while.

That seems like an awefully steep price for Varm as well. He's played very well and exceptionally poorly and for a team that seems to want to stock pile the leagues draft picks, it's an interesting choice. Plus there's the fact that Budaj just went to Montreal to be Price's backup

Seems like way too much money for Cole from Montreal. Everytime Cole has left Carolina he hasn't really been at his best.

Sturm for Vancouver is an interesting signing. If he has a good year, he could be exactly what Kesler needs on the second line

Eager to Edmonton is also interesting. Now the young-un's have Eager and Smyth as mentors...

watch out!!! flyers are making moves!!!

Talbot is a Flyer. I hate hockey now.

Ok, I don't hate it. But I did for a couple minutes when I first heard that. It's gonna be so weird seeing him on the other side.

Love Talbot to hey somebody had to go , Flyers can have him and Jargr they need more help than that

Back