Garrigus the pot head

biggsy

Reaction score
Taken from ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=6729348

Most interesting thing is it was DURING rounds.

Robert Garrigus: Players smoked pot

NEWTOWN SQUARE, Pa. -- PGA Tour player Robert Garrigus, best known for his long drives and knee-high putter, said he -- along with other unnamed players on the Nationwide Tour -- smoked marijuana during tournament rounds in 2002, according to an interview published on Golf Digest's web site.

"Oh yeah, there were plenty of guys on the Nationwide Tour who smoked in the middle of the round," Garrigus told Golf Digest in a story headlined "The Reclamation of Robert Garrigus." The PGA Tour did not institute drug testing until six years later.

"We always talked about it. You could go in the Porta John and take your drags," he said.

Garrigus, however, believes his own drug problems turned around his life.

"I had a very high tolerance, and I didn't know that it wasn't helping me," he told the magazine. "All you're thinking is that it feels good, so it must be good for what you're doing. It wasn't until I quit that I realized how stupid it was. But I don't regret any of it because it put me on the path I'm on now."

The PGA Tour declined to comment on the story, both to Golf Digest and ESPN.com.

Garrigus, who went into rehab for his drug and alcohol problems in 2003 but says he has been clean ever since, is playing this week at the AT&T National outside of Philadelphia.

He's currently 39th on the PGA Tour money list with $1,315,557 in earnings this season.

In 2010, Matt Every was suspended three months by the tour for conduct unbecoming a professional after his arrest for marijuana possession, according to Golfweek magazine.

Every earned a promotion to the PGA Tour after finishing 10th on the Nationwide Tour money list in 2009.

Could it be possible that the great Paradisian Captain pulled off a One-T skim?

Could it be possible that the great Paradisian Captain pulled off a One-T skim?

I was skimming when skimming was cool.

Had not heard this story and had not seen it posted, just goes hand in hand with your story. Go ahead and merge it with that long thread, just thought it was interesting they were toking up during rounds. If that was mentioned, I missed it. I apologize to the real great Captain!

Could be the reason for the itsy bitsy putter:D

Haha, I missed that thread...oops. What's the protocol One-T?

The first rule of skimmin gis admitting you skimmed. The second rule is accepting that you will catch grief. The third rule is keep on skimming, your active, I would rather be an active skimmer than not active on THP

The first rule of skimmin gis admitting you skimmed. The second rule is accepting that you will catch grief. The third rule is keep on skimming, your active, I would rather be an active skimmer than not active on THP
Hi, I'm biggsy and I'm a skimmer. Wow, I feel so much better broseph!

Works for me!

Hi, I'm biggsy and I'm a skimmer. Wow, I feel so much better broseph!

See, it works!

Next lesson, Leaving putss 8 feet short and 8 feet to the right

Michael Collins was on The Golf Channel pregame show today and said he knew players who told him they'd done the same thing on the PGA Tour. When prodded a little bit he said it had been more than 15 years ago.

Ummm, what?

Hmmm, that's interesting. I find it odd that this kind of thing was going on and nobody really knew.

I was skimming when skimming was cool.

a quote that good should not go unrecognized.......

BTW. I liked Garrigus's honesty about his Pot Use. He's right, everything is awesome when you're on it, but afterwards you realize you were just too stupid not to find everything awesome.
And yes I smoked pot back in the day (I did go to college after all)
and No you may not PM me.
:D

That was a very interesting story.. Not sure how I feel about it but I like his honesty.

Tap tap taparoo

Back