There are two... which are you..

jimjc

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
If you were to take a clean sheet of paper...draw a line down the middle and divide the sheet into 2 halves and at the top on the left you put "arm swing " and on the right you put " body swing" you would have the two fundamentally different swings we all fall into...there are only two...

The arm swing that revolves around the swinging of the arms and " the body follows to support the swing"..... and .....The body swing that revolves around the "body moves to put the arms in motion"...

Everyone falls into one of these two "schools" but the key is that we all understand what school we are in....the reason is there is a lot of information out there... some info is for body swingers and some for arm swingers...If you are a body swinger and read something thats intended for a arm swinger it can take you down the path of confusion and do more harm than good...This is why when we try to implement a swing tip that seems to work for others but not for us it`s not that we can`t learn... it`s that the tip is for a totally different type of swing that we can`t identify with and may not realize it...

Both swings are valid and there are people that started in one type of swing when they would be more successful in the other...

What swing do you believe in...it may help some that didn't realize there are two fundamentally different swings...and may clear up some issues regarding the two...

I'd like to think I'm a body swinger but I have a feeling I'm an arm swinger.

I try to be more of a body swinger. I look at it like the club is part of the letter Y where the top part is my arms and I keep it all together with my shoulders and turn back and through. When I get armsy I can get some weird looking stuff going on to include hosel rockets, chunking, and skulling. I am working on keeping my right hand/arm (Grip change) on top of the club which is providing some good solid contact when my body turns through and finishes through the left side.

I too believe I am a body swinger, my back is injured right now and I will get lazy trying to protect the back and then get into the arms mode. Like OG, when I get in that mode some very funky things will begin to happen to the swing and on the golf course funky ain't good.

hmmm i use both :D

Me and the boss are on the same boat. I have been working on rotating my chest through the shot and getting the arms to match up. It will take a few months to get the move correct but it will be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky for me, the Heavy Driver has taught me to use both in unison. That and many years of study and hard work.

Me and the boss are on the same boat. I have been working on rotating my chest through the shot and getting the arms to match up. It will take a few months to get the move correct but it will be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats a body swing.

This question is better suited "How active are your hips and trunk throughout the golf swing?"

You know... it took me years and I mean years to figure this out..of coarse that was decades ago when the info on the swing wasn`t as clear as it is today...or maybe I should say the info isn`t quite crystal clear yet but it`s getting closer...One thing that helped me was to practice swinging with my eyes closed...that one drill helped me feel where everything was coming from and what was happening and what produced the smoothest swing...

I remember doing the 9 to 3 drill [ yes that was a good drill way back ] I really started to feel the lower body working..especially my hips...back and forth again and again without stopping...Jim

I have to go with arm swing. When I start with the body, bad things happen to me, pulls, over the top, slices, etc. My thought for the stroke is turn, swing, turn. Turn to complete the backswing, swing the club down feeling like my back is facing the target, and have the body follow through to the left side to complete the swing.

Definitely an arm-swinger. I'm not even sure what "body swing" means! :sarcastic:

I have an arm swing.

I believe in the body swing, I'm actually trying both right now. Body is exclusively for woods. I'm playing with the body swing on the long irons.

Up until recently though, I was an arms guy with the irons. I toyed with both yesterday. While I get great spin and contact with irons on the body swing, I have way better feel when I swing with my arms on irons, especially short irons. Maybe i can game both, I know I'm going to try this weekend to game both.

I want a body swing but I know my swing is all arms

Tap tap taparoo

arm i think :confused2:

Arm swing. I have trouble with my body movement through the swing, and I'm working on it.

Back