Who gives a crap....

BROCK

Hackshack
Reaction score
Handicap
...what your swing looks like as long as you kick the arse of your opponent.

Isn't the rule of thumb that 80% of the game takes place inside 100 yards anyways?

lol, i agree, and thats where im half decent haha

Isn't the rule of thumb that 80% of the game takes place inside 100 yards anyways?

I think an ugly swing can whup a text book swing any day of the week,,,,, if the six inches between the ears are working correctly :D

I think an ugly swing can whup a text book swing any day of the week,,,,, if the six inches between the ears are working correctly :D

+1 Agreed. Man, Ole Grey do you ever say anything wrong?

There's a guy in my work league who is consistently in the top 5. He aims 45* to the right and has a HUGE over the top motion. Basically he hits a straight pull all the time: Driving, irons, chipping AND PUTTING. I want to say something but he shoots in the mid 70's everyweek and I'm having a hard time just keeping up with the guy. If you can repeat it.......

+1 Agreed. Man, Ole Grey do you ever say anything wrong?

There's a guy in my work league who is consistently in the top 5. He aims 45* to the right and has a HUGE over the top motion. Basically he hits a straight pull all the time: Driving, irons, chipping AND PUTTING. I want to say something but he shoots in the mid 70's everyweek and I'm having a hard time just keeping up with the guy. If you can repeat it.......
I have a buddy who pretty much does the same thing, when he is pulling them straight he scores well, when he begins to overswing and hit them every where it is really much worse than when other folks have an off day, he can hit them waaaaaaay into the trees right.

Yup, can't judge by the way a golfer dresses or by their funky swing but when they strike the ball the secret is out. Some of those homemade swings work very well for the inventor of the swing.

Amen to that. A golf swing is only as pretty as it's results

Tap tap taparoo

Amen! As long as you are consistent and enjoying the game, who cares.

Look at Jim Furyk.....nothing pretty about that swing.

No truer words have been spoken, who cares what it looks like as long as you can score.

It's all about what position you're in at impact and if you can repeat it. I know a head pro who tried playing on the PGA and other tours for years and he plays a huge hook all day. The course he works at is setup perfectly for it too. He takes money off of guys all day, because they see him hitting huge hooks and think he can't control it, but he shoots 70-75 every time out there.

I have what I like to call the "avoid the keg" swing. I am sure you have heard about six pack abs, well I carry a keg. If I had a conventional swing, about 1/3 of the way through it I would hit said keg and never make contact with the ball. Another reason I am the walrus twin.

As someone who scored pretty well with a bad swing for several years, you can get by with it from time to time. However, when it goes bad with a bad swing, it can go really bad. In a one round scenario anyone can win. Over time, give me the good swing and consistency. They will win more than they lose.

Furyk might have a funky looking swing, but it is not a bad swing. He puts the club in a good spot on the way down and hits the ball along the correct path. It's not like he is a local hack who made it big with the bad swing. Unorthodox? Yes. Bad? No.

As a student of the game, I appreciate a good swing when I see it.

However, when I see great short game...I'm mesmerized. Some people can flat out score, and I wish I could do that consistently.

Freddy Jacobson. He's ridiculous from 10 yards in, especially last week when he won.

All that matters is where the club head is at impact. It doesn't matter how it gets there.

As a student of the game, I appreciate a good swing when I see it.

However, when I see great short game...I'm mesmerized. Some people can flat out score, and I wish I could do that consistently.

I agree. When someome has a good shortgame it is definitely fun to watch except for when they are putting the dagger in your heart

I agree. Where would Jim Furyk & Jim Thope be if they couldn't use their ugly swings? Doesn't matter what it looks like as long as you can repeat it and it yields results. Many of the greats had a homegrown swing.

I agree. When someome has a good shortgame it is definitely fun to watch except for when they are putting the dagger in your heart

And it's always the day your hitting every green and fairway and STILL losing money.

just keep me out of the woods and let me do work!

Can you say Jim Furyk

My problem is that i'm awful from 300,400,500 yards out. My wedge shots are the best part of my game. I'll take an awful swing for a straight driver 225-235yds.

You know, I used to spend countless hours trying to get a pretty swing, without truly being concerned with the end results. Lately, however, I have been concerning myself much more with hitting quality shots with the swing I have. Let me tell you, it has made playing so much more enjoyable and successful.

Will someone ever make a documentary on the perfect swing and use me in it? No, unless they are showing what a perfect swing doesn't look like.

Same thing can be said about how far you hit the ball. Doesn't really matter as long as you get GIRs.

I've had people tell me I have an ugly swing. But whats the saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." I'll hit my shots long and straight and let the haters keep slicing the ball into the woods.

Back