TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

They had 5 of them out on the putter rack at Dicks in Springlfield IL last Sunday.

dang man if the stores are already putting these out where the heck is my pre-order lol

Played Iron Valley Golf Club today used my new Ghost Spider again... i had 38 putts today... these greens were the hardest greens i ever played on and ive been playing golf for 15 years. They were very fast. which wasn't the main problem for me. Honestly i usually don't putt well on really fast greens but i kept my lines and distances pretty good today. Reading the greens were almost impossible every time anyone expected break today it went straight and vice versa... by the end of the round we were helping each other read the greens lol.. had 3 3 putts on the front 9 which i wasn't proud of but everyone was 3 putting today.. and i did miss a couple i should have probably made but honestly these greens just got in my head.. anyway ill be getting out hopefully over the weekend somewhere and i know ill be on the practice greens tomorrow getting my confidence back! i still love this putter but today was just discouraging. my confidence has been really good which has helped my putting more than any new putter could do. so back at it practicing tomorrow.

Played Iron Valley Golf Club today used my new Ghost Spider again... i had 38 putts today... these greens were the hardest greens i ever played on and ive been playing golf for 15 years. They were very fast. which wasn't the main problem for me. Honestly i usually don't putt well on really fast greens but i kept my lines and distances pretty good today. Reading the greens were almost impossible every time anyone expected break today it went straight and vice versa... by the end of the round we were helping each other read the greens lol.. had 3 3 putts on the front 9 which i wasn't proud of but everyone was 3 putting today.. and i did miss a couple i should have probably made but honestly these greens just got in my head.. anyway ill be getting out hopefully over the weekend somewhere and i know ill be on the practice greens tomorrow getting my confidence back! i still love this putter but today was just discouraging. my confidence has been really good which has helped my putting more than any new putter could do. so back at it practicing tomorrow.

thanks for the update Buck, your going to fit right in here on THP, multiple updates is always nice and i appreciate it since i dont have my Ghost Spider yet, hopefully by the end of next week it will be here. Dont worry about that round, everybody has those days were the putts dont fall and the greens are very hard to read and fast, nothing you can do about those unless your game is really really on that day

yeah no problem, everyone elses reviews and such have been very helpful... sometimes costly cause i have already bought some stuff i prob didn't need from reading stuff on here, lol But i already think THP is a great site.

Hey 10yard, man I feel ya, my local Dick's has two of them and my buddy the pro there let me roll a few. He said he can't put them out until the 8th. He said stores can get into trouble selling them early. He put the only 34" in the back for me to pick up next Friday!!

The Edwin Watts Golf Shop here in Sarasota, FL had them out for sale today. Talked with the manager there and he said the release date was today? Anyway, they had an entire display set up for it and the whole 9 yards.

I rolled it for about 30 minutes, I liked it, but not sure if it was enough for me to upgrade from my Monza Spider Vicino or not.

Hey 10yard, man I feel ya, my local Dick's has two of them and my buddy the pro there let me roll a few. He said he can't put them out until the 8th. He said stores can get into trouble selling them early. He put the only 34" in the back for me to pick up next Friday!!
its killing me knowing allot of stores have these already hehe
The Edwin Watts Golf Shop here in Sarasota, FL had them out for sale today. Talked with the manager there and he said the release date was today? Anyway, they had an entire display set up for it and the whole 9 yards.

I rolled it for about 30 minutes, I liked it, but not sure if it was enough for me to upgrade from my Monza Spider Vicino or not.

Thats weird, the release date isnt until the 6th of July, maybe the just wanted to make some cash

I've heard that Iron Valley is pretty tough though. Great updates, keep them coming. I'm kinda intrigued to try this club out.

its killing me knowing allot of stores have these already hehe

Thats weird, the release date isnt until the 6th of July, maybe the just wanted to make some cash

Thats the one downside of a pre-order. TaylorMade wont send it out til the release date. On the other hand, some of the Golf Shops get their shipment in and want to be ahead of the game and put them out early to make that extra cash.

played 9 holes chip and putt today bought 4 new TM wedges wanted to work on hitting them more solid and get a better feel for my Spider. thank god i putted well again today 4 1 puts and 5 2 putts all but 1 was within 2 feet on my 2nd putt! so i got most of my confidence back today with it. prob hit the range and putting green tommorow or sunday and playing 18 on monday with some pretty quick greens from what i remember of the course im playing. so that will be another fair test for the putter. today i realized that this putter wants to roll straight longer. it doesn't seem to break as much as the other putters i have used i actually take a little break out of my putts cause it seems this putter just rolls straighter than others. could have just been the greens but time will tell.

played 9 holes chip and putt today bought 4 new TM wedges wanted to work on hitting them more solid and get a better feel for my Spider. thank god i putted well again today 4 1 puts and 5 2 putts all but 1 was within 2 feet on my 2nd putt! so i got most of my confidence back today with it. prob hit the range and putting green tommorow or sunday and playing 18 on monday with some pretty quick greens from what i remember of the course im playing. so that will be another fair test for the putter. today i realized that this putter wants to roll straight longer. it doesn't seem to break as much as the other putters i have used i actually take a little break out of my putts cause it seems this putter just rolls straighter than others. could have just been the greens but time will tell.

What are your thoughts on the Pure Roll insert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I got my ghost spider today. For the guys who have one also, does your sound clicky? Mine is clicky, a lot more than the pure roll insert TM880 that I have.

So I got my ghost spider today. For the guys who have one also, does your sound clicky? Mine is clicky, a lot more than the pure roll insert TM880 that I have.

I rolled one for a while at the store. As I said, something about it didn't feel right. Like you said, it felt clicky to me.

I love the pure roll on the Corza Ghost, but on the Spider, the AGSI insert feels much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the pure roll insert. it is firmer than the AGSI insert so if youre looking for a softer insert this prob isn't the putter for you. But i think the pure roll does roll better than the AGSI. i don't know the science behind the 2 but i have rolled both and they are different even though you'd think they would be close to each other. There is a difference that you will feel between them. As of the Clickyness of the putter i know what youre talking about mines doesn't exactly click but any of the new ghost series i feel make that sound when you hit them. i have putted with the Ghost 770 the fontana a lot in the stores cause i was gonna buy one and i feel like its the same with all the pure roll inserts. i have noticed a lot with the weighting system too on the Spider recently, using my iping app that i keep the face more consistently square at impact than with my other putters in the past. Also i wanted to let everyone know that i played another 18 last night at the local Mini Golf course i played the Castle course which is way more difficult than the farm course and i had 4 holes in 1 and only 3 putted 1 of the holes! and yes i used my new putter!!!!!View attachment 2918

BuckJob thats awesome..you probably looked like a mini-golf pro out there with the Spider

That's some great putting.. Do they have mini-golf championships?

Tap tap taparoo

i got a few looks from some of the kids playing but it was probably just jealousy! i dunno about the championships might be something to look into if i don't make it to the pga in the next few years! lol

where did you get it?

Had 2 left yesterday after I bought mine

Had 2 left yesterday after I bought mine

darn, probably gone by now, was thinking about making the trip to roll a few putts with it lol, wonder why Dennis and Patty havent got theirs in yet, seems like every place has them already

darn, probably gone by now, was thinking about making the trip to roll a few putts with it lol, wonder why Dennis and Patty havent got theirs in yet, seems like every place has them already

Give the Dick's up of of 86th a call. That one may be closer to you. They might have some. It's worth the trip, it rolls nice

Give the Dick's up of of 86th a call. That one may be closer to you. They might have some. It's worth the trip, it rolls nice

im gonna give the one in noblesville a call first then i will call the one on 86th, im just gonna stop pre-ordering stuff since its never here before the stores put them out, can always get one in stores before a preorder arrives and its annoying hehe, i think they should send preorders a week earlyer than the release date

im gonna give the one in noblesville a call first then i will call the one on 86th, im just gonna stop pre-ordering stuff since its never here before the stores put them out, can always get one in stores before a preorder arrives and its annoying hehe, i think they should send preorders a week earlyer than the release date

Did you find one?

Back