The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were a couple posts yesterday about the quick rain showers that happen almost daily in FL. What do you high heat guys suggest as far as rain gear. I have a black pair of Adidas ClimaCool pants that now fit, but what about a top? Do you go with the short sleeve variety? I think I can find a big enough short sleeve Adidas top.

Also, my daughter will be playing some high school tournaments in August. She's going to need some rain gear. What do you Team Hackers members suggest for a rain bottom that fits comfortably over skirts?

Kevin
I prefer the short sleeve variety, if that's not doing the job and it's raining too much after that point, I am seeking shelter. I have black pants and and long sleeve black jacket, also a short sleeve white and black jacket. I also have a bucket hat and rain gloves.

I prefer the short sleeve variety, if that's not doing the job and it's raining too much after that point, I am seeking shelter. I have black pants and and long sleeve black jacket, also a short sleeve white and black jacket. I also have a bucket hat and rain gloves.

That all just sounds ludicrous to me. Its just rain people, walk it off.

I missed an awful lot in the last few days here. The videos have been friken hilarious, keep them coming!

Quick update... I won my match 3&2 with a 20ft birdie putt. Wooo hooo

Tappin the keg!

Nice man, great work out there.

I missed an awful lot in the last few days here. The videos have been friken hilarious, keep them coming!

I know, I caught up last night and it took an hour, doesn't pay to snooze too long on this thread or you will get so far behind it will take several hours to catch up.

Quick update... I won my match 3&2 with a 20ft birdie putt. Wooo hooo

Tappin the keg!

You Da Man!!! Nice going rbelbin. Very nice.

Nice going Belbs!

Sent from my Tapatalk App

RBelbin is going to be a man to reckon with in this event. Mark my words. This dude is practicing a lot, but more importantly he playing a ton of golf. After a couple more heavy range sessions with the wedges and the woods, that's my plan. Time to get on the golf course and score with the skills you have. I'll pound some balls again when the irons come, but then back out on the course. From testing various irons, the set I have in mind is not going to be a big transition from my Tour Burners i don't think.

Didn't make it to the course today because I needed to do some work I let slide yesterday. I like golf better than work.

A lot better.

Kevin

RBelbin is going to be a man to reckon with in this event. Mark my words. This dude is practicing a lot, but more importantly he playing a ton of golf. After a couple more heavy range sessions with the wedges and the woods, that's my plan. Time to get on the golf course and score with the skills you have. I'll pound some balls again when the irons come, but then back out on the course. From testing various irons, the set I have in mind is not going to be a big transition from my Tour Burners i don't think.

Didn't make it to the course today because I needed to do some work I let slide yesterday. I like golf better than work.

A lot better.

Kevin

I hope so, I wanna play someone at their very best. Just makes victory that much sweeter!

Ok I am home now and will post more about my match... and round.
Opponent shot 72, I shot 75. I won on the 16th hole after draining a 20ft birdie putt. He missed his 15ft putt, and match was done.
I hit 7/13 fw's (and on 2 holes I went through the FW), I hit 14/18 greens, and had 34 putts (not bad for 14 GIRS, still had 2*3 putts).

I was actually -3 (score) for the back 9 on the 17th tee, and proceeded to make a double. Oh well match was already over at this point.

After 6 holes I was -1 (in the match). After 9 holes I was +1 (hole), I birdied 12 and 13 to go to +3 (holes), parred 14 (to lose the hole), halved 15 and won 16 for 3&2 victory.

All in all a great day. When I get that driver dialed in, I am going to be dangerous!

RB

Opponent shot 72, I shot 75. I won on the 16th hole after draining a 20ft birdie putt. He missed his 15ft putt, and match was done.
I hit 7/13 fw's (and on 2 holes I went through the FW), I hit 14/18 greens, and had 34 putts (not bad for 14 GIRS, still had 2*3 putts).

I was actually -3 (score) for the back 9 on the 17th tee, and proceeded to make a double. Oh well match was already over at this point.

After 6 holes I was -1 (in the match). After 9 holes I was +1 (hole), I birdied 12 and 13 to go to +3 (holes), parred 14 (to lose the hole), halved 15 and won 16 for 3&2 victory.

All in all a great day. When I get that driver dialed in, I am going to be dangerous!

RB
Good stuff right there belbin. Game is really coming together. Congrats on the win!

RB

i think you need to update your handicap in your sig lol, great shooting dude

RB

belbin, that's an awesome round right now, sounds like your game is really rounding into shape. I don't know what I'd do if I ever had a round with 14/18 greens, that's tour level right there.

Great video belbin....very entertaining. Congrats on the win as well...sounds like you're playing well.

Look at us, we sneaky Paradisians managed to get some video from inside the OEM Kevin Compound.

I just returned from another Morgan Cup preparatory round. I shot 74 today (+2) with 3 birdies and 5 bogies. 39 (+3) on the front with 4 3-jacks (greens were playing around 12, but it was more a lack of concentration than anything). 35 (-1) on the back was a much better showing. The game is coming around and I'm loving my Callaway Razr X Forged irons. I'm really gaining the confidence to go at flags as I'm beginning to dial in my distance control and ball flight.

I just returned from another Morgan Cup preparatory round. I shot 74 today (+2) with 3 birdies and 5 bogies. 39 (+3) on the front with 4 3-jacks (greens were playing around 12, but it was more a lack of concentration than anything). 35 (-1) on the back was a much better showing. The game is coming around and I'm loving my Callaway Razr X Forged irons. I'm really gaining the confidence to go at flags as I'm beginning to dial in my distance control and ball flight.

Thats some great shooting there buddy! I don't know how on earth you shot a 39 on the front with 4 3jacks, but thats a hell of a score man.

Thats some great shooting there buddy! I don't know how on earth you shot a 39 on the front with 4 3jacks, but thats a hell of a score man.

Haha...thanks CB! Two of the 3-putts were for pars...one on a par 4 that I knocked it on the green off the tee and another on a par 5 that I reached in two. 3 putt pars are almost more frustrating than 3 putt bogeys. Oh well, pleased with my ball striking on the day.

Got out to play today. Took some videos with the irons and putter. I played alright, my short game was good. I think this video kind of sums up my round pretty well.

Thats a very good round of golf Ddec, having a putt for birdie on 18 to break 80 is a tough one to make man. Good stuff man keep it up out there.

Nice approach ddec.. That's a lot of pressure on that 1 putt.. Tough break but 80 is a good round

Tap tap taparoo

Great round AHA! I'm looking forward to seeing you play in August. Hopefully I can learn a little something.

Got out to play today. Took some videos with the irons and putter. I played alright, my short game was good. I think this video kind of sums up my round pretty well.

Nice round/vid Ddec. That didn't really look like a lot of trees, though. These are trees....
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNjI1LTAwMDM5LmpwZw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back