kai'li feeling hollow?

AK jr.

d2 college player
Reaction score
Handicap
i've always considered myself a little on the techy side, but i only know so much. right now im playing the kai'li 60x in my driver and bombing it, loving the feel too. remember that this is the r11 graphic kai'li, not the navy blue flowerband. likewise, i play the 70x in my 3 wood, also the r11 graphic. whats weird is that the driver feels like money but the 3 wood feels more hollow. i haven't flushed one lately but i remember playing a matrix code 8 for a while and the feel felt so much more solid and flush than the 3 wood kai'li which just feels real light/hollow. i also enjoy the trajectory, so any mid launch/lowish spin shafts options are appreciated. any idea's?

You might want to try the Diamana White in your 3wood buddy. It's a tad bit heavier and should give you the launch characteristics you're looking for. I much prefer a bit more weight in my 3woods. I don't know for sure why it just works better for me.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

You might want to try the Diamana White in your 3wood buddy. It's a tad bit heavier and should give you the launch characteristics you're looking for. I much prefer a bit more weight in my 3woods. I don't know for sure why it just works better for me.

The new generationof the whiteboard is the ahina

The new generationof the whiteboard is the ahina

Thanks doc....he could try that too, lol

I just ordered my razr hawk 3wood with the diamana white (I guess the older one)

Welcome back, AK! TC will steer you right.

I just ordered my razr hawk 3wood with the diamana white (I guess the older one)

Eh? I thought you didn't have any luck with Diamana shafts previously

Ak: The other option might be to look at the Kai'li in the 80 instead of the 70. The Ahina will drop the flight if that's what you want but the flex profile is quite different. Also having TM graphics on the shaft doesn't matter. The TM TP shafts are the real deal just with their paint scheme on them

Welcome back, AK! TC will steer you right.

thanks brother. trying to keep the original 50 members alive haha.

@ tuna. i agree with your idea about the weight change. i came from a 95g v2 so i am no stranger to heavy fairways. about the graphics, i thought they were the same too until i compared the specs of both. the graphics shafts are lighter and have less torque. this could be contributing to the weird feel of the 70x

@ tuna. i agree with your idea about the weight change. i came from a 95g v2 so i am no stranger to heavy fairways. about the graphics, i thought they were the same too until i compared the specs of both. the graphics shafts are lighter and have less torque. this could be contributing to the weird feel of the 70x

I'd say rocking up the weight would be the best option for you then if you want to stay with the Kai'li.

The torque and and weight are different because TM is giving you the finished shaft stats where as the numbers from Diamana are the raw numbers before any trimming or tip installation

oh ok cool, that makes sense though

Back