Yonex EZONE Hybrid - Forum Testing Review

Nice looking hybrid, can't wait to hear how you hit it

I now tap while I talk

Extremely jealous. This thing looks sweet. Can't wait to read the reviews.

Well my wife came in the room to deliver the box that arrived....
2011_0701yankees0040.jpg

Want to know what is inside?

2011_0701yankees0042.jpg
[/IMG]

Yes it is Yonex 3 Hybrid.
Now I just wanted to add some different pictures so you guys wouldn't just breeze by. So forgive me if the look is a bit off the norm. That is on Purpose.

2011_0701yankees0043.jpg
[/IMG]

2011_0701yankees0041.jpg

I will add more pictures throughout the testing process. Just want to do different kinds of shots for you guys.

Anyway my 1st impression.
Well I started by opening the box the wrong side. So I proceeded to turn it around and open from other side. I have to tell you this has to be the best boxed club I have ever received. When I opened I was greeted by the nicely wrapped head of club. I carefully removed it from box. Then out came a wonderful looking Head cover . Man it is so sweet. I Personally have never seen a cover like that. It is unique and great looking. Great combo for a Head cover. Then out came a booklet that contains all kinds of information on all the clubs and new technology that comes with their new line up . I will definitely be reading all this info tonight.
Upon removing the protective wrappings from club. I unveiled such a beautifully made club. It truly is gorgeous. No not because I'm lucky enough to test this club. First I striped her of her protective cover on the head to expose beauty. Then I worked my way up caressing her amazingly colored shaft.Only to undress her grip. I couldn't believe the beauty under that protective cover. For a stock Grip it's a beauty. Honestly The pictures do not compliment this club at all. I have no idea what this club hybrid cost. I would take a wild guess $250.00 +. I can tell you I am going to look it up after I write this intro.
Well as I end my Intro I have to write that I am truly admiring the look of this club as I think most people will also. If it performs any where as good as it looks I will have a priceless Gem in my hands. I can't wait to get to play this Hybrid. I will be posting her photos when she reaches her new private compartment in My bag. In ending I would Like to extend my Thanks and appreciation for this opportunity in Testing this Hybrid to Yonex & THP...

pheeeew- wcueb923- I feel like I need a cigarette after reading the post hahahaahhaa

That is a serious looking hybrid right there. Excellent pics, guys.

pheeeew- wcueb923- I feel like I need a cigarette after reading the post hahahaahhaa

I am so glad that you caught that. I want to be different & make it pop. Your comment is exactly what I was looking for... Thanks.

I am so glad that you caught that. I want to be different & make it pop. Your comment is exactly what I was looking for... Thanks.

No it is I who should be thanking you.....(flicking the ash of the cigarette into the ashtray...) hahhhaaahha

Well my wife came in the room to deliver the box that arrived....
2011_0701yankees0040.jpg

Want to know what is inside?

2011_0701yankees0042.jpg
[/IMG]

Yes it is Yonex 3 Hybrid.
Now I just wanted to add some different pictures so you guys wouldn't just breeze by. So forgive me if the look is a bit off the norm. That is on Purpose.

2011_0701yankees0043.jpg
[/IMG]

2011_0701yankees0041.jpg

I will add more pictures throughout the testing process. Just want to do different kinds of shots for you guys.

Anyway my 1st impression.
Well I started by opening the box the wrong side. So I proceeded to turn it around and open from other side. I have to tell you this has to be the best boxed club I have ever received. When I opened I was greeted by the nicely wrapped head of club. I carefully removed it from box. Then out came a wonderful looking Head cover . Man it is so sweet. I Personally have never seen a cover like that. It is unique and great looking. Great combo for a Head cover. Then out came a booklet that contains all kinds of information on all the clubs and new technology that comes with their new line up . I will definitely be reading all this info tonight.
Upon removing the protective wrappings from club. I unveiled such a beautifully made club. It truly is gorgeous. No not because I'm lucky enough to test this club. First I striped her of her protective cover on the head to expose beauty. Then I worked my way up caressing her amazingly colored shaft.Only to undress her grip. I couldn't believe the beauty under that protective cover. For a stock Grip it's a beauty. Honestly The pictures do not compliment this club at all. I have no idea what this club hybrid cost. I would take a wild guess $250.00 +. I can tell you I am going to look it up after I write this intro.
Well as I end my Intro I have to write that I am truly admiring the look of this club as I think most people will also. If it performs any where as good as it looks I will have a priceless Gem in my hands. I can't wait to get to play this Hybrid. I will be posting her photos when she reaches her new private compartment in My bag. In ending I would Like to extend my Thanks and appreciation for this opportunity in Testing this Hybrid to Yonex & THP...

I like that you took pictures out of the norm. It is a pretty club. That shaft looks tuff!!

Great pics everyone, I know this club had alot of buzz at the outing, I look forwrd to hearing all the testers thoughts going forward.

OK everyone, now get 'em out to the course/range. Great pics so far, and the initial thoughts are superb.

Great pics guys, looking forward to hearing your thoughts after you have hit it

I can't wait to see what people start to post about this hybrid after they've hit it....such a great club!

I believe the company said based on tracking that all 5 testers had their club delivered.

I'm sorry not to have a post up yet. But JB, I haven't been delivered my club yet. I don't know about the tracking could you have them check again. I rushed home after work hoping to see it there, but I wasn't lucky enough to have it. I was hoping to start testing it this weekend.

It was an error on my end. They listed the info and it appears that all have been delivered except Bullfrogs. Yours will be delivered on the 5th.

Thanks for checking into that for me. I get to wait patiently over a 3 day weekend.... Yippeee... LOL Just kidding. I appreciate that I was chosen to test the club!

Yeah, this club definitely looks like a beast. I love to see quality stuff from different manufacturers and this club seems to have generated quite a bit of buzz.

The color on that grips looks AWESOME! Looking forward to reading everyones thoughts.

Had my first range session with this hybrid today. I started out by warming up with my clubs and after about 20 swings, I gave this beauty a try. My first swing was nice and easy and I poked it straight as an arrow out to about 240. With my Nike Sumo hybrid of the same loft, I usually got about 230 or 235 yards, so this was a little improvement. I wish I could say that things stayed great, but everything after that frist hit with this club was a hook. I was puzzled because I usually have one hook every 2 or 3 rounds. My miss 99% of the time is a slice, but today I hooked about 25 out of 30 shots with this hybrid. I tried playing it like an iron, sweeping like a fairway wood, and teeing it up, but everything was a hook of 20-30 yards. The club felt great, but I can't seem to figure out why the face was closing so fast causing me to hook all my shots.
Not everything was bad though. At address, this club screams "hit me far". Distance is no problem with this, and as I said I could get it out to about 240. My ballflight was medium to high, which is what I would expect from a 19* club. From what I could tell on the range, the ball seemed to land softly, but I will confirm that in my course testing. Forgiveness is a strength of this club. Even though I was hooking a good 20-30 yards, I wasn't losing a ton of distance. I would say 15 yards max. I hit some balls off the the heel and toe, and although you can tell it is not a sweet spot strike, it is not at all harsh. The shaft I chose for this was a stiff flex, and it feels very sturdy. Not at all whippy and is a good compliment to this hybrid head.

In my next testing session with this club I will be playing on a course so I will get a chance to hit from all types of lies and rough thickness. I really hope I can get this hook thing figured out.

Had my first range session with this hybrid today. I started out by warming up with my clubs and after about 20 swings, I gave this beauty a try. My first swing was nice and easy and I poked it straight as an arrow out to about 240. With my Nike Sumo hybrid of the same loft, I usually got about 230 or 235 yards, so this was a little improvement. I wish I could say that things stayed great, but everything after that frist hit with this club was a hook. I was puzzled because I usually have one hook every 2 or 3 rounds. My miss 99% of the time is a slice, but today I hooked about 25 out of 30 shots with this hybrid. I tried playing it like an iron, sweeping like a fairway wood, and teeing it up, but everything was a hook of 20-30 yards. The club felt great, but I can't seem to figure out why the face was closing so fast causing me to hook all my shots.
Not everything was bad though. At address, this club screams "hit me far". Distance is no problem with this, and as I said I could get it out to about 240. My ballflight was medium to high, which is what I would expect from a 19* club. From what I could tell on the range, the ball seemed to land softly, but I will confirm that in my course testing. Forgiveness is a strength of this club. Even though I was hooking a good 20-30 yards, I wasn't losing a ton of distance. I would say 15 yards max. I hit some balls off the the heel and toe, and although you can tell it is not a sweet spot strike, it is not at all harsh. The shaft I chose for this was a stiff flex, and it feels very sturdy. Not at all whippy and is a good compliment to this hybrid head.

In my next testing session with this club I will be playing on a course so I will get a chance to hit from all types of lies and rough thickness. I really hope I can get this hook thing figured out.

nice write up! hope you get it figured out and that 240 lands softly on greens!

First off, thank you very much Yonex and THP for letting me test this wonderful club.

I received my Yonex EZONE hybrid yesterday afternoon. I finally picked it up this morning from my apartment complex office.

Initial impressions:

After picking up the box, I noticed that the club seemed to be shaking around just a bit in the box. However, this didn't seem to be a big concern.

After taking it out of the box, I was really impressed with the looks of the hybrid. It has a very "clean" look from the top and a simple look from the bottom. I also noticed that it seemed to weigh a bit more than my current hybrid (Mashie M4). I will have to see how this effects everything when I am able to swing it. I didn't know before this that Yonex used a Golf Pride grip but was pleasantly surprised when I found this gem. I took a couple of dry swings out in the back yard and was pleased with the firmness of the shaft. I didn't feel like it was having any problems with whipping.

Here are some pictures of the unboxing and looks comparison to the Mashie:

S59bu.jpg

4yAjy.jpg

xkoHn.jpg

2nf9J.jpg

J60jq.jpg

Here it is next to the 2.0's!

wXXdT.jpg

Mashie is a bit dirty, I played with it yesterday.

HaYny.jpg

6T1jS.jpg

DEgTY.jpg

I'm not quite sure why the second and third pictures are showing up upside down. I tried to rotate them but to no success, I apologize for any sore necks while trying to look at them!

I should be able to get out monday and do some course testing. I can't wait!

Great pics and initial thoughts so far guys, jt I really hope you figure out the hook quickly and bullfrog I don't envy you having to wait out the delivery over the week end. Looking forward to checking out the reviews as they come.

I took the Ezone out for a little practice session after dinner this evening. The range was packed but I managed to find a spot to give it a run. I warmed up with my 56*, Tour Striker and 7 Iron. Once I felt like my swing was where it needed to be, I pulled the club from my bag. I immediately noticed that the club was shorter than my 18* that I have had in my bag for the past 6 or 7 years. My hybrids are the only clubs in my bag that have not been changed during that time. I have yet to find a hybrid that could take the place of the two in my bag. That is until now....

Even though the club is shorter than I am used too, it still gave me confidence that I could be very agressive with it. I pulled out 30 balls just for the EZONE. I started hitting of the ground first. I placed the first ball off my left heal and set up to hit a high draw. Boom....the ball jumped off the face of the club. More importantly I can't remember a time my current hybrid got through the hitting zone so quickly. I mean I made what I thought was an easy pass and it whiped through the zone. #2 ball was the exact same as the first, a high easy draw that planed out and fell softly to the left. It was easly traveling 240 with very little effort. I moved the ball to the middle of my stance and held the face through impact to hit a fade. The club delivered what I asked, very little movement left to right, high fade. I hit a few more of the same and then I wanted to see what it could do off a tee.
I pulled my first two shots off a tee about 20 yards left of my intended target. ( I hate this miss with all that I am) I really concentrated on swinging down the line and allowing the club to release. My next three off the tee were pure, Mid to high right to left ball flight. I wanted to see how it compared to my current hybrid so I hit a few with my old standard and the ball flight was low/mid, boring ball flight with some run on the end. I went back to the EZONE and hit a few more. I love the way the ball would hit it's apex and just fall out of the sky. These were not moon balls but bullets that got out into space rapidly.

You always hear people say the ball jumps off the face. Well I am now one of those people!! I am not sure if this is due to the newness of the club or it's design but the ball jumped off the face. Mind you I was hitting range balls and they felt good coming off the face. The feed back I was getting through the shaft was great. The few times I missed my mark I could feel it, but even the mis-hits still had some distance and were not too far off my line. But there was a huge difference between the sweet spot and the toe of the club. The responsiveness was similar to a long iron.

I placed a few balls in some divots I had made while warming up. The first few were in the front of the divot and I failed to get them up and out. The thrid jumped out of the divot with a low/mid ball flight that carried over the 200 yard marker with a slight draw. I then setup to hit a high draw from the divot...I got a high straight ball that flew for ever. The control and distance I experienced during this range session was far better than I expected. It is not often that you hit a club and it perfrorms out of the box. I mean I asked for a stiff shaft and 19* head, that is what I got. No other specs were shared. But the club performed as if it has been in my bag the entire time. I can't wait to play a round with this and hit some shots in the heat of a round.

After this first range session I am very pleased with the results.

Back