2011 AT&T National [SPOILERS]

This just in: Lee Westwood Rickie Fowler took Sunday off again.

That sucks too, I would have liked to have seen him win.

Me too, I gotta say him wearing orange is getting synonymous with him giving away tourneys.

Geez Rickie did not even tease us unless somebody was running a "how quickly can Rickie give up the lead" pool.

Tiger's flavor saver looks stupid.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

The Choi swings is pretty crazy.. The way he starts right and then comes over the top from his 3/4 to full is almost mind boggling.

Yup.....but he always puts a square club face on the ball and that's the most important thing.

Yup.....but he always puts a square club face on the ball and that's the most important thing.

<<<<<Wishes he could do that more often.

Watney was solid, good win and I too felt sorry for Fowler tanking so early.

haha Rickie's orange is fading.. Weird look..

I think young Fowler needs to change his outfit for Sunday. Come out with something like maybe a red shirt with black pants and start the round with a loud growl :golf2:..

I agree with Fowler wearing something different on Sunday, maybe something that simple would get him "out of his head". He has a horrible final round scoring record and needs to do something to change things up.

I think Rickie needs to figure out how to play on Sunday. It looked to me like he just picked up his caddie and his clubs and went out to play. While I certainly do not know what it takes to bring home a PGA tour trophy on Sunday the formula can't be just pick up the clubs and play like it is Thursday or Friday. Low and behold before he even figured out what he was in, he was out and that was that. At that point it was not clear that Whatney would be the winner. It was however clear that Fowler was not going to be the winner.

I think I remember hearing that Jack had a long talk with Rory about all things golf when at Jack's tourney. While Rory looks more to me like Jack's kind of guy than Rickie is, It would not hurt for Jack to help Rickie along as well.

While I certainly do not know what it takes to bring home a PGA tour trophy on Sunday the formula can't be just pick up the clubs and play like it is Thursday or Friday.

Well, you should keep the pressure-level as if it was thursday or friday. The whole "this shot is no different than any other shot I've hit"-bit. That's the hard part and that's why winning is hard.

Well, you should keep the pressure-level as if it was thursday or friday. The whole "this shot is no different than any other shot I've hit"-bit. That's the hard part and that's why winning is hard.

This is true. Is it possible that Rickie's outfit actually works against him? When he puts that on, he subconsciously puts himself under pressure? That wouldn't be a good start.

Great 66 for Watney to win. He has showed up a couple of times this season then!

JB do you have WITB for Watney?

JB do you have WITB for Watney?

Sure. It is coming on the home page this afternoon as well.

DRIVER: Titleist 910D3 10.5*
FAIRWAY WOOD: Titleist 910F 15*
HYBRID: Titleist 910H 21*
IRONS: Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW
WEDGES: Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled 54 and 60
PUTTER: Scotty Cameron for Titleist Studio Select Fastback
BALL: Titleist Pro V1x

Over the last year or so I have slowly liked Titlieist less and less, just haven't been a big fan of their equipment for a while other than their wedges...however it seems that a lot of the Titleist players are making a quick switch to the 712 irons so it will be interesting to see how well they perform. IMO Titleist needs to really bring it this year in the iron department...

Over the last year or so I have slowly liked Titlieist less and less, just haven't been a big fan of their equipment for a while other than their wedges...however it seems that a lot of the Titleist players are making a quick switch to the 712 irons so it will be interesting to see how well they perform. IMO Titleist needs to really bring it this year in the iron department...

Ingolfer,

While I dont play Titleist a few of my friends who are good golfers have said the same thing. I have a friend who plays to about a 3 hcp and he said he is tired of Titleist and their offerings lately so your not alone

Hey all, just wanted to give an update on my trip to Newtown Square for the AT&T National. Being my first PGA event I have attended I went in feeling overwhelmed but let me tell you what, it turned out to be an amazing time! The golf course was beautiful! The fans were courteous, the play was amazing! I had the opportunity to follow Watney, Choi and Fowler on Sunday so talk about some high class golf. I was a little disappointed to see Fowler's fall from grace, but Choi and Watney made up for it. Let me tell you what, Nick Watney is a class act, not afraid to talk to the fans, and always looks like he's having a good time. His tee shot on the 12th hit a guy in the head and bounced back into the fairway right next to me, and he made sure to thank the fan and also signed a glove for him. I also made it on TV standing behind Watney (see profile picture) Overall, just a great time, would LOVE to hack around that course myself, but it's just too beautiful! :)

Congrats to Nick Watney, what a great win for him.

I hope young Fowler realizes these are 72 hole events and not 54 hole exhibitions. He looked like one of those Miracle-Gro Pumpkins. I think he'd look better in a garden than falling like a house of cards on Sunday afternoon.

Fotolia_9817522_Subscription_L_3.jpg

Hey all, just wanted to give an update on my trip to Newtown Square for the AT&T National. Being my first PGA event I have attended I went in feeling overwhelmed but let me tell you what, it turned out to be an amazing time! The golf course was beautiful! The fans were courteous, the play was amazing! I had the opportunity to follow Watney, Choi and Fowler on Sunday so talk about some high class golf. I was a little disappointed to see Fowler's fall from grace, but Choi and Watney made up for it. Let me tell you what, Nick Watney is a class act, not afraid to talk to the fans, and always looks like he's having a good time. His tee shot on the 12th hit a guy in the head and bounced back into the fairway right next to me, and he made sure to thank the fan and also signed a glove for him. I also made it on TV standing behind Watney (see profile picture) Overall, just a great time, would LOVE to hack around that course myself, but it's just too beautiful! :)

Glad to hear you had a great time. I bet it also helped that Watney wore some Syracuse Orange. :D

Sure. It is coming on the home page this afternoon as well.

DRIVER: Titleist 910D3 10.5*
FAIRWAY WOOD: Titleist 910F 15*
HYBRID: Titleist 910H 21*
IRONS: Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW
WEDGES: Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled 54 and 60
PUTTER: Scotty Cameron for Titleist Studio Select Fastback
BALL: Titleist Pro V1x

Wow a win right out of the gate for the new Titleist irons. Should see a commercial or 2 touting that

Wow a win right out of the gate for the new Titleist irons. Should see a commercial or 2 touting that

yeah, and Vokey wedges. That guy is serious!

All serious golfers have the 910 drivers in their bag.

All serious golfers have the 910 drivers in their bag.

Dang, I need to step my game up!

As for Fowler, I was kinda sad to see him fold like that though the way Watney was putting out of his gourd there wasn't much he could have done save shoot par and tip your cap to Watney. But the way he played Saturday I thought for sure this was his best opportunity this year without a doubt.

I agree he needs to find a new look for sundays now, the Orange albeit a very mental thing could be in his head... or at least something telling him its Sunday so lets not finish is.

Back