Women's World Cup Soccer (Spoilers)

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
England and Mexico tie 1-1. U.S. plays North Korea tomorrow (Tuesday).

U.S. Women beat North Korea 2-0 yesterday. They said the U.S. has never finished worse than 3rd in their 5 previous World Cups?

U.S. Women beat North Korea 2-0 yesterday. They said the U.S. has never finished worse than 3rd in their 5 previous World Cups?

Why the question mark?

Watching the Japan-Mexico World Cup game on DVR.

Question: How can there be a nutmeg in Women's soccer? haha

The U.S. Women's National team has some very good looking women on it. I really like female athletes.

Haven't gotten a good look at Sweden's team, but I bet most of theirs are lookers.

The ref needs to take control of the Australia-Eq.Guinea game. There's could be a fight soon. I love the tough girls. (Watching on DVR)

Can't believe Japan won their first two games the way they are playing against England (finally watching this game from today on DVR). The keeper is having a bad game.

Can't believe the U.S. lost to Sweden in Group play. First loss ever in Group for the U.S. And now they face Brazil on Saturday in the quarters. I suppose Brazil is also thinking, "Crap, we gotta play the Americans on Saturday."

Can't believe the U.S. lost to Sweden in Group play. First loss ever in Group for the U.S. And now they face Brazil on Saturday in the quarters. I suppose Brazil is also thinking, "Crap, we gotta play the Americans on Saturday."

Yeah, the girls are getting a lot of media covering over here. Didn´t catch the game myself, but from what I read they worked their butts off against the American team. Tough game VS Brazil for you guys.

Yeah, the girls are getting a lot of media covering over here. Didn´t catch the game myself, but from what I read they worked their butts off against the American team. Tough game VS Brazil for you guys.

They outplayed the U.S. for sure, but their goals came from a penalty kick (which snapped Hope Solo's 781 minute goaless streak) and a free kick which came off a U.S. player and went the other way than Solo was going had the player not gotten in the way. That's the way it goes sometimes.

They outplayed the U.S. for sure, but their goals came from a penalty kick (which snapped Hope Solo's 781 minute goaless streak) and a free kick which came off a U.S. player and went the other way than Solo was going had the player not gotten in the way. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Fairs Fair, the US goal came off the players shoulder, she wasn't even looking at the ball.
Sweden played well and ran their socks off. Plus they had a legitimate goal ruled out incorrectly for offside.

France beats England 4-3 in penalty kicks. Jacqui is bummin'.

USA beats the refs and Brazil 5-3 in PK on the way to the semis of the World Cup.

Women's World Cup Soccer (Spoilers)

Anybody see the USA v. Brazil soccer game today. How crazy was that, probably one of the greatest soccer games in a long time. That goal in extra time of over time was insane. Anyway just curious as to if anybody else was enjoying the W today.

May want to put a spoiler tag on this in case someone has it on DVR and has not watched yet. Great game though!

Done. Did some moving as well.

Great match, awesome finish for the USA! I think that Marta should have been awarded the PK in the second half but it didn't deserve a red card on the US defender. However, playing over 45 minutes with only 10 players and still coming out with the win was amazing. Some people on here may not care about this at all, but I loved watching the entire match.

They (the US) played hard and were rewarded in the end. I think the ref knew she was too harsh and added extra stoppage time as a result. Turns out, the extra time was great for the US. Exciting stuff.

Great match, awesome finish for the USA! I think that Marta should have been awarded the PK in the second half but it didn't deserve a red card on the US defender. However, playing over 45 minutes with only 10 players and still coming out with the win was amazing. Some people on here may not care about this at all, but I loved watching the entire match.

I think most of the extra stoppage time at the very end was because of the Brazilian who faked getting hurt, was taken off on a stretcher and hopped off the stretcher and took off running. That was about 4 or 5 minutes of wasted time right there.

Did anyone notice the Brazialian Keeper moving off the line on almost every PK the U.S. took?

I was watching with my son and was wondering about the keeper and the line. The one she blocked got called back but she left the line every time. I wonder if the ref would have dared call it again if she would have stopped another. By the way Hope Solo did not leave the line. She did move laterally but that is legal.

That was an amazing game. All I am going to say about the refs is that they were subpar for that level of competition.

The US Ladies were the best team on that field. They deserved their win even if it took longer than expected.

Back