River Hall Country Club - Alva, Florida

biggsy

Reaction score
I have been a member at River Hall for about 2 1/2 years. It's a course that I've enjoyed playing over and over again. In my opinion it has the best practice facility in the area and is reasonable to play all year around.

It has an good sized clubhouse with a good selection of clubs and clothing in the pro shop. The restaurant turns out a variety of soups, sandwiches, salads as well as a full dinner menu with nightly specials. They also feature a full bar and several beers on tap. They also have some of the best chicken wings in the area. Come in after a round or sit at the bar and watch a game.

The Locker Rooms have about 75 full-sized lockers as well as shower and bathroom facilities.

http://www.hamptongolfclubs.com/?site=rh&page=default

The course opened in 2007 and this was Davis Love III's first signature course in the Florida market.

Highlights:

Access: Semi-Private
Architect: Davis Love, III
Par: 72
Tees: 419 Bermudagrass
Fairways: 419 Bermudagrass
Greens: Tif-Eagle
Bunkers: Fine White Sugar Sand
Spike Policy: Mandatory Soft Spikes
Walking: Members Only
Membership: Residents and Limited Non-Residents
Practice Range: Full Drive Range with Short Game Center

Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday.

Entrance to the Olde Florida / Cottage style clubhouse

4c650e3a-c9b1-3375.jpg

Couple shots of the range first thing in the morning.

4c650e3a-c9f1-9283.jpg

4c650e3a-ca1f-5984.jpg

One part of the practice facility

4c650e3a-ca3a-fbe0.jpg

#5 Par 3 over water

4c650e3a-cab7-b49f.jpg

4c650e3a-caef-36ad.jpg

#6 par 5 approach

4c650e3a-cb02-f91c.jpg

4c650e3a-cb34-1104.jpg

#10 par 4 tee shot

4c650e3a-cb54-cb91.jpg

#13 par 5 approach

4c650e3a-cb7f-aabf.jpg

After 13, one of the highlights of a round are the iced mango scented towels. It will make any round better!

4c650e3a-cba1-0d71.jpg

#14 par 4 greenside.

4c650e3a-cbe7-eddb.jpg

Last edited:
This is a solid track that was in good condition the few times I was fortunate enough to play it. I would definitely play there again if I was in the area.

Biggs the course looks great!

Great looking track, captain. I'm assuming that this is the club you were roaming around shooting videos with the safety cone orange crocs? Looks like a nice spot to hit small ball next time we're around there.

Gorgeous facility. You guys in FL have it good...I don't think I could miss that fairway if I tried.

Nice looking facilities, the great practice area is a huge plus

Great looking track, captain. I'm assuming that this is the club you were roaming around shooting videos with the safety cone orange crocs? Looks like a nice spot to hit small ball next time we're around there.

Yes, I went to the other end of the range where there is also another practice green a couple bunkers and no people. I didn't they'd care for me roaming around in cut-offs. I didn't even ask...lol

Gorgeous facility. You guys in FL have it good...I don't think I could miss that fairway if I tried.

We sure do, golf year round, beach year round and women so beautiful it'll make you weep.

There are some open areas, it's just not forested or lots of elevation changes here. The trouble comes in the way of water, fescue lined fairways and lots of bunkers.

We sure do, golf year round, beach year round and women so beautiful it'll make you weep.

There are some open areas, it's just not forested or lots of elevation changes here. The trouble comes in the way of water, fescue lined fairways and lots of bunkers.

I'm weeping already, trust me. The midwest is awful.

In all seriousness thats a gorgeous looking place. I love the picture of the practice facility.

Good looking facility!

Back