What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much better today, gold tees, 72.1/137, 95 degrees, moderate humidity. Only two out of 19 of us played the gold, myself and a one handicapper, we both shot 76 which was the second lowest scores of the day. I had two closest to the pins of four, even though giving up 30 yards to the blue tees. All in all a good day except our team only finished third and I lost a dollar to my buddy. Walked and felt good (but tired.)

Great round and a great day Lefty, you are really getting the game together. Nice going.

Great 76 under those conditions, we had similar weather in NC today. I struggled to 42/39 for an 81 that required 2 late birdies just to get to that number. I walked today, hilly home club, and definitely didn't drink enough water, which based on the headache I have now I'm really regretting not taking the time to drink more water.

Much better today, gold tees, 72.1/137, 95 degrees, moderate humidity. Only two out of 19 of us played the gold, myself and a one handicapper, we both shot 76 which was the second lowest scores of the day. I had two closest to the pins of four, even though giving up 30 yards to the blue tees. All in all a good day except our team only finished third and I lost a dollar to my buddy. Walked and felt good (but tired.)

Great shooting Lefty! You are a real stud shooting golf like while walking in the hot Georgia humidity :sweat::whew:!

Great round and a great day Lefty, you are really getting the game together. Nice going.

It comes and goes but thanks. (85 yesterday) Striving for consistency.

Great 76 under those conditions, we had similar weather in NC today. I struggled to 42/39 for an 81 that required 2 late birdies just to get to that number. I walked today, hilly home club, and definitely didn't drink enough water, which based on the headache I have now I'm really regretting not taking the time to drink more water.

WATER is the key! Do you drink lots of water before you start? The other guy with 76 on the golds walked as well but he is about 15 years younger than I.

Great shooting Lefty! You are a real stud shooting golf like while walking in the hot Georgia humidity :sweat::whew:!

I was just being stubborn today walking, because of all those young guys telling me I couldn't make it...you know how that goes, gotta show them sometimes. Don't tell them my secrets, lots of water and an ice towel.

I flirted with breaking 80 again today...walked onto 16 tee box and needed to par in for a 79. I went par, bogey, bogey for 81.......arrrrrgh! I'll get there...what I need to quit doing is letting my partner add the damn scores during the round and telling me what I need.....it's all his dang fault :D

I was just being stubborn today walking, because of all those young guys telling me I couldn't make it...you know how that goes, gotta show them sometimes. Don't tell them my secrets, lots of water and an ice towel.

And a tough old arse that can hang with the young dawgs . What amazes me, is you went through a total knee replacement a few weeks back and now you are out there kicking butt and climbing hills on those old wheels you got :thumb:

77. Probably my best all-around 18 this year.

Congrats on your PB, Heez!

So I broke my toe at work about 2 weeks ago right before vactaion but that did not stop me from golfing!! Played a few rounds with the cast on and then eventually took it off as it was feeling pretty good! Still was shooting around 41-43 in there somewhere. Got about 9 rounds in during my vaction back home. My last round I played 18 and had a 40 on the front and then the back nine I had a 37! (my home course is a beautiful and TOUGH nice hole course in Manitoba) Should have been a 36 though! I have somehow learned to putt and my driver is long and straight!!!

This was actually yesterday, but shot 79 (+7 40/39) which ties my score for lowest ever. Knew I was doing okay, but didn't realize I was going as low as I did!

Saturday I opened with a 42 on the front. Then I lost it on the back and shot a 54, for a total of 96. Still, broke 100, so I'm good.

I flirted with breaking 80 again today...walked onto 16 tee box and needed to par in for a 79. I went par, bogey, bogey for 81.......arrrrrgh! I'll get there...what I need to quit doing is letting my partner add the damn scores during the round and telling me what I need.....it's all his dang fault :D

If i dont use Golfshot GPS i always avoid counting the score until i finished the round so i dont fold under the pressure lol

I have not played today but on saturday I shot an abysmal (for me) 83 in a club competition.
I was striking the ball pretty well but was not doing myself any favours with a few of my drives and some bad decisions.
The seemore saved me from posting an even worse score by draining a few good putts from around the 10 feet mark.
I need some more consistency!!!

I shot a weird 87. I went 48/39 with 31 putts. Started out very bad, but ended up shooting pretty well on the back. I had 1 birdie each side and several opportunities on the back. One day I am going to put together a front and a back. I enjoyed myself and that is the main thing.

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

I shot a very nice 44 today. My driver was on today big time. I hit 71% of fairways and only missed by driving through the fairway twice. I hit my longest drive I have ever hit, 270 yards. My putting was pretty poor today, I left at least 5 strokes on the course. Overall I was pretty happy. And I still love the hell out of my Mashie M4. 196 yard par 3 8th, put it to within 10 feet. Missed the birdie but made par. Love love love the Mashie.

my best shot had to be on the 9th hole it was a par 3 184 yards hit my 3 hybrid to less then a foot of the hole for a tap in birdie! still shot a 103 though

Don't believe I have posted about my 9 hole round on Thursday yet...it was league night, and I'm battling some tendonitis in my right wrist. My course does not have a range, so the first couple holes have been rough for me recently as the wrist hurts kinda bad until I have hit several shots. Anyway, bogeyed the first 2 holes which is what I have done in my last several 9-hole rounds, but then parred everything from there on out with the exception of missing a little 3 footer for par that lipped out, so I ended up with a 39. I had a problem pushing everything about 10 yards right, so I'll need to get to a range to figure that one out, but I had some good chips for the couple of times I landed just off the green and was able to save par. In my last 5 9-hole rounds I have shot 39 or 40 every time, so I am playing very consistent. Again, I have bogeyed the first 2 holes every time but I feel part of that is not getting the wrist loosened up before I play. Over the last week the wrist has started getting better though after going to the doctor and getting some anti-inflammatories and a wrist brace, so it should only get better from here. Peaking at the right time because I have the Nature Valley Amateur tournament coming up in 3 weeks.

78 today in a practice round. Played the par 5's 3 under. Thought I shot a personal best 77 until I added it up! :(

78 today in a practice round. Played the par 5's 3 under. Thought I shot a personal best 77 until I added it up! :(

Congrats clay, being on the course and getting to go low make for a great day IMHO.

I shot a weird 87. I went 48/39 with 31 putts. Started out very bad, but ended up shooting pretty well on the back. I had 1 birdie each side and several opportunities on the back. One day I am going to put together a front and a back. I enjoyed myself and that is the main thing.
TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

Exactly, nice back side buddy, and that is some pretty wicked putting. WTG.

I wanted to shoot my neighbors across the street since I had to pick up a bunch of spent fireworks today, but I restrained myself. The yard will look worse tomorrow.

Played the nines in reverse order at one of my local courses. I went on the back nine first and shot a dismal 45, came back on the front nine(my back nine) with a three over 39 and shot 84. I recorded birdie, bogey, par, par the last four holes...so I was inspired from that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back