2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

I took a flyer on the Rogue Max from Callaway CPO. I love the feel and distance, but it lives on a knife's edge between a draw (my regular ballflight) and a hook. After a couple of good range sessions, I put in in play for a league event yesterday. Some really nice bombs, but several hook....including one on 18 ended up being the difference between being in the money.

I'm still within the 15 day period with CPO. I'm considering if I want to try an LS, but have 2 questions.

1). how does it compare from a forgiveness perspective.

2) Any significant difference in how a Tensei Blue 55 and 65 other than weight? The LS only comes in the 65 gram version.

Thanks in advance!
The thought the LS was less forgiving but I am hitting a cut off the tee. The left misses makes a lot of sense to go with LS. @RealPretendPsychic went ♦️♦️♦️ to completely get rid of the left misses.

The thought the LS was less forgiving but I am hitting a cut off the tee. The left misses makes a lot of sense to go with LS. @RealPretendPsychic went ♦♦♦ to completely get rid of the left misses.
@mantan I’m a 9ish handicap with a bunch of scores in the 90’s this past season. Aka I’m all over the club face. The triple diamond eliminated the left side for me and allowed me to take advantage of that confidence. Even if I gave up some forgiveness, the triple diamond is plenty forgiving versus the Mavrik driver I had been playing.

I really think my Rogue ST Max got word that the Paradym is on the way. The net is 300 yards and I was dropping it just shy and bouncing into net on most drives. A couple hit the net about 10-15’ up. 😳 Oh and it was only 58* today.

@mantan I’m a 9ish handicap with a bunch of scores in the 90’s this past season. Aka I’m all over the club face. The triple diamond eliminated the left side for me and allowed me to take advantage of that confidence. Even if I gave up some forgiveness, the triple diamond is plenty forgiving versus the Mavrik driver I had been playing.

9* triple diamond is great for me. Low spin and surprisingly forgiving over the face. Just picking it up after months without swiping, I was hammering it yesterday. I'm not looking to change much, if anything, in the bag this season, but the LS 3D is far and away the most secure club in the bag.

i started out in the max last year (i think with the blue 55) but moved into the LS (for no reason at all) and found it to be just as forgiving. it doesn't matter what a club is designed to do, my swing can negate that so if the LS is less forgiving, i don't believe it...my longest drives have been with the Max LS (compared to the standard rogue, stealth and LTDx LS). i don't know what the impact of the 55 vs 65 is so i won't comment on that. i played the ADHD5S and was really happy with that combo but am currently in the MMT60S and i feel like that might just be better for me...i haven't re-tipped the ADHD5S to put back into the rogue so once i get around to that, i guess we'll see...i don't know if any of this has helped but...yeah.
The LS came on in Wednesday. It had a quick range session on Thursday and its first round yesterday. It seems to fit the bill. Nothing hard left. Essentially a small draw or pretty straight. The only drive I hooked was one I just got too quick with. And it was still 'playable' not a disaster.

The shafts was fine. Other than being slightly heavier, no big difference. When I got fit for my PXG driver last year, I tend to do better with lighter shafts. They were limited in shafts they had in stock, so I didn't hit the Tensei there.

I got fit into a Project X Cypher. By pure coincidence (fitter didn't know), I have that shaft in my Cleveland Halo Hy-wood (18*) and 4H. I absolutely love it in those clubs. It launches long and straight. But after a brief honeymoon period, I couldn't hit it consistently with a driver. Big hooks or pushes. When I tried to make adjustments, I'd get a big push slice. I was driving myself crazy trying to 'dial it in'..even after a lesson with my instructor. It was frustrating because I was hitting my other clubs really well (for me.)

It was night and day when I got the Rogue Max in my hand. I don't think a head would make a huge difference. I just think the Cypher X was a bad fit for me. The Tensei works well, but would love to find that shaft that I KNEW was a good fit.

I have not been playing as well as I feel like I should be, despite being able to still get off the tee ok. I've been losing distance, but today I was able to hold it together on the 18th tee and make the swing I've been missing for a few months. We'll not mention it was downwind, but I managed to hit a ball 292 yards, and with the flight i like to see, right down the middle. This set up is cemented in my bag right now.
So, I guess I don't know what cemented means...

I took a flyer on the Rogue Max from Callaway CPO. I love the feel and distance, but it lives on a knife's edge between a draw (my regular ballflight) and a hook. After a couple of good range sessions, I put in in play for a league event yesterday. Some really nice bombs, but several hook....including one on 18 ended up being the difference between being in the money.

I'm still within the 15 day period with CPO. I'm considering if I want to try an LS, but have 2 questions.

1). how does it compare from a forgiveness perspective.

2) Any significant difference in how a Tensei Blue 55 and 65 other than weight? The LS only comes in the 65 gram version.

Thanks in advance!
I see you ended up going with the LS and already have a round under your belt with it. I think you’re going to love it. I was fit for the LS to keep the hook shot out of my game. I ended up playing half a season in the Max and the right side of the course (I’m a lefty) was always in my mind. LS takes that out of play for me.

But you will lose a LITTLE forgiveness with the LS. I even went back to the max for a few rounds just to get the forgiveness back when my swing went to crap for a couple weeks this last year.

Overall though, I think you’re going to love the LS

I see you ended up going with the LS and already have a round under your belt with it. I think you’re going to love it. I was fit for the LS to keep the hook shot out of my game. I ended up playing half a season in the Max and the right side of the course (I’m a lefty) was always in my mind. LS takes that out of play for me.

But you will lose a LITTLE forgiveness with the LS. I even went back to the max for a few rounds just to get the forgiveness back when my swing went to crap for a couple weeks this last year.

Overall though, I think you’re going to love the LS

I could see that. The LS is fairly forgiving, but not in the elite tier of REALLY forgiving drivers. I'd been in such a dark place with my driver that it feels like a big improvement.

I could see that. The LS is fairly forgiving, but not in the elite tier of REALLY forgiving drivers. I'd been in such a dark place with my driver that it feels like a big improvement.
I mean I think that’s just the trade off for going a little lower spin. But don’t think the LS won’t save your ass most of the time 😁

I use the whole face and there are plenty of times the ball is dead straight and hardly moves even from toe and heel shots and still gets an amount of distance it has no right to. I adore my LS and had the best driving of the year (besides those two weeks) with it

I mean I think that’s just the trade off for going a little lower spin. But don’t think the LS won’t save your ass most of the time 😁

I use the whole face and there are plenty of times the ball is dead straight and hardly moves even from toe and heel shots and still gets an amount of distance it has no right to. I adore my LS and had the best driving of the year (besides those two weeks) with it

I hear ya. My misses yesterday were minor pushes. I can live with those all day long. Hit a couple of toe draws that gave me more distance than I deserved. That's the main thing I want. The big duck hook or the push slice when I change my swing too much to try to avoid are the ones. When I'm playing well I want the driver to be a weapon, but the main thing I want from it is to 'do no harm.'

I have played the last 36 holes without losing a ball. 23 drivers off the tee without losing a ball! I’m not hitting it exceptionally well, so it has been a combination of knowing I’m not going to lose the ball left with the TD LS and knowing when it’s ok to get aggressive. I have definitely been losing some distance by testing the bottom of the face, but I’m still extremely impressed by how well this driver handles toe strikes. Super stable and not immediately out of play left when I nearly miss the ball toe side :LOL:

Hit the simulator today and took probably around 20 drives with the triple diamond. Outside of one swing, I was coming inside out with a draw, which is highly unusual. It was a Full Swing simulator and 2/3 of my strikes were over 160 ball speed with a couple creeping above 165. I’m planning to try the Paradym at some point this year and was thinking triple diamond, but my goodness this driver is fast and forgiving!!

I see what you did @hadi05 …again

I can't believe I did it 2x on this hole! This time my favorite golf buddy was with me!!!!

Guess it's time to put another golf ball in a glass of bourbon!!

20230205_132341(0).jpg20230205_132441.jpg
20230205_132502.jpg

Quick update. Sim session Saturday. Launch is hanging around 10-12 degrees and back spin holding well at 2600 range. Only issue is I’m playing a slight push. Each drive within 25yds of center target line. I like the 8 degree setting. Play it or experiment with the draw setting to see if I can move it back more towards center?

Quick update. Sim session Saturday. Launch is hanging around 10-12 degrees and back spin holding well at 2600 range. Only issue is I’m playing a slight push. Each drive within 25yds of center target line. I like the 8 degree setting. Play it or experiment with the draw setting to see if I can move it back more towards center?

Nothing wrong with experimenting. I’ve recently been trying grip adjustments. Been doing a bit of strong grip which eliminates any hook chance and creates a fade or cut fairway finder.

I really wanted the Paradym to beat my ST LS max but the triple D and core head couldn't beat it for me, i tried my shaft as well as a few others. The only shaft that i would have liked to try was the Kal'li blue which they didn't have. There are a couple of heads that are still in the running but the max LS may be the first driver in a few years to get a start 2 years in a row.

Last edited:
I really wanted the Paradym to beat my ST LS max but the triple D and core head couldn't beat it for me, i tried my shaft as well as a few others. The only shaft that i would have liked to try was the Kal'li blue which they didn't have. There are a couple of heads that are still in the running but the max LS may be the first driver in a few years to get a start 2 years in a row.

Interesting. I have not hit any of the new drivers yet, but I love Rogue ST LS triple diamond and struggle to imagine replacing it.

Interesting. I have not hit any of the new drivers yet, but I love Rogue ST LS triple diamond and struggle to imagine replacing it.
Saaaame. But @Tevenor and @Muchmore18 keep telling me Paradym triple diamond is the same only faster and more forgiving :oops:

Back