Help me pick a shaft from my pile

the4hornes

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm thinking about making a shaft change in my driver. I'm currently playing a Aldila NVS 75gm R flex that was tip trimmed an extra 1.5 inches. I tip trimmed it to lower the launch angle a little. I've got the following shafts laying around:

1. Wishon InterFlexx Mid/Low launch R flex
2. Pershing 65 Stiff flex
3. Wishon Series 9 TQC S flex
4. Pro Launch Red R flex

I'm playing the NVS in a Wishon 919thi 9*. My swing speed is 108 mph. Which of the 4 shafts should I try if I want a firmer feel, similar to a NV or Whiteboard?

Thanks,
Mark

There is a lot more to finding a shaft than just swing speed. In fact some would feel that it is just one small piece of the puzzle. Tempo, Spin, Launch, etc... are all the reasons to put a shaft in a club.

I believe I would go with the Myazaki myself.

edit: Whoops my bad, not in the pile but you might want to put one in there. Proper launch monitor specs would be your ticket with any shaft.

I didn't want to bore everybody with my swing specs. Driver Swing speed=108, launch angle=14*, distance=250, ball spin=2800. Wishon S2S rating is 1.5,2,2,2. Current driver shaft is a Aldila NVS (tip trimmed 1.5 in.) in a Wishon 919thi 10* loft (loft correction from my previous post. 10* actual loft).

Mark

I didn't want to bore everybody with my swing specs. Driver Swing speed=108, launch angle=14*, distance=250, ball spin=2800. Wishon S2S rating is 1.5,2,2,2. Current driver shaft is a Aldila NVS (tip trimmed 1.5 in.) in a Wishon 919thi 10* loft (loft correction from my previous post. 10* actual loft).

Mark

Okay, thanks for the info. Well I guess my question is, what are you trying to fix? Are you just looking for a firmer feel? Because with those launch conditions, are you sure you want to tinker with something?

Looking for a little firmer tip.

Looking for a little firmer tip.

That was my question though, what is the reason you are looking for the firmer tip?
Are you trying to alter the launch or numbers? They are pretty darn good in my opinion.

They are pretty darn good in my opinion.

Even though my opinion doesn't hold much weight, I agree with JB here. Those numbers look pretty good to me. I do have 1 question though, with a 108mph SS, those launch and spin numbers...the 250 distance seems a little low to me. Are you sure that's accurate? Or the others could be off a bit? Maybe the "distance" number is carry, what's your roll out typically? I mean on the course, not on a launch monitor.

Numbers are from a Bridgestone Ball fitting, so I don't know how accurate they are and if the distance is carry or total. I would assume it is total distance.

Back