My Best Round Ever!

Caper

Reaction score
Handicap
I shot my best round ever today!!! I shot a 1 under 71 for my first ever under par round. My previous best had been a +4. I am pretty happy right now!

The problem is though, I almost don't even consider it legitimate. It was on a 9 hole public course that is a lot less difficult than the course I am a member of. The one I am a member at has a slope/rating of 123/71.5 and the one I played today is 110/65.2. Much easier. That being said, I played some great golf! I hit 50% of the fairways, 11 greens, and had 31 putts. I had 4 bogeys, 9 pars, and 5 birdies. I really couldn't miss with my irons and hit my driver really well too! I just wish it had been on my regular course so it would feel more "official".

Hey dont cut yourself short enjoy it. Congrats, I was looking at your action shots. My opinion you will have plenty more of these rounds if not better ,with a swing like that....

Seriously, you just shot -1 and you're not happy. Dude savior the moment do deminish it. one under is one under. Great job!

Great round! One under is one under no matter what course it was at.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

If your not proud of that I don't know what to say to you then..

Thanks Folks! i am really proud since I never in a million years thought I would shoot an under par round. I just find it so damn hard to live with myself sometimes lol.

Be proud of your accomplishment. Congrats!

Like the others have said, that's an incredible achievement, be proud of it.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Hey if the scorecard says it's a par 72 course and you shoot 71, it's 1 under par baby! The slope rating is for your home course to use for figuring your handicap .....go celebrate, it's a great day!

That's awesome! Brag about that all you want, the only under par round I have ever had is on a par 3 course down here.

Be proud! Good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words everyone!

Awesome job man, you must be very proud, I know I would be.

Awesome 23 congrats man!

Way to go! I´ll chime in with all the rest: If the scorecard says -1 its official! And even better, you´ve proven to yourself you can go sub par - should make it easier for you next time. How nervous were you on the last hole? If it were me I´d probably want four hands on my putter for that last putt. lol

That's awesome - congrats man!! Hope that scorecard is getting framed! :clapp:

Congrats! Dont sell that round short, you still played some amazing golf.

Awesome round, doesn't matter about the slope rating, par is 72 and you still had to hit and putt the ball. I have shot 72 twice and the 1st time it was on a par 71 course, was I proud, your are darn straight I was, and actually still am.

Congrats on an awesome round!

Way to go! I´ll chime in with all the rest: If the scorecard says -1 its official! And even better, you´ve proven to yourself you can go sub par - should make it easier for you next time. How nervous were you on the last hole? If it were me I´d probably want four hands on my putter for that last putt. lol

Haha I was! Actually, the last two holes. I knew I need to par them both for it. I hit a 320 yard bomb down the middle leaving me 95 yards to the green. Skulled my 52* over the green into the thick rough behind the green. I chunked it to 3 feet and drained the putt.
Last hole was a 115 yard par 3. Hit a beautiful AW high and straight then the wind picked up and knocked it down 10 yards short of the green. Without wind I would have been all over the pin. I chipped it to 6 feet. Putt was a left to right breaker. Aimed it 1/2 a cup outside and wiped the sweat off my hands 10-15 times. Stepped up and put in right in the middle of the cup. Dropped my putter and looked at my girlfriend and told her the news. I hadn't said a word all round about being close to accomplishing the feat. Her jaw DROPPED!!!

Great round, congrats :D

Back