Driver off the deck

Ive tried at least 5 times and never succeeded. I can hit my 3W off the deck just fine but not even close with the driver.

In a span of 5 rounds. How many total times will you hit driver off the deck?

Do you try to Fade it, Draw it, or hit it straight?

What percentage of the time is your driver off the deck successful? (Successful defined: pulled off the desired shot at that time.)

1. Depends on my knowledge of the course. At least once if not twice per 18 at my home course.
2. I try to fade it or hit it straight.
3. 50% it works like I want at this point... I just got a new driver though and haven't hit it off the deck yet.

I actually tried this the other day a couple of times after reading this thread. I used an old school Taylor Made Burner, 10.5* old school small head driver. To be honest I didn't like it. I couldn't get under the ball in the fairway and just kinda hit a little bleeder down the fairway. I'm sure with practice this could be used successfully, but my first impression was that it is not for me.

I hit my driver off the deck lots. at least twice per round. We have a long par 5 and I use it on that hole. One of my sons hits his 9.5 off the deck so well he took out his 3 wood. Last week he hit one 260 and made th green in two on a par 5.

I also use my driver out of the trees on most shots I need to keep low. I practice this shot on the range every session.

I hit my driver off the deck lots. at least twice per round. We have a long par 5 and I use it on that hole. One of my sons hits his 9.5 off the deck so well he took out his 3 wood. Last week he hit one 260 and made th green in two on a par 5.

I also use my driver out of the trees on most shots I need to keep low. I practice this shot on the range every session.

That is very interesting. Never heard of this kind of success with the driver off the deck

Tap tap taparoo

Ive only tried it once in the past year. Off a slight downslope when i had 220 into a gale to go and thought a nice low shot could do the trick.

The results were dissapointing. :banana:

I'd not be afraid to try it in a friendly round but wouldnt even think about it in a medal.

Tried it a couple of times during practice rounds and would have been better off using a putter!!!

I've done it a handful of times. Mostly goofing around or on dares, but also for scrambles. If I'm out of 3 wood range on a scramble par 5, and someone's put one out there safely, then there's really nothing to lose. Also for a scramble, you have full control over your lie which helps with this type of shot. For a real round, no, I will not ever hit this shot.

I'd say my success rate when I do try is less than 50%, which isn't good enough to try it when it counts.

I've done it a handful of times. Mostly goofing around or on dares, but also for scrambles. If I'm out of 3 wood range on a scramble par 5, and someone's put one out there safely, then there's really nothing to lose. Also for a scramble, you have full control over your lie which helps with this type of shot. For a real round, no, I will not ever hit this shot.

I'd say my success rate when I do try is less than 50%, which isn't good enough to try it when it counts.

Trying it during a "scramble" event makes sense.

I almost attempted it yesterday on a long par 5.... but "layed up" with a 3 wood. lol

I tried it this weekend, from the rough. Not really sure what I was thinking, must've been the heat. It didn't go that well. But it was fun to try.

yes but very rare, remember you just want to make good contact, its a driver if you get it a lil airborne it will go a nice ways, when playing rounds by myself

Back