Titleist TSR1 Driver, Fairways and Hybrids

40g lighter ?! wow. pretty intriguing release overall. It will be interesting to hear feedback in the coming months.

Interesting that the hybrids take wood shafts and are slightly longer in length. Probably good a option for those that want, but can't get the tour only 23° Apex UW. I also wouldn't put too much emphasis on the speed requirement. Zac Blair uses a TSi1 and is testing the TSR1 driver.

The hybrid has a great shape.with the right shaft combo I could totally see very good strong players putting one in the bag.

I have a friend that is a Titleist loyalist and ordered a TSR3 on release day. Unfortunately in all reality the TSR1 would probably be a better fit due to his SS but after dropping almost $1K it is tough pill to swallow to trade in.

This is where I have a bit of a hang up with Titleist and their delayed releases although I understand their rationale that this model covers a very low percentage of their customers. I can tell my friend just hold off, the TSR1 is coming but unless he sees it in print and has a definite date, he unfortunately just orders the wrong driver ☹️.

I am also right or just over the recommended swing speed. So many great new drivers. Guess I need ro go see a fitter.

Wait .... didn't Nelly Korda play the TSR1 before she went to TM? Am I mistaken? Cause I know she swings faster than 90 mph.

Wait .... didn't Nelly Korda play the TSR1 before she went to TM? Am I mistaken? Cause I know she swings faster than 90 mph.

And won with the TSR 1

Great write up @ddec. As I think about bringing a FW back into the fold I am really curious about these. A 3W in this line could really be an interesting option to try.

I have a friend that is a Titleist loyalist and ordered a TSR3 on release day. Unfortunately in all reality the TSR1 would probably be a better fit due to his SS but after dropping almost $1K it is tough pill to swallow to trade in.

This is where I have a bit of a hang up with Titleist and their delayed releases although I understand their rationale that this model covers a very low percentage of their customers. I can tell my friend just hold off, the TSR1 is coming but unless he sees it in print and has a definite date, he unfortunately just orders the wrong driver ☹.
If he didn't order a TSR2 at release he sure wasn't going to order a TSR1 though right?

Such a complete lineup in TSR now

And won with the TSR 1

So by this logic, the explanation that Titleist has come up with is misleading. Why would she be fit into the #1 if it's meant for swings slower than 90 mph? :unsure:

These look really good - naturally being Titleist! Steph, Jacqueline and Josh were really excited about this release at Ballyhack, because they felt like it really completed the TSR line as having something for EVERY player and I agree. Interesting that they even played with things like tip diameter to help increase launch.

I really would love to see someone like my dad, who doesn't even hit driver because he can't control it or launch it, try this line (although he'd likely never spend this kind of lettuce). He currently plays a Callaway Big Bertha Mini 13* as his driver and hits it GREAT, but I think he has an irrational fear of driver and a design like this might unlock some extra yards off the tee for him. He hits 7i about 130yds so I expect he's right in that 85-90 mph driver speed range.

If he didn't order a TSR2 at release he sure wasn't going to order a TSR1 though right?

He did order at TSR3 on release date but his SS is <90 mph and just saying if the TSR1 had been available he might have had a better fit in it. Either way, he was going to order the newest Titleist, that is just the way he is.

So by this logic, the explanation that Titleist has come up with is misleading. Why would she be fit into the #1 if it's meant for swings slower than 90 mph? :unsure:

It's not misleading. It's created with the intention of working best for those with swing speeds below 90 MPH. Does it mean it won't work out for someone who swings 97MPH or Nelly who swings 100? Nope. It's why fitting matters, and she has access to some of the best in the world in that respect. When she made the switch to the TSi1, the talk was about how she preferred the shape and has a tendency to miss heelside with her driver, which the TSi1 and its CG location helped bring her strike closer to the center and gave her better overall numbers and more consistency.

Looks like if you mesh this line with the new T400 irons, you'd have a GBB 2022 version competitor.
Has anyone heard anything about the new T400 irons and whether Titleist plans to release them in North America? Saw that they released in Japan...

Great write up @ddec. I like how Titleist focuses on improving your swing speed with lightweight components and not trying to force the ball left.

Has anyone heard anything about the new T400 irons and whether Titleist plans to release them in North America? Saw that they released in Japan...
I read on a forum a post saying that their Titlest rep here in the states said they would be coming in the spring but don't hold me to that.

So I have a TSR1 3 wood head here. What shaft you all think I should find and throw in it? Something that stays with the lightweight range we’d get with stock, or something maybe that suits me a touch better?

I was fit into the TSR1 hybrid at my fitting and received it yesterday. The feel off the face was very solid with a pleasing sound. Much better outside than in the hitting bay. My first four swings produced a straight, high ball fight. All aimed at the 185 pin placement on the driving range. Then I pushed one, then pulled one, but the next 4 were within 10ft either side of the flag. I should be so lucky on the course:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Location on the face varied from center to towards the toe. So a lot of forgiveness there. Very happy with my purchase. At my fitting I wasn't seeing those good of results but I had hit a lot of balls at that point, hitting irons. Anxious to get it out on the course.

So I have a TSR1 3 wood head here. What shaft you all think I should find and throw in it? Something that stays with the lightweight range we’d get with stock, or something maybe that suits me a touch better?
I love the 50g hzrdus red

I really like my TSi1 -- wonder if the TSR1 is much better or just an equal?????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I had another solid day on the course with the 5 hybrid. Love the high baby draws.

I love the 50g hzrdus red
I hit the TSR1 Driver with that 50g HZRDUS RED CB shaft.
Great feeling shaft - Matches well with that Driver head.

Last edited:
I asked the rep on Saturday - First Question I asked him...
"Where's the new T400's?"
He just chuckled and said "Soon"

Well TSR1 Driver incoming with Accent 40S shaft.
So Funny.
Told my guy who helps me with my fitting at PGATSS and gave me a look of Derision when I said that I wanted to fit the TSR1 and Mizuno STZ-230. I bought a sleeve of CSX 2023 for testing

Well Driver is Mizuno, Fw is TSR1 and Wedge is TSR1 tuned down to 9.25°:
C6C2BA32-B9F5-44F6-93AB-3AE421021AE4.jpeg

Here is my latest swing with TSR1:
11D55392-76DE-496D-96D2-55C8655EB7DA.jpeg

If swing speed is Carry divided by 2.3, that’s over 90, which is awesome for me.

Ball speed is 4-5 MPH faster than what I got from PXG.

F28D1604-F22B-42A0-8394-6A09BF3A481E.png

Back