What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
played 2 prov1x's today... 2 of them :sad:

I keep waffling between the prov1 an prov1x. The x feels harder. I get a better ball flight with the non-x but into the wind I am kinda dead. Thinking about trying the Pentas.

played with the Callaway HX Diablo today...mixed reviews....will post my thoughts in the Diablo ball thread shortly....

played with the Callaway HX Diablo today...mixed reviews....will post my thoughts in the Diablo ball thread shortly....

Look forward to it. For the 5th round in a row I played the TaylorMade TP Black and LOVE that ball. Plus right now they are $25 a dozen. You can't beat that price.

Look forward to it. For the 5th round in a row I played the TaylorMade TP Black and LOVE that ball. Plus right now they are $25 a dozen. You can't beat that price.

love the tp black... everything about it is great

Played a prov1x and shot a new low round of 76. 2nd ball I have gotten to keep and put a number on it. All three rounds i've broken 80 have been with a prov1..

hmmm :D

Allow me to start with two things:
1. I used a Pro-V1 today. I normally detest these balls, but if so many people like them, they must be doing something right.
2. I attempted to game them last year (as a 90s shooter) and simply did not have the game for them. They felt like rocks. Drives going 210 and such.

So I figured, "Hey, my game has improved significantly. Let's give the Pro-V's a shot." I am sooooooooooooooooo glad I did. My drives were going the same distance as they had been with the :bridgestone: B330-RX, and The ball seemed overall more workable and spun much better off basically every iron. I loved it. If I could've got my putter going, I could've shot 77 or better. But, it wasn't to be. Still, let me tell you, I hit some amazing shots today.

1. 131 8 iron from the rough, ball below my feet slightly. Green slopes back to front with a back middle pin position. Hit it right at it, just like I wanted to. It hits near the flag and I thought "Oh, it rolled off the back." I get up there, not only was it only about 3 feet from the pin (had bounced 1 time and spun backwards) I had almost flown it in the hole (literally, it was about 3" to the right of the hole). Tap in for bird

2. Got a foot of straight backspin on a par 3 WITH A 4 IRON.

3. Hit almost every shot shape in the books. With ease. I <3 Pro-V1's. I wanna work with this ball again. Can't wait to pick up a box!

For the budget-minded out there, I got a couple of dozen Callaway HX Hot Bite for $10 per. They are the ones in the green box. After a few rounds they seem to be a decent ball. Getting plenty of driver distance off them. They are pretty much one hop and stop on all the wedge & iron shot for me. Some have even come back a couple of feet. Durability is good. After losing a pair early in a round 2 weeks ago, the third ball has been around for 2 1/2 rounds.

played a TM Penta for my first round today and most of my second round but i switched to a bridgestone E-6 orange with 5 holes to go and i was hitting it very well irons and driver. was a lot harder chipping around the greens than what i was used to but putting wasn't that bad. might have to try some other bridgestones and see if i like them or not.

Played 3 rounds with the TM Penta, what a nice ball. Tee shots with driver just keep rolling and iron and wedge shots stick or back up. Chip shots really bite and the ball feels great coming off the putter. I really like this ball and may switch from the B330RX. I am still surprised the Pentas are a few bills cheaper than the RX.

Still playing with the B330S balls. I really like them, more so than I expected. My game has levelled out at around the 80 mark and I feel with them I am more consistent and feel more comfortable going for shots. I'm hoping I'll start consistently venturing in to the 70s soon!

Played a Pro V1x for most of the round, til water got in the way. Finished with a Nike PD Long. Actually shot a little better with the Nike. Coincidental I'm sure.

I found a sleeve of Nike One Tour's in the golf section of my closet and decided to put them in play on Saturday. I didn't think the ball was very long compared to others I used that day(330-RX and HX Diablo Tour), however I thought on pitch shots it was perfect. I ran out of Callaway i(s) balls, but I thought the spin was similar but the i(s) seemed to go further.

Played the Srixon Z-Star XV and the Bridgestone B330-S yesterday. I find that the Bridestone is a better ball overall for me because I get a little more distance, but the Srixon just feels awesome off the putter and spins a little more.

Played the TaylorMade Penta TP yesterday... my game overall struggled with irons (I don't think it has anything to do with the ball). The ball felt GREAT with a drive, went straight, and long! I will probably be playing with these more often.

played a tm penta tp today and tried my best to lose it... thats how bad i was swinging today
but it lasted the whole round... my wedges love this ball and it likes to check and spin back on the greens

I play the Titleist ProV1 and I like the penetrating ball flight and high approach spin, it checks up nicely on low irons and wedges and does a 1, 2, stop with my longer irons. I hit a wedge from 90 yards with my friend's Bridgestone B330-RX and it hit, hopped 6 inches, and stopped.

I was playing cally HD Diablo tours and like them quite a bit, apparently though another mistakenly hit my ball for his and left me a brand new cally tour ix. They look like the same ball at a glance so I can understand. I only played 3 holes with it but was impressed. It has good distance off the tee and checks up nice around the green. As for the Diablo tours, to me the play as well as a premium ball and I may game them for a while. They have nice manners off the tee, they fly nice and straight. Around the greens they check up nice as well and feel great off the putter.

Found an orange Bridgestone E6 today and played with it alongside my normal yellow Trispeed tour ball for a few holes.The orange was not as easy for me to follow as the yellow and the Srixon gave me from 2 to 5yds longer drives than the E6.Both balls drove straight with no slice or hook.I was playing alone so I was hitting 2 balls on almost hole to so how they compared.As far as Bridgestone,the E6 was good but I still prefer the B330-RX,but overall I will stick with the Trispeed for now.

Unfortunately I played three balls today. My normal Pro V1, a Bridgestone B330-S, and a Srixon Z-Star. I would play any of the three from tee to green but still prefer the Pro V1 on the greens.

I am enjoying the Wilson FG Tour at the moment. Reasonable spin and distance but am really loving the feel off the putter.

i lost so many balls today it was ridiculous
started with a penta and ended with an nxt tour... inbetween those was over half a dozen other balls which were just a blur since i was losing them at an alarming pace lol

Normaly play Callaway Hots, but this last week i saw that bridgestone made a orange ball and bought a sleeve and loved them. The only thing I didn't like is the feel when putting them, however the distance is unbeliveble. So I give Bridgestone E6 (Orange) a thumbs up.

Played the penta today, man i love that ball i had many great shots with it. Till the long weather break as all hell broke loose and I lost all swing that i had. Then no ball was working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back