Mizuno Pro 221, 223, 225 and Fli-Hi Irons

Took a few swings this afternoon with the 223 and that is a compact, powerful iron. Feel is softer than I expected - I may be seeking a set of these in the future. Top line was not scary to look down at, a good swing was rewarded, and a so-so one wasn’t punished nearly as much as I thought it would be. Mizuno did well with these.

Took a few swings this afternoon with the 223 and that is a compact, powerful iron. Feel is softer than I expected - I may be seeking a set of these in the future. Top line was not scary to look down at, a good swing was rewarded, and a so-so one wasn’t punished nearly as much as I thought it would be. Mizuno did well with these.

did you try the 225?

The decision is hurting me. I whittled all my excess down to only 2 sets of irons and I don't want to part with either of them. 😭

did you try the 225?
I did not unfortunately, I wasn’t the only tire kicker trying to escape the cold this afternoon😂. They look so much better in person though, that brushed finish is gorgeous.

I did not unfortunately, I wasn’t the only tire kicker trying to escape the cold this afternoon😂. They look so much better in person though, that brushed finish is gorgeous.

i’d love to know if you do. the 225 are a touch bigger but they pack so much more forgiveness and still really great feel out of the middle.

i’d love to know if you do. the 225 are a touch bigger but they pack so much more forgiveness and still really great feel out of the middle.
I’ll definitely add them to the hit list. I was surprised at the length I was seeing out of the 223’s, I sort of expected to lose some distance for some reason.

I agree 100%(y)

I got my new 225's a couple of weeks ago. Been hitting them every day on the simulator. I love them. I will be headed on a trip down South in a week. I can't wait to hit them for real.

I also liked the 223s, but I liked the looks and forgiveness of the 225s better.

Those of you who play or have tried the MP fli-hi 3 or 4, do you struggle to get the ball up enough? Did it replace a set 4 iron? I didn't have time to try it at my fitting on Saturday but I plan to. I ended up with a 5-GW set of 923 forged. I'm not sure my fitter was all that familiar with the club. He thought I might not be able to get much height out of it.

Those of you who play or have tried the MP fli-hi 3 or 4, do you struggle to get the ball up enough? Did it replace a set 4 iron? I didn't have time to try it at my fitting on Saturday but I plan to. I ended up with a 5-GW set of 923 forged. I'm not sure my fitter was all that familiar with the club. He thought I might not be able to get much height out of it.

I am not the highest swing speed guy, but I am doing fine with the 4 off the deck and am enjoying it. The 3 was great off the tee but I struggled a bit with it off the deck.

the launch of the 4 fli hi really impressed me. and i'm a low launch low spin guy, so if i could get it up in the air anybody can.

I am not the highest swing speed guy, but I am doing fine with the 4 off the deck and am enjoying it. The 3 was great off the tee but I struggled a bit with it off the deck.
the launch of the 4 fli hi really impressed me. and i'm a low launch low spin guy, so if i could get it up in the air anybody can.

Thanks guys. Already starting to think about filling in the gap to driver. Fitter said we can try 4i and fli-hi's when the clubs come in and we work on gapping.

I wouldn't call it a high launcher, bit it is pretty easy to get in the air for me. Much more so than the X Forged UT I was playing prior.

I wouldn't call it a high launcher, bit it is pretty easy to get in the air for me. Much more so than the X Forged UT I was playing prior.
Did either of you guys play the previous version of the FLi HI? I have the older version of the 3 iron that works great. I don't know if I need to look at replacement or not.

Spent some time at the range today hitting both the 223s and 225s. Both are such good irons, it honestly just comes down to what profile people enjoy more and what characeristics they need. I still fully believe (as I've said many times in here before) that the 225s are the best players distance iron that's been made. The combination of amazing looks, great feel, and distance, with still some solid forgiveness, is just off the charts.

Spent some time at the range today hitting both the 223s and 225s. Both are such good irons, it honestly just comes down to what profile people enjoy more and what characeristics they need. I still fully believe (as I've said many times in here before) that the 225s are the best players distance iron that's been made. The combination of amazing looks, great feel, and distance, with still some solid forgiveness, is just off the charts.
I think you said it about as well as anyone could. Great looks, great performance, and far more forgiving than I (for one) could have imagined. Also gives me more spin than I feel I should get (for the shots I take, that is).

225s have vaulted themselves to the best irons i’ve ever played. what i can do with these is beyond my skill level. carving them into tucked pins. flighting at will. they’re automatic. there is nothing i can nitpick about them.

225s have vaulted themselves to the best irons i’ve ever played. what i can do with these is beyond my skill level. carving them into tucked pins. flighting at will. they’re automatic. there is nothing i can nitpick about them.
This is a post from a man that has some confidence in his irons. Awesome to see!!

That's a big statement. 🔥

I find myself here again after an encounter with the 223s yesterday. 221s I didn’t handle well. The 923 Tour preformed as well but didn’t seem as forgiving. Maybe it’s in my mind.

did i spy with my little eye some black pro 225s...

I find myself here again after an encounter with the 223s yesterday. 221s I didn’t handle well. The 923 Tour preformed as well but didn’t seem as forgiving. Maybe it’s in my mind.
In your mind that the 923 Tours aren't as forgiving as the 223? No, that's not in your mind. That's in reality.

sidenote - I will never figure you out for irons. From a data standpoint, everything that should benefit you, you just don't seem to like.

Back