Mizuno Pro 221, 223, 225 and Fli-Hi Irons

sidenote - I will never figure you out for irons. From a data standpoint, everything that should benefit you, you just don't seem to like.

i can relate

Looks like a bag full of Fli-hi's :love:

Also, they should have done just the Running Bird in White. Everything else black. Would be utterly amazing

In your mind that the 923 Tours aren't as forgiving as the 223? No, that's not in your mind. That's in reality.

sidenote - I will never figure you out for irons. From a data standpoint, everything that should benefit you, you just don't seem to like.
Weird I know. I don’t like hollow irons. My best numbers are with the Ping i525. I just don’t care for hollow irons. I’m kinda inclined to stay where I am if I don’t like the ZX line. I’ll just fight spin or force the HMPs.

I’ve got to have these black 225’s. I’ve said from the beginning that 225’s are the sexiest club ever made and black finish just makes them drop dead gorgeous.

@That post Someone else said they were blue, just bad lighting.
Ha that was me but regarding the limited blue 221s that are posted in the 2023 PGA Show thread. These are definitely black 225s and they will be available this spring.

Ha that was me but regarding the limited blue 221s that are posted in the 2023 PGA Show thread. These are definitely black 225s and they will be available this spring.
Gotcha. Thanks

Well shoot, i should've waited for the 225's in Black. Ordered these last weekend.

1674691862107.png

I did not get a picture of the numbers but i was hitting a 7i.
(averages)
179 carry
15.2 launch
4950 spin
29.2 yds peak height - previous set of 2015 forged tecs was 40yds

i've decided to move on from the 923 hybrid. something about it isn't working, and i haven't hit any quality shots with it. i think it looks great and feels great, it's just an issue of me not getting along with it. if anyone wants it for cheap shoot me a pm.

so the fli hi 4 will go back in the bag, or maybe even the pro 225 4i. a launch monitor shootout may be in order. and if none of those fit the gap, maybe i'll take a look at the new st-z 230 hybrid. the shape looks perfect.

Does anyone have photos or able to find any of the blue 221’s after a few months of use?

I love the way my blue wedges have patina’d but my last set of black irons (non mizuno) looked TERRIBLE after a few months.

I was thinking though with the copper underlay of the 225’s the patina could look bad ass. I’m in serious ponder mode if you cant tel.

also, @McLovin pm’d you.

there’s a certain slinking slithering iron release that has me rather thirsty. but the pro 225 are so good i am confident i can resist a(nother) blind buy bad decision.

i played 45 holes over 3 days last week. in that time, i didn’t miss many iron shots. the 225s give me the confidence to play golf, not golf swing. punchy cuts. going draws. floaty softies. there’s no second guessing the number, there’s just knowing the number and picking the proper shot. sometimes you send it, sometimes you finesse it.

but it can’t be denied that for me the pro 225 gives so many shot shaping and flighting options that a more forgiving club wouldn’t usually get enough credit for.

so i’m staying put. i can make it through a release cycle unscathed because ultimately there’s nothing lacking in these irons that i need to remedy with another option. they do it all.

I really love my Fli-Hi. I'd try another brand but it would have a hard time knocking this out of the bag. Taylormade and Ping offerings didn't do it. I never thought I would be able to launch this so easy even at the 4i.

Those who have ordered from Mizuno. What has your experience been with loft/lie accuracy? Should I get them checked as soon as they show up?

I will be watching out for a set of 223’s in the future. Got some swings in with them again today trying out a few shaft options and the feel of those things is incredible. A little more petite than what’s currently in my bag but not an overly intimidating profile.

For you 223 owners , does this hold true? I know it's been a year .....a lefty here and I have hit the 7i only .....

Screenshot_20230208_010247_Chrome.jpg

Back