How specs transalte to your entire bag?

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Well I just got fitted for the first time and was recommended Standard length, stiff shaft but 2 degrees upright. Once I started swing with that it was like night and day, now I'm wondering if I need to be worried about using upright settings in my driver, woods, hybrids, wedges and even my putter.

For those that have adjusted settings from standard, do those setting translate well into other clubs in your bag?

Can you give more details Icey? I was fitted a few weeks ago for 1.5 upright but my current set is -.50 upright. I'm curious as to what you felt was the difference. Did the ball fly further? Did the height of the shot change to your liking? Was it just easier to carry a shot?

TIA

I wouldnt be as concerned with you driver and woods but your wedges should be fit as well. They might be slightly different but still should get them fit. Your putter as well. They do have putter fitting and you might find one that works better with you stroke and visually.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Great thread Icey. I've been wondering about this for the last few weeks.

I've been fit to irons and wedges 1* flat and a half inch long, but I don't carry this over to my woods. I play the driver and 3 wood shaft that was fit for me but I don't change the lie angle of the woods.

I have my longer irons bent, as well as the hybrids, but not the short irons/wedges or fairway wood/driver. I like the idea of having ever club checked.

I was wondering the same thing icey and glad you brought it up... my recent fitting had me at +.5" length and 2* upright as well with a couple different shaft specs. Do those shaft specs relay to driver/woods and through wedges as well?

I've definitely not been fit for wedges and went with what I was comfortable with (Cleveland) but now I'm considering changing up the shafts in both my woods/driver and wedges to be all PX but does that fitting I had with the Mizuno optimizer translate to wedges and woods along with the length and lie?

Thanks all.

Back