2023 Bridgestone e12 Contact Golf Balls

A little disappointed by the price increase but I enjoyed my time with last year's e12 so I can definitely see myself giving these a look.

Wait did these go up in cost from
Last year?

Yes sir. They were $29.99 I believe. But, you can add the Callaway ERC Soft to that list too.

I think REACTIV stated something similar about the cover and force. I could be wrong though. I wonder if it all relates to the force by the club that changes the shape of the ball that the then dimples reduce drag, etc.

I’m trying to think scientific this morning. 😂

I understand that!

Interesting concept for sure. If I can put my hands on a sleeve or 2, I’d like to see what the ball can do.

Thanks, @Hawk.

I tried these last year and found them to be underperforming compared to the Srixon QTD balls I now game. For me, the driver distance was at least 20 yards shorter. Must be my swing, but they did go straighter for some reason.

FLEXATIV reminds me of those non-Newtonian fluids that act more like like a solid with more force applied. Sounds like a similar concept.

I still have a couple of e12 balls which I like. The dimples always puts me off for some reason though.

I tried these balls last year and the felt great but man did they fly high for me. Curious to see how they react around the greens with the new impact modifiers.

I tried these balls last year and the felt great but man did they fly high for me. Curious to see how they react around the greens with the new impact modifiers.
I am actually a big fan of their higher flight.

It’s definitely strange. The $35’ish non-urethane ball is probably my least favorite segment. I can’t help but be annoyed when I see them in store for some reason.

that’s where they lose me in this ball. that and it’s called e12. not sure why but that turns me off and i used to love the e series.

Thanks for the information @Hawk ! I played the previous iteration of the E12. It’s a really good “non-tour” ball. Bridgestone produces some of the most advanced golf balls available today. My one nit-pick is when non-urethane golf balls start encroaching on that $40.00 threshold.

I unsdestand where you're coming from as to the non-urethane cover and the price.

Good writeup, @Hawk. I played the e12 Contact for a lot of last year and really liked everything about it. But at $35/dozen I’ll stick with the Supersoft, which is an equally good performing ball for me at a better price, or go with the urethane QST for the same price.

The $35 price range creates a strange tipping point for this class of ball. Many people who play balls in this tier may be reluctant to pay that much when there are a lot of good balls at lower price points, and it just feels like if I’m going to pay $35, I might as well pay $45-50 and move up to a urethane “tour” ball.

seems this and another brand took a more than inflationary increase. a bit aggressive, but depends if this ball produces where people need it to which it sounds like great performance where it might make a difference in straight shots off driver and around greens

Last edited:
I am actually a big fan of their higher flight.
I'm sure its great if you are not a high ball hitter and also dependent on your clubs. It's definitely a solid offering especially at the price point.

I'm sure its great if you are not a high ball hitter and also dependent on your clubs. It's definitely a solid offering especially at the price point.
I’m super curious what THPers find with this line. In the past they have been well received.

I gave my dad a couple sleeves of the prior gen e12 last year and he seemed to get along with them pretty well. I will have to let him know about the new version.

I like these in prior releases. There are just so many good golf balls and I can’t play them all.

I like these in prior releases. There are just so many good golf balls and I can’t play them all.

So true. There are so many balls that I would like to try but I really don’t need that many balls.

Great write up. Ill likely look at trying these at some point this year.

E12 soft is the ball that brought me to THP. The matte red will always have a special place in my heart. I will definitely try this version at some point

I’ll have to give these a go this year. I had really good results with them last year, loved the results I saw off the tee.

Nice writeup. Impact modifiers sound really trippy, and very interesting. Might have to give these a try at some point for kicks.

the e12 is my 'wind' and 'i have a slice day' ball. Its a straight flyer... (also a good on par 3's.)
but i found it alittle short distance wise... I still play it; but the Srixon tour has become my go to distance ball.
ready to buy & try this new updated ball.

After reading the review and some of the thoughts on last year’s version, I decided to give these a shot. I bought a sleeve of the 2022 ball for today’s round and they were good enough that I’m looking forward to more play with the updated version.

Last edited:
Nice write up Hawk, without it this one would get lost in the shuffle for me. Just wish they’d make it in a glossy, non sparkly, yellow.

Back