Big Break - Indian Wells [Spoilers]

Does anyone else think they are skewing the yardages? In the exemption challenge where they were at the 147 yardage, I saw a couple of players hitting wedges that looked more of the gap wedge variety. I also have a hard time believing Carl's 3 wood flew 287. It didn't look that warm out there.

With that said, he hit an amazing low punch hook wedge shot to 8 inches to defeat Shanks. Kent is going to win against what's left.

Does anyone else think they are skewing the yardages? In the exemption challenge where they were at the 147 yardage, I saw a couple of players hitting wedges that looked more of the gap wedge variety. I also have a hard time believing Carl's 3 wood flew 287. It didn't look that warm out there.

With that said, he hit an amazing low punch hook wedge shot to 8 inches to defeat Shanks. Kent is going to win against what's left.
Kent would win if it were for the best golfer but so far there hasn't been very much golf!

Well as we've all been saying earlier in the thread, Will and Carl are still on the show based on luck and circumstances rather than golf skill, however i've got to give Carl a ton of credit for the two shots, (289 3 wood, and 80 yard chip to within a foot), that saved his show life and while we're all fans of Shank for is southern charm and turn of phrase, he hasn't shown much golf skills. Had he done anything in the skills competition it would have been Will in the elimination. Will, by virtue of winning the early flop wall contest and being lucky enough to be on winning teams has avoided any contests. Had he not been given the 4 points for having the most money he would not have been above Shank at the end. I think it's down to Kent and David. Both have shown real game. Carl can only pull it out of his ass so many times before it bites him.

Ive been thinking the exact same thing. That was a great 3 wood but in low temps and with that swing, i dont think he can hit it that far.

So I'm guessing David has to fight back and the beginning of next show to, I don't know if they keep track of how many shots people hit in competition, but I'm guessing he's got to be atop that list! Sorry to see Shanks go, I'm going to miss his sayings.

TC shed a tear when Shank got booted.

After watching last nights show I now realize that they are playing a much different game then I am. When someone who looks like they are chopping wood is hitting a 3 wood 282 off the deck I'm obviously just playing putt-putt. Sad to see Shank go, but I really think it's Kent's to lose at this point, Will showed he can't step up and perform under pressure, David is probably going to be facing elimination at the beginning of the next show and Carl pulled 2 shots out of his butt to win that elmination challenge I don't see him doing that again.

Bummed to see Robbie go. Carl hit two unreal shots to save his Big Break life and Robbie missed that short putt that would have sent it into a playoff. What can you do? Robbie looks great, good for him for changing his life. I hope he can reach his dreams, he's a likable guy.

That said, Carl was lucky, he better be saying his prayers.

Will is a mess, he finally feels a little pressure and he can't make a shot, what a joke. How is he even leading the money up to that point? Same with Carl, I mean aside from his 50 yard bunker shot, there was nothing of quality there. Some of these guys are really feeling the pressure of this show.

I think the two Canadians have the upper hand right now.

Let's see some more golf and not make it into a skills challenge! Glad to see they dropped the 1/2 shot advantage from here on out. Oh, now you want to see the best golfer win. Some of the things they do on the show just don't make a lot of sense.

Kent would win if it were for the best golfer but so far there hasn't been very much golf!

Its been pretty much a chipping competition so far and Will has a strong game, thats why he's top. The more we see full hole challenges the more we'll see who has actual all round game.
I think David has guts and has proved himself a good competitor but Kent seems to have everything and I'll be surprised if he doesnt win.

Shank will be missed

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Will just made it to the next show just because he had the most money, that is total BS! He did worse than most everybody else but is still safe. Wow.

I agree, Will did NOTHING deserving of staying on the show. If he hadnt had the 4 pts to start off with, he would be gone. He hit terrible shot after terrible shot, and when he did that, he sat down and pouted.

I agree, Will did NOTHING deserving of staying on the show. If he hadnt had the 4 pts to start off with, he would be gone. He hit terrible shot after terrible shot, and when he did that, he sat down and pouted.
I'm waiting for him to crumble. It was kind of comical to watch the crazy side in him come out.

Bummed to see Robbie go. Carl hit two unreal shots to save his Big Break life and Robbie missed that short putt that would have sent it into a playoff. What can you do? Robbie looks great, good for him for changing his life. I hope he can reach his dreams, he's a likable guy.

Will is a mess, he finally feels a little pressure and he can't make a shot, what a joke. How is he even leading the money up to that point? Same with Carl, I mean aside from his 50 yard bunker shot, there was nothing of quality there. Some of these guys are really feeling the pressure of this show.

Let's see some more golf and not make it into a skills challenge! Glad to see they dropped the 1/2 shot advantage from here on out. Oh, now you want to see the best golfer win. Some of the things they do on the show just don't make a lot of sense.

Well said biggsy. I'm hoping they will actually play golf the next two shows.

The preview showed Kent taking a drop...I wonder if he gets into some trouble.

Shank let me down last night. Didn't do much in the skills challenge to keep himself in the competition and blowing that short putt did him in.
I see Will as a bit of a head case that will fold under pressure.
Carl and David seem to up their game when the pressure is on.
Kent is still a mystery to me...

Shank let me down last night. Didn't do much in the skills challenge to keep himself in the competition and blowing that short putt did him in.
I see Will as a bit of a head case that will fold under pressure.
Carl and David seem to up their game when the pressure is on.
Kent is still a mystery to me...

Haven't seen Kent play an entire hole of golf yet. They are waiting way to long to actually play golf. The skills challenges have gotten very boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for him to crumble. It was kind of comical to watch the crazy side in him come out.

He has no shot at this. None.

I was sorry to see Shank go, but frankly I think it will be good for him in the long run. That outtake they did at the end of the show showed a leaner, meaner and much more motivated Shank. I don't know if that would have happened had he stuck around.

As bad as Will did in the Immunity Challenge, I couldn't believe he didn't end up in the Elimination Challenge...
I agree with a few of you here in that, Will just might not have all the shots to put together a full round or a few holes.

Kent did well. I think he's got the game to win. It seems like him and Will, being at the top, haven't had to do anything yet! But now they're thrown into the fire and it's who can execute vs. who cannot.

David is on fire. 23 years old out there, exuding pure confidence and hitting pressure shots left and right.

Shank missed that putt and Carl somehow slopped together a win against him. But "New Shank" is alive and out for vengeance!

I gotta root for David.
The next 2 shows will be good. We'll finally get to see some actual golf being played!

This sums it up perfectly.

Yep, Shanks was my favorite personality. And as shown at the end of the show, congratulations to him for getting into great shape. It would be pretty cool if they did an extra show of nothing but a friendly rematch between Carl and Shanks. I know it sounds silly, but in the world of reality TV and ridiculous personality conflicts, these two had a friendship that just reminds me of all the values of golf. Besides, Shanks is like his own commentator on his shots and its pretty hilarious.

Kent wins, hands down. I don't care if the preview showed him getting into trouble, I think he's just too good versus the competition that's left.

I just watched the Carl/Shank episode on DVR... I know I've ranted about this before but are these clowns serious?
You have Carl who has one of the ugliest swings I've seen, looks like he does everything wrong yet everything goes right. Then there's Will. HE DOESN'T EVEN HOLD THE CLUB THE RIGHT WAY. Aside from that, his mouth makes himself look like a bigger fool than his golf swing does. When Carl had that 280 yd shot... "Tiger couldn't do that, Phil isn't doing that". REALLY!?!? I've played with someone who hit a 3H 285 yds, I'm pretty sure two of the best in the world could do the same.
I will definitely have the DVR set for the Zurich. My bet is none of those clowns, no matter who wins BB, comes within 15 shots of making the cut.

I've caught a few episodes. What night are the final shows?

Next Monday at 9pm

gonna miss good ol Will talking to himself

Back