Callaway HyperLite Zero Golf Bag

Got out for 9 this aft and wanted to walk with the new Hyperlite zero to try it out. The course we played is very hilly not the easiest of walks. Since having the Hyperlite zero I am really liking the ease of taking it places. Loading and unloading in the car is a breeze and taking the whole bag to the range from the cart is nice so I can switch out my clubs while warming up.

I used phone pocket for my range finder which worked out well. The Hyperlite zero was great to walk with. I could use just a single strap or both and I found myself using the carry handle a few times on shorter moves. The weight is fantastic and the bag is comfortable. In looking at the pics I need to better adjust the left side strap I see lol.

I would not hesitate to carry again with how good this bag worked.
215610AB-38CC-4580-ACF4-218787E2AABC.jpegAD364626-70C1-4041-B83E-F612083878BE.jpeg29500EC1-0624-48B6-8D42-D72D5C14F019.jpegC899E750-BD5E-4E2B-96A7-DE1C021A418A.jpeg

Got out for 9 this aft and wanted to walk with the new Hyperlite zero to try it out. The course we played is very hilly not the easiest of walks. Since having the Hyperlite zero I am really liking the ease of taking it places. Loading and unloading in the car is a breeze and taking the whole bag to the range from the cart is nice so I can switch out my clubs while warming up.

I used phone pocket for my range finder which worked out well. The Hyperlite zero was great to walk with. I could use just a single strap or both and I found myself using the carry handle a few times on shorter moves. The weight is fantastic and the bag is comfortable. In looking at the pics I need to better adjust the left side strap I see lol.

I would not hesitate to carry again with how good this bag worked.
View attachment 9154051View attachment 9154052View attachment 9154053View attachment 9154054
Who's your photographer? You should pay her more.

Next time I'm playing somewhere I'm using a caddy, I'm going to pick one of these up and be the caddy's favorite.

First thing I did when my bag got here was take some measurements that are important to me.

Weight of the bag with straps and rain hood

View attachment 9153157

Weight of the bag with straps, no rain hood

View attachment 9153158

Weight of the bag with no straps or rain hood (good for pushcart)

View attachment 9153159

The bag comes in 13.4 oz heavier with straps and no rain hood than my old bag.

Not much of a chance to get the bag loaded up and on course for a while around here. 🫣

I am a little bummed it comes in over 3 pounds. I obviously need the straps but don’t usually carry the rain cover. I am still going to give it a look. The bag I need to replace because it is falling apart is an old Sun Mountain Swift which claims to be 2.5 pounds although I have never put it on the scale.

I carried again for a few holes earlier this week and made a point to use the cell phone pocket this time. Gotta say that is my only complaint of the bag. The pocket is too small/tight in my opinion. I have an iPhone 14 pro with a case and pop socket and it was a pain to get it in and out of there. It was a little easier if I took my glove off, but I only do that on the green typically.

I am a little bummed it comes in over 3 pounds. I obviously need the straps but don’t usually carry the rain cover. I am still going to give it a look. The bag I need to replace because it is falling apart is an old Sun Mountain Swift which claims to be 2.5 pounds although I have never put it on the scale.
The bag I compared it to was the SM 2.5+, at 2lbs 14.4 oz without the rain cover. I will say that the Hyper Lite Zero seems more sturdy. It has larger slots for the clubs, the pockets are larger for accessories and water bottles, the valuables pocket has a clip in there for your keys. Like @AT_CG said on Off Course with @Canadan, they arent looking to be the lightest bag out there, but they want to be the best lightweight bag. This year will be a great test of the bag's features.

I really am intrigued by the
hyperLite Zero bag. Put together really well. Light and seem to have the space to carry all my gear. The green color way looks really good on @Saywhat4412 Grandaddy bag!!!

The bag I compared it to was the SM 2.5+, at 2lbs 14.4 oz without the rain cover. I will say that the Hyper Lite Zero seems more sturdy. It has larger slots for the clubs, the pockets are larger for accessories and water bottles, the valuables pocket has a clip in there for your keys. Like @AT_CG said on Off Course with @Canadan, they arent looking to be the lightest bag out there, but they want to be the best lightweight bag. This year will be a great test of the bag's features.

I steered away from the 2.5+ because I thought it looked a bit flimsy. I generally don’t mind a bit smaller bag I am fine with an 8” opening but I will definitely look at this. I did pick up one of their Par 3 bags that was on sale for $100 bucks and is under 3 pounds. It is a bit small if I am on a cart though.

I will say, this bag does not seem like it is lightweight until you pick it up. Build quality is excellent and features are there. Definitely take a look for yourself as these should be in stores soon to assess for yourself, but for golfers who carry this should be on your short list (I would say at the top, but I haven't looked at other options).

This bag is really making me a believer of just having a light weight stand bag at all times. The HL Zero holds everything i need and the best part is it is so easy to move around. No issues so far with twisting while using it in a cart. Going to try and get a walking round in with the pushcart next weekend to test out.

This bag is really making me a believer of just having a light weight stand bag at all times. The HL Zero holds everything i need and the best part is it is so easy to move around. No issues so far with twisting while using it in a cart. Going to try and get a walking round in with the pushcart next weekend to test out.
I need to go and check these out in store if they have them.

Used this on my clicgear 8.0 with the Cozy attachment and it worked like a charm. One thing I would like to add... played in some weather conditions and had Travis Mathew Cloud pullover and a rain jacket in the apparel pocket and they both fit in there with the rain hood.

Would not have imagined with a 3lb bag that I could have fit all that in there.

Surprised my wife with her full set yesterday, as a combined early birthday/valentines gift. She likes the clubs, but has been crushing hard on the bag. She said Callaway absolutely nailed the color and build, loves the weight, and again cannot stress enough how much she kept saying she liked the color.

the sage is a hit.

F7F54AD6-008A-4A64-A002-0035F79AC85F.jpeg

She chose the best looking color way.

Surprised my wife with her full set yesterday, as a combined early birthday/valentines gift. She likes the clubs, but has been crushing hard on the bag. She said Callaway absolutely nailed the color and build, loves the weight, and again cannot stress enough how much she kept saying she liked the color.

the sage is a hit.

View attachment 9155925

I like the looks of that.

She chose the best looking color way.

without question, one of the best color combo, and color placement stand bags I’ve ever seen.

Love the color.

the sage is a hit.

View attachment 9155925
This is fantastic @xThor !!

Back