COBRA KING 3D Printed and Vintage Series Putters

Superstoke Pistol GT 1.0
Did swingweight change much? Find the superstroke grip a bit big and too round for my taste but don't want swingweight any lighter as I might cut putter down an inch to 33 anyways and there isn't an easy solution to add weight to the head so a lighter grip would help.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

You are right had them backwards.
Can't understand how the black model which has the SS came in a full 10 swingweight points lighter at same shaft length.
E2 vs F2

That's pretty strange. Could see the different shafts and the Arccos grip throwing things off a little bit but not that much

That's pretty strange. Could see the different shafts and the Arccos grip throwing things off a little bit but not that much
I was wondering if the shaft could do it because one is the CT tour 120 and one is just a KBS tour 120 but both shafts weigh the same. If anything the Arcos would add more weight to the grip and on the older model which you would think would lower the swing weight.

I find it a little bit confusing to be honest why there would be such a big difference because that would be the equivalent of 20 g of head weight
According to the Cobra website if you believe it there is a 5 g difference in head weight so there is still something that I cannot explain.

I keep wondering about the putters. Now that SIK is LA golf- does the collab continue or does Cobra have to go a different direction.

Did swingweight change much? Find the superstroke grip a bit big and too round for my taste but don't want swingweight any lighter as I might cut putter down an inch to 33 anyways and there isn't an easy solution to add weight to the head so a lighter grip would help.

Unfortunately I didn’t measure it, just tried to match the grip weight as best I could. I think I added a 25 g weight to get under 10g of difference from the stock grip to the superstroke

20230124_204519.jpg

I need to find one of these to spend some time with.

View attachment 9152851

I need to find one of these to spend some time with.

As I’ve indicated, I’ve never seen a Cobra putter. I’m going to be focused on one with moderate toe hang. I may even be willing to go with a mallet. Lots to think about.

As I’ve indicated, I’ve never seen a Cobra putter. I’m going to be focused on one with moderate toe hang. I may even be willing to go with a mallet. Lots to think about.
Yes. Lots. I'm not opposed to a mallet, but live in the compact wide blade realm and flirt with the fangs. With slant. Kind of looking moderate like you on the hang.

Yes. Lots. I'm not opposed to a mallet, but live in the compact wide blade realm and flirt with the fangs. With slant. Kind of looking moderate like you on the hang.
I’m with y’all on the toe hang.

I’ve become more and more enamored of the Cuda-40. I love the way it sits at address, how much better I see the line and the roll I put on the ball with it.

Last edited:
I keep wondering about the putters. Now that SIK is LA golf- does the collab continue or does Cobra have to go a different direction.
@JB do you have any intel on what happens with the SIK face now that LA Golf has taken over? Is there still collaboration?

@JB do you have any intel on what happens with the SIK face now that LA Golf has taken over? Is there still collaboration?
Yes, Cobra is still using that face technology in their putters.
LA Golf could f**k up a wet dream, but SIK is still going strong.

You've never seen a Cobra putter? They don't have them in NY?

Last year the shops closest to me had an Agera and I think that was it. When I went searching for them in St Louis on vacation I had to go to 2 different Golf Galaxy's to find them

Not carried by the DSG in the area and it appears that the local golf shop I use does not either.

@ddec, do you know anywhere local that carries the Cobra putters?

I haven’t been there in a bit but I know they had some at northway 8. Might have been pre-owned though. I just remember my dad telling me he rolled a different model then the ones he borrows from me.

I haven’t been there in a bit but I know they had some at northway 8. Might have been pre-owned though. I just remember my dad telling me he rolled a different model then the ones he borrows from me.

I'm going to NW 8 next week. I'll ask. I don't recall seeing them in the past.

Anyone in particular that you have your eye on?

I would prefee one with moderate toe hang. I may be interested in the Agera to see if a mallet would work for me.

I would prefee one with moderate toe hang. I may be interested in the Agera to see if a mallet would work for me.
No help then sorry - I have a SuperNova sitting in the corner that I would have sent you to try.

So far I have been a little bit frustrated with my Cobra Agera putter. Perhaps I am just being silly as my only real opportunity to use it right now is in my basement on my perfect practice putting math which only allows me 8 to 9 ft putts at the most. I just find that I am pushing and pulling pots a little bit more than I am used to.

I find I am putting significantly better with my spider x with slant neck.
I currently have the face balance Agera model as I had originally purchased the slant neck and found that it just set up very funny because of the head size and I couldn't get used to it. I don't know if my issue is with the face balance large head or if it's the super stroll grip which is bigger and rounder than what is on the TaylorMade.

It is essentially brand new with the grip still with the plastic on and is only been putted on my basement carpet. I am inclined to sell it or see if bringing it to a golf shop they may allow me to trade it in for near New value towards something else.

I'm pulling too many putts with the sport 20 now. :unsure:

I wonder if it's a toe hang issue, a grip issue, or maybe the weight and the balance of the putter just don't fit my stroke.
It does putt well in the store, but on my training matt with smaller hole,
My 35 year old Cobra Bobby Grace blade out performs it as does my Spider X hydroblast slant neck.

I wonder if it's a toe hang issue, a grip issue, or maybe the weight and the balance of the putter just don't fit my stroke.
It does putt well in the store, but on my training matt with smaller hole,
My 35 year old Cobra Bobby Grace blade out performs it as does my Spider X hydroblast slant neck.

Have you rolled any balls with each putter using a line and filming your stroke to see if you can identify any differences?

Back