Your smash factor is really low. If the swing speed is really 129 mph you should be getting more out of it. It is a little shocking that it is 35 mph faster than my recent fitting.
The swing speed was way off on that post. We have been having a conversation about the accuracy of the R10 in another thread. While the distance is within my normal expected range, many of those specific numbers are not accurate.

Good news is that @Jman just got his AeroJet and will be getting some reliable data using a GC Quad, I believe.

Those numbers seem better.
They were. I updated the R10 software and went to the range when it wasn’t crowed to avoid interference. While the face path and club angle seem off to me, overall it’s a much better representation of my better swings.

The swing speed was way off on that post. We have been having a conversation about the accuracy of the R10 in another thread. While the distance is within my normal expected range, many of those specific numbers are not accurate.

Good news is that @Jman just got his AeroJet and will be getting some reliable data using a GC Quad, I believe.

6AA1E445-DD58-412F-ADE8-E2D1B0C3F899.jpeg947F6520-E543-4BD0-BDA5-6930B7A02620.jpegAD1E1952-B397-48B5-A491-4E02B1944B15.jpeg

I hit the Aerojet LS today.

I liked it a lot. More than the other tubular driver I hit.

Not every swing was this, but this was the last swing before I put the Aerojet down, knowing it wouldn't get better.

20230131_131014.jpg

Thoughts from those who have tested?

How do you rate the spin of this head for your swing compared to some of the other new releases that are touted as lower spin? What misses tend to see the most drastic change in spin for how you deliver the club to the ball?
Like I said originally and since, low. And I've seen that for other people too. It is definitely a little more low spin than a couple others for me. It does what it says it's going to do. I'm mostly spending time with the 10.5* LS to help counter that for me, because I do like the shape and address position.

I'm kind of caught in between 2 specific exaggerations I'm working in right now to counter some other stuff, so my miss is still just above center, occasional drift towards heel, but with a massive right path. I kind of forget one or the other of the foreign feels in the moment and that's the save it result. I tend to still square the face so I can get pretty low spin in general with that big push draw. I wouldn't say anything is overly dramatic. Actually less so than a couple of those other heads actually, just from a little lower starting point. I mean I can weaken my right hand a mile, get stuck on that inside path and launch a big blocky fade and it's like 2300 revs. And bombed. I know this because I've tried. Lol Speed retention seems pretty great within reason on the face. I think for an LS it actually turns over decently with the weights in the 'neutral' position, so a toe strike with that swing and that setup is no bueno. Thankfully that's not my miss, and flipping the weights is pretty effective in countering that exaggerated effect on a rare one.

Even without the swap it's pretty effective on that loopy swing. My first swing on page 2 with it was pretty indicative of that.

20230131_134746.jpg

20230106_162739.jpg

That's a pretty solid result considering. And it was a strike miss that was the only 1.46 efficiency of the session for me.

Last edited:

The core Aerojet was more fade biased for me than the LS, I also found the standard LTDx to be a bit fade biased as well

Very interesting.. I didn’t feel like the LS faded anymore than other drivers I’ve tried/played recently. Set up wise it sits neutral to my eye as well.

For me it was the feel on off-center hits and astonishing consistency. LTDx was very good in these, but Aerojet is a lot better.

Hits with worse shots were very good. I needed to put a really atrocious swing into it to get a bad result.

And when swinging at least half decently, it was in a small enough area to attack any narrow fairway with it.

And the high lofts have plenty pf distance in them too!
This is good to hear as I don't always hit the center of the face haha. I'm hoping to go try these out in a couple weeks.

The 2 times I've hit the AJ and AJLS, the AJ has been the more fadey one for me, but it's only a handful of swings for each head so too early to say it's for certain

Didn't see this in my fitting. But I draw/hook the ball quite a lot. Very in to out and can have a closed face. That'll kill any attempts of fading.

This is good to hear as I don't always hit the center of the face haha. I'm hoping to go try these out in a couple weeks.
My impact area on a driver face, roughly sketched 99% accuracy of drawing:
1675195877158.png

The core Aerojet was more fade biased for me than the LS, I also found the standard LTDx to be a bit fade biased as well
This seems like the complete opposite of the norm. I gamed a standard LTDx all last season and did not find it to be fade biased at all. 🤷‍♂️

My impact area on a driver face, roughly sketched 99% accuracy of drawing:
View attachment 9154392
The red circle isn't big enough for me. I've been known to catch them way off the heel (opening tee shot of the MC🤦‍♂️) or toe or close to skymarking.:ROFLMAO:

Disclaimer** Those are rare bad mishits. Results have been good recently.

The red circle isn't big enough for me. I've been known to catch them way off the heel (opening tee shot of the MC🤦‍♂️) or toe or close to skymarking.:ROFLMAO:

Disclaimer** Those are rare bad mishits. Results have been good recently.
YMMW :LOL: All I'm saying, is that I'm a pretty good test subject for forgiveness on a good day :D

This seems like the complete opposite of the norm. I gamed a standard LTDx all last season and did not find it to be fade biased at all. 🤷‍♂️
Could always be player or semantic difference, but I think I'm with @MH on this. The LTDx at stock was straighter for me. The LS wanted to turn and burn more. So whether that's fade bias or neutral or just more stability for any one person, it would tend to average out right of the LS on a dispersion chart for me.

I thought the LTDx was an awesome driver.

I'd really like to hit the Aerojet on a Trackman or compare it with my LTDx on a Quad. I just can't bring myself to trust the Mevo+ numbers enough to commit the cash to an AJ right now. Mainly because the LTDx is a very, very good driver. But then again, the Aerojet was even better...

Who said I was normal! Also a couple of guys in the forum have mentioned the same experience with them as I have 🤷‍♂️

Could always be player or semantic difference, but I think I'm with @MH on this. The LTDx at stock was straighter for me. The LS wanted to turn and burn more. So whether that's fade bias or neutral or just more stability for any one person, it would tend to average out right of the LS on a dispersion chart for me.

I thought the LTDx was an awesome driver.
I played both the LTDx standard and the LTDx LS for parts of the year, last year, and still own both heads. The LS was a 10.5 head and the standard was a 9. I would concur. For whatever reason, the standard head wanted to leak right just a tad more than the LS. Maybe the loft difference impacted delivery and strike. I don’t know, but for me it was an interesting observation that I would not have expected.

The mention of the fade bias is interesting. Today when I hit the LS, I had no issues trusting a hard turn and hands in the swing. Felt like I could swing hard and no one side was out of play.

Who said I was normal! Also a couple of guys in the forum have mentioned the same experience with them as I have 🤷‍♂️
Haha yeah I’ve read all the posts, doesn’t mean I can’t find it odd.

Reactions: MH
Back