I played both the LTDx standard and the LTDx LS for parts of the year, last year, and still own both heads. The LS was a 10.5 head and the standard was a 9. I would concur. For whatever reason, the standard head wanted to leak right just a tad more than the LS. Maybe the loft difference impacted delivery and strike. I don’t know, but for me it was an interesting observation that I would not have expected.
If you recall the lie angles were different between the 9* and 10.5* heads, could also be part of it. I believe they are this year too on the standard model but the LS heads are the same

If you recall the lie angles were different between the 9* and 10.5* heads, could also be part of it. I believe they are this year too on the standard model but the LS heads are the same
That is exactly what I was thinking about when I mentioned that the loft differences might affect how I delivered the head to the ball. The 9* head in both the LTDx standard and LS has a lie of 57.5*. The 10.5* head in both versions is 58.5*. So, the lie in my LS is one degree more upright than my 9*. I don’t know how much 1* affects closure rate, but it certainly could be the reason I experienced what I did.

You pointed out earlier in this thread that the lie is now the same in both the 9* and 10* degree of the Aerojet LS, which is interesting to me.

That is exactly what I was thinking about when I mentioned that the loft differences might affect how I delivered the head to the ball. The 9* head in both the LTDx standard and LS has a lie of 57.5*. The 10.5* head in both versions is 58.5*. So, the lie in my LS is one degree more upright than my 9*. I don’t know how much 1* affects closure rate, but it certainly could be the reason I experienced what I did.

You pointed out earlier in this thread that the lie is now the same in both the 9* and 10* degree of the Aerojet LS, which is interesting to me.
It’s interesting for sure. I’ll be sure to ask about this when I can. If this is the case no wonder everyone loves the LS 😂

A flatter lie angle would generally cause the ball to start more to the right if I remember correctly.

This face. Im surprised at how much I like it. Still more shallow than I prefer, but man, it’s super good looking.

C869BE7F-D334-47B3-BAF5-60F9355DF6BA.jpeg

A flatter lie angle would generally cause the ball to start more to the right if I remember correctly.
That is certainly the way it should work. The question is how much difference one degree should make in a driver.

It really does. The shape is…excellent.
I looked at your intro article and the Cobra website, I didn't see a mention of the CC. Is the LS a 460cc or 450cc?

Does lie angle have the same affect on a driver swing as it does on irons? I assume it matters but would think it’s not as noticeable? I guess what I’m asking does a 1* lie angle on a driver have the same impact as it does with irons? I have never really paid attention to lie angles on a driver but I have fairway woods. Now I have some thinking to do

I looked at your intro article and the Cobra website, I didn't see a mention of the CC. Is the LS a 460cc or 450cc?
I think all the sane people are sleeping. I asked that of a rep really early on. It's just under 460. Not much in it so probably no real need for them to list it as different on the website.

Just a little graphic for all those who say the LS is draw biased and the core is fade biased....

Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 9.00.13 AM.png

Just a little graphic for all those who say the LS is draw biased and the core is fade biased....
I don't think the LS is draw biased. I think it is fade biased which means I can swing for a draw, what I like to see.

View attachment 9154564
I think there is a difference between claiming that a head is engineered to be draw or fade biased, vs saying that one’s own experience with a driver, the way that it was set up, was that it tended to fade or draw for him with his swing.

Any club geek is aware that golf equipment can be set up to perform differently than it performs in its manufactured state. If it couldn’t be, all of the adjustments would be meaningless. Also, any single individual’s delivery and where he is striking it on the club face could impact ball flight. A consistent strike high on the toe is going to promote a draw, if not a hook. That could very well be that person’s experience with that club. It doesn’t mean that that person has declared that the club was designed to be ”draw biased.” A screenshot of a manufacturer’s promotional material does not tell the entire story. You know this or you wouldn’t state in a post that it is so important to get fit (not that I follow that sage advice, LOL).

The Standard AeroJet is one driver head that I think is falling way under the radar already because the darn thing is fast.

The Standard AeroJet is one driver head that I think is falling way under the radar already because the darn thing is fast.
Probably because all everyone is talking about is the LS :ROFLMAO:

It will most likely be in my bag

It is incredible. While most people seem to be gravitating to the LS, I think doing so underestimates what a little spin can do to increase distance, especially combined with the speed of this face. I am absolutely launching this thing.

It is incredible. While most people seem to be gravitating to the LS, I think doing so underestimates what a little spin can do to increase distance, especially combined with the speed of this face. I am absolutely launching this thing.

It will most likely be in my bag
You don't have any idea what will be in your bag, I haven't told you yet.....

or so the hackers would have you believe ;)

You don't have any idea what will be in your bag, I haven't told you yet.....

or so the hackers would have you believe ;)
Dang that's right :LOL:

I plan to go standard Aerojet unless a fitting were to suggest otherwise (which i highly doubt will happen). Where i am unsure is shaft, but i dont want to overthink it. Probably go with the Kai'li Blue 60 S from what i have seen/read.

View attachment 9154564
I think we were talking about the LTDxs with that, no?

And there's a lot of testing and examples that back it up. I went looking out of curiosity after that conversation. We also see manufacturer claims that don't hold true for the general public quite often. There's the release info, and then there's the reality after everyone has been fit and played them for a while. There's usually some difference between them.

I plan to go standard Aerojet unless a fitting were to suggest otherwise (which i highly doubt will happen). Where i am unsure is shaft, but i dont want to overthink it. Probably go with the Kai'li Blue 60 S from what i have seen/read.
Go into the fitting no preconceived notions and let the fitter do his thing.

Back