New Release: Callaway Apex UW

Well the 19* is a beast. Makes me wonder about getting a 17* and bending it a a degree and getting rid of the 3w.

Well the 19* is a beast. Makes me wonder about getting a 17* and bending it a a degree and getting rid of the 3w.

Apologize for the ignorance but are you able to bend a club like this? Familiar with bending irons but didnt know it was possible with a wood that didnt have an adjustable loft sleeve.

Apologize for the ignorance but are you able to bend a club like this? Familiar with bending irons but didnt know it was possible with a wood that didnt have an adjustable loft sleeve.
I have read of people bending them so I’m assuming an experienced club guy could bend it.

I have read of people bending them so I’m assuming an experienced club guy could bend it.
From my understanding you can have it done, but it requires the particular machine. It may be worth while to inquire with people like @JohnnyCallaway.

If it's lie angle you're looking for the easiest thing is just order it how you want it. Loft will take special machinery, experience, and trust.

Speaking of UW awesomeness, and Callaway's..

My beloved UW. That I got way back in this thread on Oct 9, 2021 and has never left my bag since (I'm not even sure my putter can say that), developed rust. It was well loved and played nearly 350 rounds with me, being a total badass in nearly all of them. But yeah, rust.

And after talking to Callaway about it they sent me a replacement!!!

20230201_223927.jpg

Little weight swap and we are back in action! 😛. Big shout out to them on this. Big.

Edit: Oh and about the post just above this, it's 1 flat just like my last one.

My beloved UW. That I got way back in this thread on Oct 9, 2021 and has never left my bag since (I'm not even sure my putter can say that), developed rust. It was well loved and played nearly 350 rounds with me, being a total badass in nearly all of them. But yeah, rust.

View attachment 9154733

Little weight swap and we are back in action! 😛. Big shout out to them on this. Big.

Wow! 350 rounds in that timeframe…I could only dream!!!!

View attachment 9154733

That's great!! Maybe I will have to dig back in the thread, but what weight change did you make and how did it change flight? 350?!?! that's amazing.

That's great!! Maybe I will have to dig back in the thread, but what weight change did you make and how did it change flight? 350?!?! that's amazing.
Just bumped it up a few grams for swing weight mostly. Probably real minimal effect on spin. It's pretty mid-flat regardless. I just use it in a lot of ways and it helps me have a feel for it when I really go after it. Which is fairly often because it's the lone club that bridges my driver and my 20.5* UT.

Just bumped it up a few grams for swing weight mostly. Probably real minimal effect on spin. It's pretty mid-flat regardless. I just use it in a lot of ways and it helps me have a feel for it when I really go after it. Which is fairly often because it's the lone club that bridges my driver and my 20.5* UT.

That will be my planned setup as well. It will be the only bridge from D to 21* 7w.

Haven’t gotten the UW 19* to the course yet but all signs point to it being a bomber.
1826A0FB-DE2C-443B-965D-EBA4089FC4A5.png

I completely threw in the towel on my 17 today. I just can't get consistent with it. Time to bail.

I completely threw in the towel on my 17 today. I just can't get consistent with it. Time to bail.

Sometimes a club just doesn't work for your swing. Nothing wrong with that. I don't get along with hybrids so I threw in the towel with them. UW's are great clubs for people can make them work. But they aren't for everyone.

You moving back to hybrids?

Sometimes a club just doesn't work for your swing. Nothing wrong with that. I don't get along with hybrids so I threw in the towel with them. UW's are great clubs for people can make them work. But they aren't for everyone.

You moving back to hybrids?
Well I have a King Tec 3H I have set at 18 degrees. Its a pretty smooth 230 carry. When I hit the 17UW well its closer to 245. So I'm kinda in the 3W HL range really because I don't carry a 3W. Not sure what I will do. Maybe a really low lofted 2H.

17° UW is mine. Look out 3 wood…

17° UW is mine. Look out 3 wood…

Sweet i like the 2 UW set up in my bag right now. Lots of options for them both off the tee and deck. Cant wait to see how this ends up for you.

Sweet i like the 2 UW set up in my bag right now. Lots of options for them both off the tee and deck. Cant wait to see how this ends up for you.
I’m already second guessing this a bit 😆 just thinking about potentially leaving distance out there by dropping the 3 wood. But I’m thinking if the 17° gaps nicely above the 21° then I can live with it because the shorter shaft should be easier to control.

interested in seeing some more tour WITB today because a number of the Callaway staffers had this club in their bag. Im curious if the UW is a consistent club in the bag or course dependent

I’m already second guessing this a bit 😆 just thinking about potentially leaving distance out there by dropping the 3 wood. But I’m thinking if the 17° gaps nicely above the 21° then I can live with it because the shorter shaft should be easier to control.

Obviously you’d then just need a Triple 💎 3W to fix all gapping issues!

I had a 21* before the Morgan Cup that I sold once the Tec hybrids made the bag. Still quite happy with those but I admit there's a little FOMO of not having a 17* and 21* in the bag when I read this thread.

Obviously you’d then just need a Triple 💎 3W to fix all gapping issues!
Was thinking strong 3 wood because the 21° was already encroaching on the 3 wood.

Was thinking strong 3 wood because the 21° was already encroaching on the 3 wood.
That usually means the opposite. That if you're getting nearly the same distance as a wood with 6 degrees less loft that you need more loft, not less in the stronger one. Or an HL.

Back