UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

Recoil came in from Golf Works. Cut on the but end looks funny. Pictures below. Is this something I should call them about? Nothing to worry about?

I just got mine a few days ago from a different source, and it looks exactly the same on the butt end. Rougher than I would expect, but you're trimming that end anyways. Cest la vie...

PXL_20230129_050805996.jpgPXL_20230129_050834370.jpg

I'm really happy with how it looks on my GW (Cleveland CBX2s) and 105 F4 feels *amazing*, but I haven't heard if they are going to do a run of them in blackout to match the shafts on my Apexes. Mizuno announced the S23 between me ordering and receiving my shafts, so I'm probably going to wait to hit those before I spend more time gluing stuff up.

105’s will be here tomorrow.

I went F4, I couldn’t tell you why considering my speeds, but, it just sounded right. 🤣
Interesting… 4-pw?

You are going to have to check the temperature of those irons before you put them back in the bag.. may cause a fire they are so hot.

You are going to have to check the temperature of those irons before you put them back in the bag.. may cause a fire they are so hot.
These should look pretty slick in them!

2AC6D3FE-C993-40D9-8CF3-888407F0142F.jpeg

99DF0DE1-D64D-4328-BE6E-D28647619A06.jpeg29BA2BA7-FAD6-4F47-ABA0-6ACEC248B400.jpeg60FDCA88-EA98-474A-B48E-DC02A86FFAA5.jpeg

AC746495-5B40-46DC-BCE8-D4EEDBCCB9F1.jpeg
Ohhhh snap!!

HUGE thank you to @Golfers Anonymous for helping me get these shafts and taking care of the entire build process for me!! These are going to be unreal this year. Also going to attempt putting the 5-6 TCB back in the bag because of these!

E08EAFE3-BAF1-4BF8-8F42-5C93E5360420.jpeg

Turned out awesome, big thanks to @Golfers Anonymous … super job and great gesture.

Thats going to look really nice together. Surprised you went F4. I hit Dannys at Dormie and they didn't feel flimsy, just light.
I can see them feeling light if you aren't used to this weight range. I've been in 105ish for a couple years now.

I've also found that I can't overpower them even at my swing speed, and going F4 vs F5 means easier launch and more playable spin for what I want for my specific swing.

Really cool that the 65 and 75 gram Darts are no upcharge offerings in the Srixon ZX irons. I know those are probably too light for most on the forum but the 75 sounds great to my old arse!

I can see them feeling light if you aren't used to this weight range. I've been in 105ish for a couple years now.

I've also found that I can't overpower them even at my swing speed, and going F4 vs F5 means easier launch and more playable spin for what I want for my specific swing.
The weight to me seems more important than the flex. The last thing I need is more spin with my irons. I'm looking to change profile for that reason. May re-shaft into these just to try them.

The 75 f4 had a good first showing at the range today. I’ve had it in the AW and hard stepped twice in the 4i for a bit. I usually feel more of the head coming into contact with long irons. Turns out I didn’t need to hard step it at all. I swapped a fresh shaft into the 4i and it was just as stable as every other club. I’m still surprised how much kick I get without feeling like I’m compromising stability. I’m pretty sure the weight lets me make a golf swing instead of contributing to my hit impulse. To say I’m excited is an understatement.

Back