First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

This line of irons is incredibly good. I am on my second set and will play them for a couple more years. It's always fun looking at the new irons as they are released but knowing my bag is set is even better.

I know a replacement will eventually come for the Apex Pro but I’m in no rush right now. Going into the 3rd season now and they have worked out better than I could have hoped.

I know a replacement will eventually come for the Apex Pro but I’m in no rush right now. Going into the 3rd season now and they have worked out better than I could have hoped.
Yep. I went from the Apex Pro 21 to Apex 21. Only way these are getting kicked out of the bag is if I get into the Morgan Cup or the Srixon Experience.

Averaged around 205 with my 4 iron today on the simulator and then smashed a 5 iron 210 late in the round. I know the pros are discontinued, but it still blows my mind how forgiving they are in a compact players package. Can’t wait to see what Callaway does next!

Saw this combo set at a local shop and made me drool.
IMG_20230211_144919.jpg

Just poking around on the Callaway site and noticed that the Pros are back up, but only available as a full 4-AW set. Seems like they found some sets but don’t want to piece them out.

These......TCBs feel like absolute butter when struck well. Had them out today for a range session and i have such a better launch and descent angle from previous irons ive played. The Grandaddy fitter i had......REALLY has me dialed into to what i need out of a set of irons. GOD I WANNA get these out on a freaking golf course again.

These......TCBs feel like absolute butter when struck well. Had them out today for a range session and i have such a better launch and descent angle from previous irons ive played. The Grandaddy fitter i had......REALLY has me dialed into to what i need out of a set of irons. GOD I WANNA get these out on a freaking golf course again.

Completely understand brother. Feels amazing on a flushed strike. Addictive even. Course time is coming soon.

I may be switching to ZX5 MKII from the Apex '21 I've had for almost 2 years.
I think the Srixon's feel better, are longer and spin a bit more for me based on the recent outdoor demo I did.

Higher than the Apex 19. Maybe a touch longer, but that is hard to say in wet 50 ish degree weather. And the looks of the Apex Pros just kill. Love these irons.

Higher than the Apex 19. Maybe a touch longer, but that is hard to say in wet 50 ish degree weather. And the looks of the Apex Pros just kill. Love these irons.

Yeah 21s are definitely longer. I had CF 16s and didn’t see enough difference in the 19s to change tbh. The 21s were on another world though. I’m curious what the upcoming Apexs will be like. Seems like the Apex and Paradym gap in difference is closing but I could be wrong.

Need to chat on these TCBs a bit.

Since putting them in play, my miss has been a bit of a "controlled hook". Thats on me. When stuck well, they FEEL better than any pure blade or MB ive bagged......ever. They sound and feel exactly like an MB type club. Ive played Mizzy's, Cobras......and they feel the same or better than both of those and a "tour cavity" club.

I have total control of my distances front to back now as opposed to other clubs ive played. This early in the year, (for Ohio) i am feeling really confident heading into the mid/late spring. Cant wait to see where these place me when im really in a groove.....if i can get in one.

Since putting them in play, my miss has been a bit of a "controlled hook". Thats on me. When stuck well, they FEEL better than any pure blade or MB ive bagged......ever. They sound and feel exactly like an MB type club. Ive played Mizzy's, Cobras......and they feel the same or better than both of those and a "tour cavity" club.

I have total control of my distances front to back now as opposed to other clubs ive played. This early in the year, (for Ohio) i am feeling really confident heading into the mid/late spring. Cant wait to see where these place me when im really in a groove.....if i can get in one.

I wholeheartedly agree with you the TCB‘s just an awesome iron. I shot 75 three rounds in a row since Friday and my GIR% with my irons was exceptional.

For example today on approach and par 3’s I narrowly missed only 4 all day, 2 of which were 17 & 18 when I just ran out of gas in the record setting heat wave we have had up here the past 5 days.

I did not hit all the shots pure but there was enough forgiveness in the iron to still perform.

Did anyone who's playing the Apex 21s try the Paradym irons? Any comparisons you can share? (I have a bunch of Callaway credit and am planning to use it to try one or the other, just can't decide which even though I've demoed them both.)

Did anyone who's playing the Apex 21s try the Paradym irons? Any comparisons you can share? (I have a bunch of Callaway credit and am planning to use it to try one or the other, just can't decide which even though I've demoed them both.)
When I was fit at ECPC, I was getting similar distance, launch, and spin from Apex and Paradym. The similar launch and spin were despite the stronger lofts the Paradym offers.

Toplines were very similar size. The Paradym has a shiny chrome finish, while the Apex is matte. The look of the Apex was what I was used to, coming from a 2019 combo set, so that is what I stuck with.

I hit the TCBs and Paradym. Didnt love the look or setup/top line of the Paradym for my eye. Although i did hit it fairly well. The TCBs just setup better for my game and swing.

I demo'd the Paradyms outside and thought they were nice, I thought they have a little better sound/feel to me than the Apex '21 I've been playing for the past 2 years.
It was pretty windy the day I hit them, so maybe not the best so see flight. Rep also didn't have the shaft I wanted, but the KBS PGI 80 was interesting.
The P's are almost 2* stronger lofted, which may cause some gapping issues or cause you to spend more $ on another wedge.

I want these. 2-3 month lead times for new sets boooooooo

How did I even play golf before the DCB 4 iron came into my life. I have gotten confident hitting this from the turf but off the tee is where it shines. I use it from the tee on three holes at my course one of them being the #1 handicap par five. I routinely have birdie putts on this hole and par it more times than not. The landing area is small when hitting driver but wide open shorter. I hit the 4 iron from the tee and even a slight miss hit puts me in good shape. A mid iron second shot leaves me laying two short of the bunkers with about 100 yards to the flag. Easy peezy after that. I tee it about a quarter inch above the ground and put a half decent swing on it and it turns the tightest hardest holes on my course into scoring opportunities.

I know we're still relatively fresh off the Paradym release, but does anyone have any updates of the expected Apex refresh for this year?

I know we're still relatively fresh off the Paradym release, but does anyone have any updates of the expected Apex refresh for this year?
Good Question..I would like to know also.

Was smirking these irons today!!

IMG_2439.jpeg

Seeing this thread pop up is making me do what I was thinking about earlier today. Giving the Apex Pro's a day in the spotlight tomorrow!

Seeing this thread pop up is making me do what I was thinking about earlier today. Giving the Apex Pro's a day in the spotlight tomorrow!

You should!

Back