Big Tournament This Weekend...

I just got back. We won the morning round 4 and 2, which put us in the championship match, which we won in 21 holes! Our competitors were much tougher than the number one seed. A couple of very big hitting mid-twenties fellows. We had a very large gallery following us. I thought it might bother me but it didn't. I was so focused on the golf I was only aware of them peripherally. I never played golf to applause before, which I did acknowledge, but was so focused on my own game I wasn't nervous about having others watching me. On the 18 tee box, the six handicap on the opposing team looked over at me and said, "Don't you EVER stop grinding?" My partner was great. We played very well together. What worked for us was our short game. We both pitched, chipped, and putted better then any of our competitors, which made all the difference since they could all out drive us by far. In the morning match one of our competitors told me I shot a 36 on my own ball. I had no idea, I was just so intent on winning whatever hole we were on.

After the match the tournament organizer said it was the best match in the history of the tournament. We teed off at 7:10 am and finished the championship match at 8:15 pm.

What a great story congratulations, way to go.

I had crowds following me this weekend as well but not to watch our group, it was because some of the best golfers in Georgia were in the two groups behind us. Oh well, it was nice to be close to the excitement.

I just got back. We won the morning round 4 and 2, which put us in the championship match, which we won in 21 holes! Our competitors were much tougher than the number one seed. A couple of very big hitting mid-twenties fellows. We had a very large gallery following us. I thought it might bother me but it didn't. I was so focused on the golf I was only aware of them peripherally. I never played golf to applause before, which I did acknowledge, but was so focused on my own game I wasn't nervous about having others watching me. On the 18 tee box, the six handicap on the opposing team looked over at me and said, "Don't you EVER stop grinding?" My partner was great. We played very well together. What worked for us was our short game. We both pitched, chipped, and putted better then any of our competitors, which made all the difference since they could all out drive us by far. In the morning match one of our competitors told me I shot a 36 on my own ball. I had no idea, I was just so intent on winning whatever hole we were on.

After the match the tournament organizer said it was the best match in the history of the tournament. We teed off at 7:10 am and finished the championship match at 8:15 pm.

Very nice work Sean! We'll need to chat sometime soon so that I can get some tips from you that I can apply in the Morgan Cup. Look for a PM from me soon with dates in July that would work for us to meet up at Harmon.

What a great story congratulations, way to go.

I had crowds following me this weekend as well but not to watch our group, it was because some of the best golfers in Georgia were in the two groups behind us. Oh well, it was nice to be close to the excitement.
Thanks Lefty. I was a new experience for me, and one I really enjoyed.

Congrats Sean. Glad you and your partner played well. Sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Congrats to you and your partner, Sean!

way to grind it out, congrats on the victory!

HOLY COW - what a day!! Congrats on the victory man - that is just awesome!!

Congrats Sean !!
That was a long day and I'm really happy for you!

WOW! Great job Sean! That was awesome! I can't imagine what it would be like to have a gallery follow me. Made THP proud!

Congratulations! I know you both worked hard for that win. What tenacity!!!

Thanks again you all for your well wishes and support!

I'd been feeling a bit poorly last week and into the weekend. I thought it was just acid, ignored it and kept playing. It would come and go. Late yesterday afternoon and last night however it wouldn't go away and the pain kept getting worse. The pain was very intense at times and I was wondering if I'd be able to go on playing. After the championship match I had my wife drive to the hospital late last night. It turns out I was having/had a heart attack.

They did an angioplasty early this morning and implanted a stent. I also have some other tests to go through. I'm not sure how long I'll be here.

Oh no! So glad you got to the hospital in time to find it. I'm praying for you Sean.

Sorry to hear that Sean; hope everything is ok and you are released quickly!

Sent from my Tapatalk!

Oh my Lord dude! I hope all is well and your health is stable? I was just reading through your thread and was about to put up a couple hundred smilies and then hit this last page! My prayers are with ya and it's a a good thing you got to the hospital and got some medical attention. Things happen for a reason huh? Take care buddy :good:

Crap Sean. Praying for you man. Hate to hear you are going through this and wish you a speedy recovery.

Great tournament! Sorry to hear about your health I hope you get well soon and everything comes back good.

Wow Sean! Don't what to say brother, other than I have the best wishes that all is well and you have a speedy and full recovery.

Take care friend

--
tapatalk

Thanks guys. The cardiologist said I came very close to cashing in my chips. I just got released from the hospital this afternoon. As of now I can't drive, lift anything over five pounds, let alone golf. In no way am I supposed to get my heart rate up. I seem him next week, then I take a stress test to see where things stand, and enter cardio rehab.

Well, at least I finished with golf with a bang. I guess you could say I played my heart out. lol.

Wow Sean you are a tough man. You thought it was just acid? I hope you feel better soon sir and get healthier.

Thanks for the update Sean. I've been worried about you. I would definitely say you played your heart out. Hope all goes well with your stress test and rehab. Keep us posted.

Oh my Lord dude! I hope all is well and your health is stable? I was just reading through your thread and was about to put up a couple hundred smilies and then hit this last page! My prayers are with ya and it's a a good thing you got to the hospital and got some medical attention. Things happen for a reason huh? Take care buddy :good:
Thanks Gray. The cardiologist said it was a VERY close thing. But I finished with a bang. lol

Crap Sean. Praying for you man. Hate to hear you are going through this and wish you a speedy recovery.
Thanks Biggsy. I just walked down the street and back...wore me out. :)

Great tournament! Sorry to hear about your health I hope you get well soon and everything comes back good.
Thanks Ceffor!

We're all pulling for you get well soon.
Thanks Snkli. I'm sorry I'll probably miss our mini-outing. :-(

Wow Sean you are a tough man. You thought it was just acid? I hope you feel better soon sir and get healthier.
Thanks m-910. Our golf season is short enough up here. Ugh.

Thanks for the update Sean. I've been worried about you. I would definitely say you played your heart out. Hope all goes well with your stress test and rehab. Keep us posted.
Thanks alot KB. I'll keep this thread updated as I know more. I appreciate your concern. :)

I was rushed back to the hospital again (chest pains and BP of 85/65). Very embarrassing with the ambulance and neighbors gawking. Anyway, I'm back home now. Saw the cardiologist today. Begin three days a week of cardiac rehab shortly. I have to monitor my BP closely. BUT, he said I can begin chipping and putting. I'm really psyched about that. :)

I was rushed back to the hospital again (chest pains and BP of 85/65). Very embarrassing with the ambulance and neighbors gawking. Anyway, I'm back home now. Saw the cardiologist today. Begin three days a week of cardiac rehab shortly. I have to monitor my BP closely. BUT, he said I can begin chipping and putting. I'm really psyched about that. :)
Man, get well, please!

Back