Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm. Was there a reason he fits stiffer? PX is pretty stout. Bring down ball fight maybe?

I think so, but he wasn't too clear, the only reason I was there is my buddy at the other store wasn't working. I went and saw him today and he fit me with 2 degrees upright, which helped out a ton! And standard length and Stiff shaft in KBS tour, I really liked the feel and ball flight I was getting with the KBS, he's going to get them ordered tomorrow morning, I can't wait!

hey guys need some input on wedges... I just ordered my set of mizuno JPx 800 5-PW the specs are:
Iron Loft
5 25
6 28
7 32
8 36
9 40
PW 44

So i was thinking about getting the MPT-10 to complete the set. So since i cant seem to find the 50 degree wedge i was going to get the 52 and bend it to a 50 degree, then get a 56 degree sand wedge and then maybe get a 60 degree and bend it to a 62 this way i keep a 6 degrees of difference on my wedges. Do you think that is too much of a gap between the wedges ? any input on wedge make up would be welcomed.

hey guys need some input on wedges... I just ordered my set of mizuno JPx 800 5-PW the specs are:
Iron Loft
5 25
6 28
7 32
8 36
9 40
PW 44

So i was thinking about getting the MPT-10 to complete the set. So since i cant seem to find the 50 degree wedge i was going to get the 52 and bend it to a 50 degree, then get a 56 degree sand wedge and then maybe get a 60 degree and bend it to a 62 this way i keep a 6 degrees of difference on my wedges. Do you think that is too much of a gap between the wedges ? any input on wedge make up would be welcomed.

I hear those are solid irons, enjoy them

not sure on the wedges, but I would cap mine off at 60, dont really see a need to bend it to 62...just my 2 cents

Iron Loft
5 25
6 28
7 32
8 36
9 40
PW 44

I would stop and think before bending wedges and understand that you change the bounce of the wedge when you strengthen or weaken a clubs loft.

Iron Loft
5 25
6 28
7 32
8 36
9 40
PW 44

I think anything you can do with a 62* wedge you can do with a 60* wedge. Have your tried the MP-T11 with the DG spinners. They are sexy and conforming.

I think anything you can do with a 62* wedge you can do with a 60* wedge. Have your tried the MP-T11 with the DG spinners. They are sexy and conforming.

Thanks for all the input. I do agree with the point about the 60*. Howzat i have thought about the face that bending would change the bounce and i think i will be ok being that the gap wedge of the jpx is only about a degree higher then the bent wedge. I have thought about the MP-T11 but i can get a really great deal on the MP-T10 about 50 dollars a wedge, and the conforming grooves dont affect me unless someone wants to start paying me to play.

I'm looking for a more forgiving pair of irons or I guess, a set of GI. Right now, playing with a set of MP-30 but my game has taken a hit after not playing for about four years and even tho I used to play these, right now it's making me frustrated!! haha. So having said that, I'm looking for a set of GI or something a bit more forgiving - and for a price I like.

So far, I've narrowed my search down to the MX 23 or 25, Titleist AP1, and the Burner 2.0. I work at the course in the shop and our rentals are the burner 2.0s and they look and feel great. Still pricey for me but damn do they swing good. Granted, I've been out of the game for a bit but am back in full force and want to have some more fun but still improve. Should I be looking at anything else ? Thanks so much.

I want a push cart. The Clicgear 3.0 or the Sunmountain Speed cart V2. But I also want a new bag. The Adams Harrier Hybrid bag. I am sick of fighting to get clubs out of my Calloway stand bag. I just don't know which one to get first. HHMMMMMMMM.

Same boat here!Lots of good pushcarts out there right now.

I want a push cart. The Clicgear 3.0 or the Sunmountain Speed cart V2. But I also want a new bag. The Adams Harrier Hybrid bag. I am sick of fighting to get clubs out of my Calloway stand bag. I just don't know which one to get first. HHMMMMMMMM.

Might as well just get both :devil:

Might as well just get both :devil:

After the golf shopping spree I just had for new irons, new wedges, new putter, new hybrid, and now a new driver, my wife will have a stroke if I get them together. I will have to space these out a month or so apart. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Hey guys, not sure how much help Ill get on this, but has anyone had a Tour Edge CB2 and also the Cleveland FL 3 wood? I wanted to see if these two clubs are similar, because looking at pictures, the faces look kinda identical and Ive found a pretty good deal on a FL 13 degree that Im eyeing. I love my CB2, but the face is starting to wear now and I might need to look into a backup soon. Im looking at the TL310 for my next driver soon so I like the feel on the new Cleveland line but havent tested the 3 wood yet. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

S3 Pro irons in the cavity back. When I did my TT fitting these along with the JPX800 Pro's were what was recommended to me and I have to say, both are very impressive irons. Leaning towards the Cobra's as I liked the sound a bit better but performance wise they're very similair to me.

Hey guys, not sure how much help Ill get on this, but has anyone had a Tour Edge CB2 and also the Cleveland FL 3 wood? I wanted to see if these two clubs are similar, because looking at pictures, the faces look kinda identical and Ive found a pretty good deal on a FL 13 degree that Im eyeing. I love my CB2, but the face is starting to wear now and I might need to look into a backup soon. Im looking at the TL310 for my next driver soon so I like the feel on the new Cleveland line but havent tested the 3 wood yet. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Blast from the past. I played the CB2 for a little while and have been testing the FL 3 wood. Clubs are similar in terms of distance (Cleveland is a little longer), but I really prefer the shaft of the Cleveland. Both are very good off the tee and deck.

My CG 3.0 is getting near paying itself off. Every round I don't pay a cart fee I tick it off my 3.0 purchase. I really can't ask for anything more from a push cart. Fantastic cart the 3.0.

Talked to Shaft Tester TC last night.....pondering Project X 5.5 and KBS Tour iron shafts

Talked to Shaft Tester TC last night.....pondering Project X 5.5 and KBS Tour iron shafts

If I were you I would hit them both. I liked the KBS miles over Project X

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

That's the plan man

If I were you I would hit them both. I liked the KBS miles over Project X

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

im pondering a new rescue.

my dilema is i like a matching bag, but i really dont like the drop crown in the MP CLK or JPX.

so i need a Fubuki shaft, and a rescue head that doesnt feature a drop crown..not sure how i go about it without buying 2 clubs and swapping bits...

:Confused:

That's a whole different kind of pondering....I have ideas but I want to see what kind of shafts I end up with first as that may effect the pondering process for the irons

What are you planning to put them in Hanks?

Hanks what do you think of the DG spinner shafts in your Wedges?

Love them. I can't see myself changing away from them anytime soon. Great feel to them and they mesh well with the weight of the club head

Hanks what do you think of the DG spinner shafts in your Wedges?

Love them. I can't see myself changing away from them anytime soon. Great feel to them and they mesh well with the weight of the club head

I was hoping you'd say that :D..off to look for some now LOL

I am getting a great bonus any day now and I am going to get a new bag (SM C130), pondering a range finder, new shoes and a new/new to me 3 wood (I really want a TE Exotics). It will most likely be the bag and the range finder.

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back