Srixon Z-Star Driver

finaly managed to get my zstar dialed in, only missed one fairway today and shot my best ever score of 89 which is not bad for a 28 handicapper only playing for a year. Had been only hitting the z star abot 150-160 yards, but today nearly every drive was over 200 yards and had a couple at 240 yards. I love this driver lol

What is the difference between the Z and Z-TX-not necessarily specifics, but from experience.

What is the difference between the Z and Z-TX-not necessarily specifics, but from experience.

Very different drivers in my opinion. Starting with the shaft and ending with the full adjustability aspect.
The Miyazaki shaft is just that good for my game.

Today might have been the best driving day of my life.
Hit all the fairways in the 9 we played, but more than that, was the ability to choose where in the fairway I wanted it.
I was getting plenty of distance and the trajectory since changing the weight out was lower and the ball ran forever.

I have never been as confident on the tee as I am right now.

Hit all the fairways in the 9 we played, but more than that, was the ability to choose where in the fairway I wanted it.
I was getting plenty of distance and the trajectory since changing the weight out was lower and the ball ran forever.

Thats awesome JB, I havent had a chance to try out mine yet due to all the time I've been spending with the HEavy Driver. I cant wait tho!

You should be. You hit that Z-Star like a dream dude.

Well JB this is awesome news! I wish I could have that confidence on the tee. My driver is behaving well, but nothing like yours. Congrats man! Heres to low scores :drinks:

Awesome JB. I took a look at one of these in the local golf shop here, very cool looking.

Alas no Z-Star love for me;

Couldn't find one in any local shops, but based off the online buzz i did something i swore I would never do again; order a club without hitting it first.

Ordered Z-Star 9° with Dromos 72g stiff, after a couple range sessions and three rounds the love was just not there nor was the length. kicker was when I hade been hitting the Srixon pretty good right down the middle and the guy i was playing with (who was just another regular at the local muni so he had no horse in the race) said "you hit your old driver better" I had been thinking that but now someone said it. So up on eBay it went while it was still mint...

So it was back to the 909...

until a saw the Adams 9064LS was selling for $199 now at local shop.

The Adams is a cannon, 11 of 14 fairways 2nd time out with it and one I only missed because i drove through he end of the fairway on a short par 4...

Help With Srixon Z-Star Driver...

Help With Srixon Z-Star Driver...

Hello, I know that I have not posted much, but have been lurking on this site for years now. I would love to make a THP outing, but live in Cali, and funds are low.

My question is, I am picking up a Srixon Z-Star driver off a friend for cheap, but he lost the tool for it. Anybody have advice where I can pick up one of these? I called Srixon, and they said to call an authorized dealer, but the dealers dont seem to want to help me.

I dont care if it is used, so I checked E-bay, but nothing. Any help would be great!!

Click that green banner in the top right hand corner.
Call the number and ask for Patty or Dennis.
Tell them you are a THP member.
Ask your question.

Thanks JB! Talked to Dennis, great help, and super nice guy! I will be looking to them for future golf purchases.

Thanks JB! Talked to Dennis, great help, and super nice guy! I will be looking to them for future golf purchases.

you wont regret it, they are wonderful to deal with

Also you could check alternate club brands because most of the ajustadle club heads use the same screw. Be careful though because there is a chance the diameter of the screw could be different and you cant not force it.

Also you could check alternate club brands because most of the ajustadle club heads use the same screw. Be careful though because there is a chance the diameter of the screw could be different and you cant not force it.

The Srixon uses a different type than others.

The Srixon uses a different type than others.

Yeah, and the tool houses the extra weights I believe, so it will be nice to have.
I played today, and hit the Z-Star on a couple holes. Without going to the range, I had a tough time with the increased lenght of the shaft. It seemed to be a full inch longer than my Exotics driver. I am hoping with some range time, I will find the results so many others have.

Thanks again JB for the referal!!

I see all the love this driver is getting on this site. I took it out today, and hit it Terrible! Or as Charles would say, Turrble.

I am going to try and hit the range this week, and mess with the settings and weights. Also, I think it will be hard getting used to the longer shaft. It seems an inch or inch and a half longer than my other driver.

Anybody else have a problem adjusting to the longer shafts? Or is it usually a quick adjustment period?

One more question, JB, your most likely know.
Are the shafts in this driver, and the cleveland stuff "made for" shafts from miyzaki? Like the ones people say are "watered down" versions for taylormade and titleist.

One more question, JB, your most likely know.
Are the shafts in this driver, and the cleveland stuff "made for" shafts from miyzaki? Like the ones people say are "watered down" versions for taylormade and titleist.

Nope. They are the 100% real deal.

JB - you said a page or two your back your motto is the more loft the better. Can you explain that a bit?

JB - you said a page or two your back your motto is the more loft the better. Can you explain that a bit?

I am a big believer in using the most loft on a driver that your swing can handle and still offer optimum launch numbers. Meaning if I can go with a 12 degree driver and bring launch down enough via shaft to get in the right area, I would do so because I think more forgiveness for my game comes from more loft.

Has anyone seen the adjustable shaft tips for the Z-star driver/FW for sale anywhere? You can easily find TM R9/R11 shaft tips, Titleist 910 shaft tips are more expensive but stll able to be found, but I can't find anything for the Z-star.

Under JB's word, I called Blind 9 golf, great service!! I would call them first...

I had a nice range session with only the Driver today. I had nice tight dispersion with a slight fade but the ball flight was a little high and I seemed to lose a little distance because of it.

I was playing it in the standard position with the 7 gram weights and forgot to bring my wrench to the range. I want to straighten her out a little bit and lower the ball flight a little. Is the best bet to close the face by one setting and stick the 3 gram weight in the back or change the setting to neutral upright and put the 3 gram weight in the back?

Back