Official Hole In One Thread

Never got an ace before but still got lots of time (not even left school yet :D ) Was playing at a local course the other day, 139 yard par 3, completely flufffed my shot (thinned it completely) and to my surprise the ball hit the pin and stopped about 1 foot from the hole

Dont you just love when you have a great miss?

Been playing for 28 years and have only had 2 aces, the first came in a tournament about 10 years ago and I won like $350, Par #3 160 yards hit a 8 iron 10 feet past the pin and sucked it back in the hole.
My 2nd was last July at my home course, 145 yard par 3, hit pw, ball hit short of the hole and one hopped in the hole, that same round I was within a inch of having my 2nd Ace of the day on a 317 yd par 4, I drove the green, the ball hopped hit the pin and stopped an inch away.

Only 2? You suck, haha!

30+ years for me, none!

Good thread. Congrats to all the official members of the HIO club!
Still looking for my first, have had quite a few close calls.

I just got my first hole in one this morning on a par 3 course. I don't know whether to be excited or not but right now i'm not really all that excited. If it was on a normal par 72 course then I would be super excited right now. Anyways, I've been shanking the ball since yesterday's round and it continued up to the 16th hole of today's round. At the 16th, I just thought about taking a really nice smooth slow swing. The result was a shot onto the green 10 feet from the pin. I was very happy because finally I didn't shank it. I missed the birdie putt and tapped in for par. On the 17th, a par 3 of around 155 yards which was playing against the wind, I grabbed my 6 iron and took a nice easy smooth swing on the ball. It was a pure strike that started about 6 yards to the left of the pin and started fading back a bit. It landed around 4-5 feet on the left of the pin and started rolling. It stopped right beside the pin and I saw it descend a bit into the hole, but I wasn't sure. It looked like half of the ball was sticking out of the hole. I told my dad, who was the only person playing with me this morning, that I think that it might have gone in the hole. He said no because he still still sees the ball. So he hits his shot, misses the green and we walk up to the green. As we got closer, I saw that the ball was in the hole, stuck against the pin. It was my first hole in one! After only starting to play golf last July. I still wasn't too excited as it was on a par 3 course but whatever.

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

It still went in on one shot, kevin. Nice Ace!

Thanks Hawk!

I agree with Hawk, Kevin, a 1 is a 1. Congrats.

Nice shot, you're buying, right?

Par 3 course or not, it is a still a hole in one! Congrats.

Haha alright, Now that I think about it, the hole was actually a bit more than 150 yards, which is more or less the same size as some of the par 3's on regular courses. I should be happy! :banana:

Par 3 or not its still a great shot and a great HOI

Congrats and love that you included pictures!!

Tappin' for world peace!

Thanks everyone! :smile:

Very cool Kevin...a 1 is a 1...and is definitely something you should be excited about! I started playing par 3's at a VERY young age...a couple decades later, I am still hole-in-one-less.

Great job Kevin, congrats on the ace!

#8 at Heritage Oaks Golf Course in Harrisonburg VA

168yards over water hit a 7iron.

Congrats flix and kevin! Awesome shots made by both of you.

First Ace

First Ace

I finally got my first Ace. In a couples twilight tournament. It was our second hole but it is hole 4 Eaglemont Golf Course in Mount Vernon, WA
It was about 130 yds I used my Wedgewood hybrid 7iron. Interestingly enough, this was literally the first time I played that hole without daydreaming of getting an ace as I set up. I play this course 2 or 3 times per week. The hole plays downhill about 50 feet has an undulating green that slopes back toward the tee, with bunkers and swells around the edges. I have come close, like within a foot a few times and I have always said that this is the hole I was going to do it on sooner or later. The ball took flight with a slight fade as usual. It seemed to stay up there forever. I thought for sure it was heading straight into the bunker on the right front. A gust of wind apparently pushed it just enough back left that it caught the swell just above the bunker to my delight I yelled "kick left!" Which it did, then it looked like it changed direction toward the hole on the next little bounce, I said out loud, "its going in" as it was probably 3 feet away rolling briskly but with utter certitude directly toward the center of the hole. It sucked in like it had a vaccuum in there. The other fella saw it drop, but the gals werent watching. At least it sort of justified in my wifes mind all the money I have spent on new clubs lately. Oh and I won kp 25 bucks which I used towards another round of golf the following week in which I had an eagle on the par 5 hole 3 with a 3 foot putt. My only two eagles on this course ever. Both were coincidentally with titleist nxt balls

I finally got my first Ace. In a couples twilight tournament. It was our second hole but it is hole 4 Eaglemont Golf Course in Mount Vernon, WA
It was about 130 yds I used my Wedgewood hybrid 7iron. Interestingly enough, this was literally the first time I played that hole without daydreaming of getting an ace as I set up. I play this course 2 or 3 times per week. The hole plays downhill about 50 feet has an undulating green that slopes back toward the tee, with bunkers and swells around the edges. I have come close, like within a foot a few times and I have always said that this is the hole I was going to do it on sooner or later. The ball took flight with a slight fade as usual. It seemed to stay up there forever. I thought for sure it was heading straight into the bunker on the right front. A gust of wind apparently pushed it just enough back left that it caught the swell just above the bunker to my delight I yelled "kick left!" Which it did, then it looked like it changed direction toward the hole on the next little bounce, I said out loud, "its going in" as it was probably 3 feet away rolling briskly but with utter certitude directly toward the center of the hole. It sucked in like it had a vaccuum in there. The other fella saw it drop, but the gals werent watching. At least it sort of justified in my wifes mind all the money I have spent on new clubs lately. Oh and I won kp 25 bucks which I used towards another round of golf the following week in which I had an eagle on the par 5 hole 3 with a 3 foot putt. My only two eagles on this course ever. Both were coincidentally with titleist nxt balls

Congrats on the ace and great play by play.

Congrats!

Congrats on your first ace and welcome to :thp:

Congrats on the great shots!

Back