What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
37-39=76

Par 70

Hit one out of bounds and another in the water on the back side. First round out with the new R11 FW 3 and came away very impressed.

Played the front nine of The New Course at Grand Cypress today and had everything clicking. Shot 34 for the 9. The crazy part was that I had a horrible chip on #2 that should have led to another birdie and a 3 putt bogey. To think it could have very easily been a 32 is astonishing for my game.

awesome 9 man! maybe it's also you getting dialed in with the newer stuff in your bag as well?

Played the front nine of The New Course at Grand Cypress today and had everything clicking. Shot 34 for the 9. The crazy part was that I had a horrible chip on #2 that should have led to another birdie and a 3 putt bogey. To think it could have very easily been a 32 is astonishing for my game.

Awesome round JB! A 34 is awesome, but a 32 would have been unreal! You will get it soon

Very nice, sounds like you got things going in the right direction

Very good nine. Too bad you couldn't have finished out the 18 to see how low you could have gone.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Well done JB! That's getting it done.

Shot a 79!!! First time in the 70's all year! Birdied 18 for it! 7/14 fairways, 10/18 GIR, 32 putts. Feels great!

Good round

Very good nine. Too bad you couldn't have finished out the 18 to see how low you could have gone.

Work awaits. GG and I play 9 during the week.

Well done JB! That's getting it done.

It felt pretty good out there. The driver was just working really really well.

shot an 80 yesterday. Crazyiest turn around though with a 44/36. Front 9 was borderline awful with 4 bogeys, 4 pars and a QUAD! Taking an 8 on a par 4 is never fun. Got on track thanks to a lucky bounce on the 299yard par 4 10th. Hit a solid drive up the right side that looked like it was heading for the greenside bunker, kicked left onto the green leaving my about 20ft for eagle (question - if you hit the green in 1, does that count as a fairway hit too?). Left that woefully short but buried the birdie putt. Bogey'd 11 but came right back with a birdie on the short par 3 12th. I was -1 on the back 9 all the way to par 3 18th, when I pushed my tee shot right and couldnt get up and down.

If I put the front 9 from last week and the back 9 from yesterday together, thats a 73! I was pleasantly surprised with my scoring today. I wasnt hitting anything really well but still grinded out a decent round. I'm still struggling with those 4-7 footers for par. I was 5/12 scrambling (yes I only hit 6 GIR haha) but definitely could have saved a couple more strokes had I just knocked them into the back of the cup, instead of trying to die them into the hole.

Definitely excited to try and put those 9's together and finally get close to par!

Nice 9, JB.

Shattered my personal best today!

Smithfield Golf Course Blue Tees 6218 yards; 69.6/121

Sunny day, not a cloud in the sky, hot

1: Par 4 335: Driver 60* to 10 feet, missed even
2. Par 3: 186: 5w right, chip to 5 feet, missed it +1
3: Par 4: 381 Driver PW to 10 feet sink it! Birdie even
4. 164 par 3: 4i to center of green, 2 putt
5: 345 Par 4: Driver Pw birdie slides by still even
6: 518 Par 5 Driver 6i short of the water, 60* to 5 feet birdie -1
7: 356 Par 4: Driver 8i to 25 feet, 2 putt
8: 532 Par 5: Driver 6i short of water, knockdown pw to 10 feet, 2 putt, still -1
9: 365 par 4, Driver way left into hardpan 9i to 4 feet, birdie! -2
So I shatter my best 9 hole score by 2 strokes and shoot 34! Can I hold on, or will the nerves get me

10: 305 downhill par 4; drive behind a tree, 60* short of green, can't get up and down bogey; -1 total +1 on this side
11: 141 par 4, 7i way right, failed up and down, bogey, even +2 on this side
12: 445 par 4; Driver 5w left of green, up and down par
13: 291 par 4: 5w, pw 2 putt
14: 485 Par 5: Driver into parallel fairway, 5i layup to behind a bush. Try to hook around bush and goes long left into hazard. Drop, chip to 3 feet, miss it double bogey +2 total +4 on back
15: 365 par 4: Driver, PW to 5 feet, missed it, par still +2
16. 515 par 5: Driver 5w horrible 60*, 3 putt bogey +5 on this side, +3 total
17. 138 par 3: 8i to 20 feet, 2 putt
18. 351 par 4, Drive right, good lie in hardpan, chip up to 4 feet birdie +2 total +4 on this side

That's 34-40=74! That beats my previous total by 4 shots! I knew a day like this was coming! I could have gone really low, but just couldn't hold it together on the back. Gotta learn how to finish!

I also played the last 4 and a half holes with one sock because I stepped in a mud pit hahahaha

Very nice, clay. Keep it up and you'll be bringing home a trophy this summer for sure.

Shot under Par today, granted it was a par 58 Executive Course down here, but i'll take it.

Shot a 52, with 2 bogeys and 8 birdies. I am usually not very consistent on an Executive Course, as Par 3 after Par 3 gets old, but having a handful of Par 4s thrown in helped it out a bit.

Was hitting my irons straight, and was dialed in on my distances. Being able to avoid 2 putts was helpful as well.

...lets hope this carries over to league tonight...

Excellent scores from cc and JB, nice going guys. Looks like things are coming around for both of you.

Almost reached my goal for the year but was shot off. Shot a -2 70 today. Hit 13/18 greens, my ball striking was great.

Almost reached my goal for the year but was shot off. Shot a -2 70 today. Hit 13/18 greens, my ball striking was great.

That's still an awesome round! The fact that your a 5 handicap shooting that is awesome! It'll be going down soon!

I hear ya buddy!!!! Great round :clapp:

Gosh Clay you are getting hawt dude with those sticks! You will have KellyBo and I show nuff scared to head your way again :beat-up:

I hear ya buddy!!!! Great round :clapp:

Gosh Clay you are getting hawt dude with those sticks! You will have KellyBo and I show nuff scared to head your way again :beat-up:

I'm ready to play with you guys! Come on down!

That's 34-40=74! That beats my previous total by 4 shots! I knew a day like this was coming! I could have gone really low, but just couldn't hold it together on the back. Gotta learn how to finish!

great round clay! I think I have that kind of score in me, just need to put 2 9's together.

Played the back 9 with four clubs and shot a 38!

Walked 18 in sweltering heat today. Shot an 88. I am actually pretty pleased considering the conditions. With less than zero energy, I chipped in for bogey on 18. The Mashie was unreal today.

Tap tap taparoo

That's still an awesome round! The fact that your a 5 handicap shooting that is awesome! It'll be going down soon!

Thank you. My old game is coming back and my new irons are working perfect. Five years off and two years to get back. I'll take this score any day of the week.

I had the best round in a few weeks as my back is getting somewhat better. Not well mind you, but better. Shot a 78 with 2 birdies, 2 doubles and used 33 putts. Very satisfied with that as everything lately had been 82 to 86.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back