A PA/NJ/NY/DE/Ohio ComeIfYouWant/can Gathering of Fellow THPers

MaryC

Lady of Leisure
Reaction score
Handicap
Back9 Beer
Back at the 2011 THP Outing and Demo Day, Hanks and I talked about getting together to play some rounds of golf with a few folks who live around us in the greater NY/NJ/PA region over the summer. Next thing you knew, after a few drinks of course, we had synchronized our calendars to the weekend of July 29 -31, and the planning on our end began.

Well, it is the beginning of July and we've chosen some courses we want to play and picked a hotel for those who want to stay and play two or all three days. So now we want to invite anyone who is interested in getting together with Hanks and myself to play some golf, to let us know!

We have picked the Reading, PA area for this get together as it has easy access of I-78/PA Turnpike/I-476, there are lots of reasonably priced golf courses in the area (no round over $40 including cart on weekend AM), if someone doesn't want to golf all the days or has a significant other coming who isn't golfing there is plenty to do (outlet malls, zoo, water park, Hersey Park).

Here is the schedule:

On Friday afternoon, we are going to be playing RichMaiden Golf. It is a nice little warm up course, not to hard but promises to be a good time.

On Saturday (mid morning for those who just want to come for a day), we will be playing the Berkleigh Golf Club. This is the former home of the LPGA Betsy King Open. For those of you who may join us that were also at the Outing at PGA National, this a chance to play two courses in one year that have hosted major tour events.

On Sunday morning, we will be playing The Manor Golf Club. This will be a fairly early morning tee time so we can get 18 in before we have to hit the road.

The Days Inn in Wyomissing, PA is reasonable ($65 - 80 a night with a AAA discount or a two night stay), has a few restaurants/bars in walking distance and is where I will be staying. If you are staying over, you will need to book your own room.

If you want to join us, PM Hanks & I with when you are coming, if is a couple, let us know if you both want to play, and if you are staying the weekend by July 18 so we can book tee times.

(Note, this is not an official THP event of any kind, it is just a group of fellow THPers who live close enough to each other who want to play some golf together).

Another little note for those in the NorthEast: No, I haven't forgotten and yes, I will be putting something together for Early Fall in the CT/MA/RI area if you don't want to make the trek to Central PA.

Man it's two hours away. But I'll be down in Florida for two weeks on vacation. Dang!

I may be driving back from Ocean City that Friday and my clubs championship is that weekend(if I plan on playing). So I might be able to get in a Friday round, but not sure

Gota check my schedule, I may come

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

figures im almost all booked up that weekend. I work in Reading so this could have been perfect BUT. Looks like i am working 24 hrs straight on friday. Then saturday i have a scramble i am already playing in. but i could def play on sunday since your playing early and im working nightshift. Just played Berkleigh for the first time last week course was nice and in good shape. i havn't played either of the other courses before. so def count me in for Sundays Round. can't wait to meet some more THPers

stop on by casa de Hanks then buddy...we can go on up to the then. You know you want to lol

I may be driving back from Ocean City that Friday and my clubs championship is that weekend(if I plan on playing). So I might be able to get in a Friday round, but not sure

Yea, ddec! You KNOW you want to tee it up with Hanks and I so our stellar iron play can rub off on you before your club championship :giggle:

We hope to see you.

Would love to have you join us on Sunday and you will have fun meeting more THPers. Hopefully we will get a few folks together beyond Hanks and I on Sunday and on Saturday. If not, no biggie because we'll have fun either way.

Might be able to make it down saturday, what time is the round do you think?

It should be noted too that if you're in MD that you're also invited as well....

Might be able to make it down saturday, what time is the round do you think?

No idea yet because we don't know how many will be coming and haven't made any tee times. As the original post says we won't be making tee times until at least the 19th but it won't be before 10am because we suspect a few folks will be coming only for Saturday like yourself.

No idea yet because we don't know how many will be coming and haven't made any tee times. As the original post says we won't be making tee times until at least the 19th but it won't be before 10am because we suspect a few folks will be coming only for Saturday like yourself.

sorry i rushed through and didn't read in detail i guess... i will let you know if i can make it!

Would love to have you! If not this time, maybe fall. Several of us were in the Scranton in the fall at Laurel Mountain Golf Club and had a great time. Probably will try and make it back there again to see the lovely colors and golf.

Shouldn't that be we might be able to play Friday.

Busted....

BOOYAH!!

I will definitely make it for some of the festivities this weekend. Hopefully this time I can avoid injuring myself before I get on the course!!

BOOYAH!!

I will definitely make it for some of the festivities this weekend. Hopefully this time I can avoid injuring myself before I get on the course!!

Just in case, I'll pack the heating pad and some ice packs. Can't wait to see ya!

Just in case, I'll pack the heating pad and some ice packs. Can't wait to see ya!

Nice. Good looking out!! It will be good to see some friends as well!

i work fri-sun that weekend!! dang it.. next time guys!!

Looking to move in the next month or so, so end of July is a bad time for me. Might be down for a fall meet.

Taaaaap-a-talk....tap tap taaap-a-talk....give it a little tap-a-rooonie...

July is a crazy month with family birthdays, anniversary's, etc....
I'll be indisposed that weekend.
Hopefully later in the summer or fall if there's another soon, I'll be able to make it.

I'm loving everyone's responses and I'm sorry that some of you won't make it this time and hope to make it next time but if we could maybe keep the replies to this thread only to if you think you might come or want to come versus you aren't coming, it will help Hanks and I to get a true count.

Hope to see some "OH YEA, count me ins" very soon!

I think I will make at least one if not 2 rounds with theGeneral451.

I think I will make at least one if not 2 rounds with theGeneral451.

Great! We are super excited to have you come down with The General. Looks like at least each day so far we'll have a foursome. I can promise you and The General golfing with Hanks, Fildini and I is a laugh riot
(Laugh at us, riot to not be paired with any of us)

Just bumping this back to the first page as we are 9 days from needing to make tee times for Fri, Saturday, and Sunday rounds for anyone interested in coming to Reading, PA to play with Hanks, myself, Fildini, hopefully DDEC and Nerfy at least on Friday, and a few others.

Here are the courses we are playing and the days/approx times. You don't have to come for all the days but would love to have at least two foursomes for Sat and Sunday:

On Friday afternoon (3ish), RichMaiden Golf.

On Saturday (mid morning), Berkleigh Golf Club.

On Sunday (early morning), The Manor Golf Club.

Back