UnderEstimated

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been wanting to get new grips for a while now (about a month) and I can't decide whether to get GP VDR or Tour Velvet, or any other grip that I might want to have. Please help.

I've been using Tour Velvets for quite some time. That being said, I wanted VDR's in a bad way for the Morgan Cup but the only color in midsize is the black grip with the blue cap, which I just don't care for the look of. I love the white VDR's though. I've always had great luck with Tour Velvets though. They're affordable and durable.

I regripped with VDR's from tour wrap and really like them. You could always do just one club to test it out first.

I regripped with VDR's from tour wrap and really like them. You could always do just one club to test it out first.
I have tour wraps right now and one of my friends regripped his driver with a black VDR and he really likes it and he says it gets tackier the more humid it gets, but my brother has tour velvet on his driver and he has had it on there for over a year now and it still has some tackiness on it. Since I live in an area where most of the time it is more humid than dry, and my hands perspire in the middle of a round, so the VDR's will probably be better for me.

I have tour wraps right now and one of my friends regripped his driver with a black VDR and he really likes it and he says it gets tackier the more humid it gets, but my brother has tour velvet on his driver and he has had it on there for over a year now and it still has some tackiness on it. Since I live in an area where most of the time it is more humid than dry, and my hands perspire in the middle of a round, so the VDR's will probably be better for me.

You just answered your own question. Go for it....... I know exactly about humidity...I live in FLorida... Good Luck

One of my weekend buddies just regripped his irons with the black VDR's and he loves them!

I have the vdrs on all my clubs. I love them.

I have VDRs on all my irons and wedges they are awesome!

I've been wanting to get new grips for a while now (about a month) and I can't decide whether to get GP VDR or Tour Velvet, or any other grip that I might want to have. Please help.

Consider the GP multi-compound Grips as well

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Go to your local golf retailer and try them all...let the grip choose you young one!

Loving my new Tour Velvets, but they were pretty much my only option since I need jumbo grips!

If you're thinking about the Tour velvets, I would look at jsut the basic Lamkin Crossline. I love them and I think they may be a tad cheaper than the Golf Prides.

A few years ago I couldn't decide what grips I wanted. I was using a knock off grip at the time and wanted to change completely and see what was out there. I think I had six or seven different styles that I liked and put one or two each on my clubs for a season. If you are unsure what you might like it can be hard to pick them out in the store just off of feel alone. You want to use them in real conditions. Whether that is rain and cold or hot and humid. After the season was over I had it narrowed to a couple favorites and that is what I use now (Tour Velvet mostly, unless I find a deal on Crossline).

I guess my point is, if you are unsure, put a few different ones on a club or two and use them for a while. When you figure out what you like best, then change all the clubs to that style.

That's my vote as well. Very durable and all the grip in the world in every kind of weather condition.

I really like the look of the VDRs and a couple of friends have them and rave about them. If they were corded I would switch to them.

This. I have these on my clubs and love them so far. It gets fairly humid here and I've had no issues with slipping at all.

I'm gonna throw a couple out there not listed yet. Black Widow Widowmakers and Pure Grips. I have both and the Black Widow's look better, but the Pure Grips are the best grips I've used. Tacky in any weather and warranted for a full year of use.

Back