2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I play the New Course, I enjoy it more than the last. Today was a fun day out there (although playing as well as I did, kind of had a part in that). But the best part of this outing is that while we have the links course that will be such a change for most, we also have the regular course. Two different styles in competition for a weekend. Lets not forget the North/South course is home to a tour event, so its not slouch either. Hawk can attest to the havoc it can wreak. hehe

JB played ridiculously well out there. He should have shot a 30 (we only played 9) but had a few unlucky bounces, but even so his game was sick out there today. Too bad he had "Mrs. Swing Change" for a playing partner. I really am going through a complete swing change and it sucks! I am working with a new instructor, because our membership comes with 12 free lessons, and he has me doing everything different. I know it will be for the best in the long run but for now it's awful, everything feels weird and unnatural. He said in 4-5 months it will all start to come together and I will see a huge improvement. I sure hope so!

JB played ridiculously well out there. He should have shot a 30 (we only played 9) but had a few unlucky bounces, but even so his game was sick out there today. Too bad he had "Mrs. Swing Change" for a playing partner. I really am going through a complete swing change and it sucks! I am working with a new instructor, because our membership comes with 12 free lessons, and he has me doing everything different. I know it will be for the best in the long run but for now it's awful, everything feels weird and unnatural. He said in 4-5 months it will all start to come together and I will see a huge improvement. I sure hope so!

Your an internet golfer...hehe

GolferGal will be my playing partner for life. That is what best friends are for.

Spoiler
Life is about a decade right? :act-up:

GolferGal will be my playing partner for life. That is what best friends are for.

Spoiler

Keep it to 9 years or shorter....in TX a decade gets her alimony. :rofl:

In all seriousness, courses look fun - it will be VERY cool to play 2 entirely different courses over that 2 day period (not counting the non-official rounds).

Sorry mc :banghead:.. I suppose my skimming skills are not just up to par without at least one cup of caffeine. I am trying to cut back on my coffee and when I read the comment, it was where DawgDaddy had multiquoted with your post :D

I can see how you would mistake me for someone in their 30's buddy, I know I look the part, but I have already met a double handful of THPers mostly thanks to you and KellyBo being so nice to invite me to play when folks are in the area. At least we got the thread out of hibernation for the day.

4 to 5 months? I bet they have you right on much quicker than that. Hell, Haney didn't take that long with Rush, lol

Tap,Tap,Tap

4 to 5 months? I bet they have you right on much quicker than that. Hell, Haney didn't take that long with Rush, lol

Tap,Tap,Tap

Swing changes take time. Nobody should expect the best right away.

Signed
Eldrick Woods

Signed
Eldrick Woods

+1 I am going through this exact thing right now and its super frustrating. I feel like I am moving backwards.

That bunker with steps looks awesome!! (from the outside) must suck to have to did your self out of there!!!

+1 I am going through this exact thing right now and its super frustrating. I feel like I am moving backwards.

Me too! It's awful! He keeps telling me that I have to stop being so results driven, and see the big pictures. But I want to see it now! If I had 2-3 hours every day to spend at the range working on my game I am sure I would see improvements much faster but I have this silly thing called a job that keeps getting in the way. Even if my job is all about golf, it doesn't always give me the luxury to spend my entire day at the course.

Signed
Eldrick Woods

I can vouch for that I guess. Been about 30 years and almost there, lol

Tap,Tap,Tap

GG, I'm closing in on a month since my last lesson. I like to have changes nailed down before I throw even more on top of it. The changes that I've made have not been insignificant, but certainly not a completely new swing. Perhaps if I had a 12 lesson package I might throw more at myself, but I doubt it. I'd still want to pin down change A before moving on the change B. If it dudn't feel awkward yer not doin' it right!

Question for those of you that have attended previous outings. I need, OK maybe want, new wedges in the worst way. I really want a matched set for some reason. Will I benefit from demo day regarding wedges? I feel like I can benefit greatly with driver, FW's, and hybrids. I'm willing to hold off on those purchases to make the most of them. Can I achieve the same benefit with wedges, or is it more like just get good with what you have?

Question for those of you that have attended previous outings. I need, OK maybe want, new wedges in the worst way. I really want a matched set for some reason. Will I benefit from demo day regarding wedges? I feel like I can benefit greatly with driver, FW's, and hybrids. I'm willing to hold off on those purchases to make the most of them. Can I achieve the same benefit with wedges, or is it more like just get good with what you have?

With the amount of gear that is out there, you can def. try as much as you like, and that will help you decide on what to buy... but on the other hand, it is 10 months away... can you deal with not having wedges for 10 months?

With the amount of gear that is out there, you can def. try as much as you like, and that will help you decide on what to buy... but on the other hand, it is 10 months away... can you deal with not having wedges for 10 months?

I have wedges that I am OK with but the gaps on that end of my bag are bad. I don't know if I can wait 10 months. With my longer clubs I know I can wait. My driver is antiquated but I'm positive that won't change until after the outing. I want some quality time with the plethora of choices that I'm sure will be available. I currently have 3 hybrids in the bag but the M1 is going into time out soon I fear. I need to learn how to swing hybrids before I spend any more money on them. With the wedges though how much time can I really spend comparing 3 clubs in a matched set with so many sets to test?

I have wedges that I am OK with but the gaps on that end of my bag are bad. I don't know if I can wait 10 months. With my longer clubs I know I can wait. My driver is antiquated but I'm positive that won't change until after the outing. I want some quality time with the plethora of choices that I'm sure will be available. I currently have 3 hybrids in the bag but the M1 is going into time out soon I fear. I need to learn how to swing hybrids before I spend any more money on them. With the wedges though how much time can I really spend comparing 3 clubs in a matched set with so many sets to test?

Sounds to me like you are trying to talk yourself into pulling the trigger, as has been said already 10 months is a long to try and play around those gaps.

KellyBo and I are going to get a first hand look of Grand Cypress Golf Resort this weekend as we are headed down to play some golf with JB & GolferGal. We are looking forward to a fun and relaxing weekend for sure!

Plot out a stragedy for team Porch Rockers to take home the win at the outing. Enjoy the weekend everyone and keep us posted.

Plot out a stragedy for team Porch Rockers to take home the win at the outing. Enjoy the weekend everyone and keep us posted.

Huh? With JB shot a 34 today? Nawwwwww this is going to be a get to know the golf courses and enjoy some good company weekend!

I'm in the same boat and debating whether I pick up new wedges and a putter. In the meantime I'm trying to demo the Eidolon and Heavy Wedges.

A couple of shots from today. Deep bunkers with steps. And gg in a rough spot.

Wow...please tell me those bunkers are greenside because trying to advance much further might be impossible.

So....does someone wanna give me a tip for getting out of bunkers? My bunker play is embarrassing! Haha

Best tip I can give you is the tip One-T gave me this past outing...we can get to that on the range though.

Looking forward to your review GG :act-up:

hahahahaha

I started my swing change about 6 weeks before the 2011 outing, and while I feel like my iron play is really solid right now, my driver still needs a ton of work. But, now I can see a hint of the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is bright.

Spoiler

Awww...how sweet...spoiler opened...NOT!!!

Hold off Matt. Unless you find something that you really love, my advice is to hold off.

It's going to be fun for KellyBo and I to have a little bit of course knowledge after this weekend. I shot better the second time I played PGA National at the last outing so getting a birds eye view of Grand Cypress is good stuff :thumb:

It's going to be fun for KellyBo and I to have a little bit of course knowledge after this weekend. I shot better the second time I played PGA National at the last outing so getting a birds eye view of Grand Cypress is good stuff :thumb:
Stay away from the Ranch dressing old buddy. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back