Boccieri Golf Heavy Hybrid Preview

That is awesome Hawk! I love that this club has surprised you, and in a good way. It sounds like you are hitting it very well, and pretty consistently too. Glad to hear that, and I can't wait to hear how it performs for you on the course.

Thanks, yorkem. Looking back over the two range sessions, I notice that I'm hitting the center of the face quite a bit with it. Not all shots are perfect lasers, but I am very surprised how accurate it is compared to my current hybrid that I feel I hit reasonably well.

I did forget to mention that I did hit one out on the toe, but with a decent swing, if that makes sense. In other words, no slice action, just a miss-hit. I could tell that I hit it out there and it lost about 20 yards in distance. Not sure if that's good or bad, but that's what happened. I've never really paid much attention to forgiveness in hybrids for some reason.

This was one of my favorite club today. Only hit it a few times, but it worked well.

Hole 1 - I only needed 180-190 to get to the corner of the dogleg and I was pretty amped up. Took the Heavy off the tee. Put a fairly rotten swing on it and pushed it right with a little fade action. Ended up right of my intended target, but in the fairway, which is why I took it in the first place.

Hole 5 - This is a tough hole for me. It's long and there is trouble all over the place. Here's a pic of the green.
DSC01008.jpg

Anyway, my drive left me about 190 out on the left portion of the fairway. I actually thought about this hole before I got to the course and told myself I was going to lay up. Well, I was basically right where I wanted to be to hit my stock fade with the Heavy. Probably the only shot I actually executed perfectly today. I ended up 15 feet from the pin, which is AWESOME for me at that distance.

Hole 6 - Topper off the tee. Stupid me.

Hole 9 - Fatty from the fairway. Turned out to be a great lay up spot though haha.

Hole 15 - Put another crappy swing on the ball and caught it a bit thin. The best part was that I only lost about 10 yards and it was straight. Definitely a playable miss.

Spent quite a bit of range time with this today as well. Still don't have much to say except positive things. It doesn't hit the ball super high for me, but it keeps it in play and can be very accurate if I hit it well. Hoping I have a little more to offer it next week.

I wonder if this would be more popular if Heavy painted it white?

Probably it would just be seen as an copier. Haha copier.

Great write up Hawk. I love pictures dude because it really gives a feel for what kinds of shots this club can pull off. This hybrid really has me pondering as well. All sorts of bad thoughts :)

When I went to their website, they only had two loft options. Hopefully they bring out more because I could see this as an excellent 5i up replacement. Maybe even 6i.

I wonder if this would be more popular if Heavy painted it white?

I'm sure that more choices would come with initial success. This is a sleeper and I think that it would really surprise some people. Jrod was hitting the heck out of it yesterday on the range.

Don't tell my Mashies but I could see replacing one with a Heavy just because it's so awesome.

What's really addicting is the ballflight. Each shot had a nice rise. EACH SHOT. I do that with the Mashie but not nearly as much.

Sorry if I missed this but how soft was it landing for you? Did Jrod hit it all on the course?

I'm sure that more choices would come with initial success. This is a sleeper and I think that it would really surprise some people. Jrod was hitting the heck out of it yesterday on the range.

Don't tell my Mashies but I could see replacing one with a Heavy just because it's so awesome.

What's really addicting is the ballflight. Each shot had a nice rise. EACH SHOT. I do that with the Mashie but not nearly as much.

Sorry if I missed this but how soft was it landing for you? Did Jrod hit it all on the course?

I'm not hitting it super high, so I get a bit of run. With the shot in the picture, the ball landed about 10 feet in and rolled to pin high. If I could ask for one thing, it might be a bit higher ball flight, but this is a stiffer shaft than I probably need. Still, I'd hate to mess with it because it really seems to work as is.

Jrod only hit it on the range. He hit it farther than I hit my driver. No surprise there.

Awesome to see heavy coming out with some great products to compliment their putter line

Thats still pretty dang good when it comes to stopping power. No need to mess with success dude.

I'm not hitting it super high, so I get a bit of run. With the shot in the picture, the ball landed about 10 feet in and rolled to pin high. If I could ask for one thing, it might be a bit higher ball flight, but this is a stiffer shaft than I probably need. Still, I'd hate to mess with it because it really seems to work as is.

Jrod only hit it on the range. He hit it farther than I hit my driver. No surprise there.

Texas, they are really coming out with some awesome clubs. This has to be one of the best hybrids out there. Hopefully if you are in the market and you get a chance, definitely will be worth a look!!!

Awesome to see heavy coming out with some great products to compliment their putter line

I didn't really expect it, but this is my utility club in a big way right now. I played in tree hell with a pretty crappy driver swing today and spent a lot of time with the Heavy hybrid. Absolutely love this for the punch shot. I've always used a 6 iron, but can have issues with the ball getting up in the air too quickly. The Heavy gave me the ability to hit it very low or a bit higher if I had the room.

Hit some shots off good lies as well and can't say anything but good about this club. Slight fade, high-ish ball flight, great sound, easy to hit, and great out of the rough too.

I didn't really expect it, but this is my utility club in a big way right now. I played in tree hell with a pretty crappy driver swing today and spent a lot of time with the Heavy hybrid. Absolutely love this for the punch shot. I've always used a 6 iron, but can have issues with the ball getting up in the air too quickly. The Heavy gave me the ability to hit it very low or a bit higher if I had the room.

Hit some shots off good lies as well and can't say anything but good about this club. Slight fade, high-ish ball flight, great sound, easy to hit, and great out of the rough too.

That is awesome! Glad it's found a spot in your bag.. For now

Tap tap taparoo

I'm a stubborn guy, I don't like hybrids. Why? There is no logical reason, I just don't like them. I take pride in being able to hit my 3 iron pretty well. Recently, there's been a used 2 iron in the pro shop that has my eye. It takes me about a year once I start thinking about changing things to actually changing them.

To that end, there have been a few times where I thought a hybrid might be nice to have in my bag. There is a gap in there, just not a gap that matters to me much ever. But every once in awhile, that gap is there, and I have nothing to fill it. Given how much I've liked the Heavy Driver, if I ever 'get with the modern times of golf' and get a hybrid, the heavy hybrid would be at the top of my list to try out.

Glad to hear the hybrid has worked out so good for you.

I'd check it out for sure, Rock. The performance in trouble spots is worth filling a spot in your bag. Not to mention the other times you could put it to use.

I'm a stubborn guy, I don't like hybrids. Why? There is no logical reason, I just don't like them. I take pride in being able to hit my 3 iron pretty well. Recently, there's been a used 2 iron in the pro shop that has my eye. It takes me about a year once I start thinking about changing things to actually changing them.

To that end, there have been a few times where I thought a hybrid might be nice to have in my bag. There is a gap in there, just not a gap that matters to me much ever. But every once in awhile, that gap is there, and I have nothing to fill it. Given how much I've liked the Heavy Driver, if I ever 'get with the modern times of golf' and get a hybrid, the heavy hybrid would be at the top of my list to try out.

Glad to hear the hybrid has worked out so good for you.

Damn Hawk, been lookin gfor this thread. Sounds like a real winner for you so far. The fact you're getting a ton of use out of it is a good thing! It has the NVS shaft in it right?

Yep, the NVS and the one I'm testing is S flex. Interestingly, I actually didn't use either of my other hybrids during my last two rounds. That, of course, has me pondering. Not sure if it was a coincidence or what, but every time I wanted a hybrid shot, I was using the Heavy.

SOunds like a great confidence club. You don't usually do an S flex do you?

I hit the S at the outing and really loved the whole package. The shaft was a winner too and I know it's been around for a little bit. The color scheme is just awesome.

I can just see the ballflight now dude.

Yep, the NVS and the one I'm testing is S flex. Interestingly, I actually didn't use either of my other hybrids during my last two rounds. That, of course, has me pondering. Not sure if it was a coincidence or what, but every time I wanted a hybrid shot, I was using the Heavy.

Well, that's sort of interesting.

Driver = R
Fairway = R
3h and 4h= S
Irons = S

That is interesting my friend. No issues so far eh?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

That is interesting my friend. No issues so far eh?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

No, I've been doing the same thing since last year and it seems to work for me.

Posted via Tapatalk

Damn Hawk, been lookin gfor this thread. Sounds like a real winner for you so far. The fact you're getting a ton of use out of it is a good thing! It has the NVS shaft in it right?

I agree it is awesome to see it get great and plentiful use

Tap tap taparoo

Great review Hawk! Did you notice if it helped keep your golf swing "On plane" more? If so, did that translate into other clubs?

One more question, what are the extra benefits of the fybrid that keep this, or any other hybrid, from kicking it out?

Well, that's sort of interesting.

Driver = R
Fairway = R
3h and 4h= S
Irons = S

Im the opposite.

Driver - x
fairway/hybos - s
Irons - firm regular.

Great review Hawk! Did you notice if it helped keep your golf swing "On plane" more? If so, did that translate into other clubs?

One more question, what are the extra benefits of the fybrid that keep this, or any other hybrid, from kicking it out?

Im the opposite.

Driver - x
fairway/hybos - s
Irons - firm regular.

I'm going to answer this in the review thread, Thainer.

Back