The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just speaking for me personally, I try to participate in the question threads as much as I can.

Frankly I don't know about some of the equipment they ask about because I don't have the experience with it and don't fell comfortable offering an opinion. I don't feel inclined to post just to run up a post count.

Then there are some I completely miss. The ones I see, I get involved in, plus the MC equipment threads, all of them. Plus the PMs I get on a daily basis.

If I have a limited amount of time to be on the forum, it's difficult to spread my time to every end of THP.

There are more goals than to just gather support. I feel like some of us MCers haven't done as good a job spreading the word and making it a community event. I know I'm making it a point to gather more support by being more involved outside of the MC. That includes the social networking channels, more creative videos, more involvement on the homepage and equipment threads. It's a daunting task because of all of the new threads that invariably pop up every day.

I hope some others can follow along as well.

As I said, it was merely suggestions that came to me based on your statement. We know schedules can make things difficult. I think this event shows exactly that participants look at this event differently. And while some are well known on the forum because of participation, others are not. It is hard to ask forum members to have interest in something if they dont have interest or knowledge of the participants. It is what it is.

All we as organizers can do is plan accordingly and hope (and I mean hope) that we can do this again. And while we think like that, we take good notes from all the feedback that has been given to us by both the forum members and companies behind the event.

Just finished up a 5 bag range session. Really worked on feeling the lag and trying to drive the ball into the ground. I have been coming into impact with an open face and am trying to really feel like I am hitting the ball with the back of my left hand. This was my first real range session in quite some time and it was very helpful. I played a few holes last night and worked on some putting/chipping, but nothing beats a nice range session. Here is a video of a few swings with the 8 iron. These aren't my Morgan Cup irons, but are my TaylorMade Tour Burners that I have been gaming since they were released. I love these irons!

[YOUTUBE]XBuh7Y0mPfQ[/YOUTUBE]

Crisp sounding shots, DD. Nice lighting, too.

Looks and sounds good DD! Can't wait to find out what kind of irons you get to roll with for this event.

Nice work there DDAD! Sounds crisp n clean.

I think our first round match is gonna be quite competitive dude and surprise a lot of folks. Screw the NFL we have the Morgan Cup!!!!

Just finished up a 5 bag range session.

5 bags of balls? I demand that you replace your avatar of DJ with an avatar of Vijay Singh, NOW!

Just kidding, I love practice sessions like that. Also, I'm jealous that you got to hit balls in the fading sunlight, it's the best time of day to practice or play.

Swing looks good DD...looking forward to playing with you in August!

Crisp sounding shots, DD. Nice lighting, too.

Thanks Hawk! Yeah, the lighting wasn't really planned like that, but I think it worked out well.

Looks and sounds good DD! Can't wait to find out what kind of irons you get to roll with for this event.

Thanks Cap! I have been wondering what we will be hitting too. TaylorMade makes great irons and I am really looking forward to experiencing some new ones. The Tour Burners have served me very well.

Nice work there DDAD! Sounds crisp n clean.

I think our first round match is gonna be quite competitive dude and surprise a lot of folks. Screw the NFL we have the Morgan Cup!!!!

Thanks Buddy, I like DDAD! I am looking forward to the match man as I know it's going to be pretty tough.

I am so excited to see the results when you guys tee it up. I wish there was going to be a live feed :)

5 bags of balls? I demand that you replace your avatar of DJ with an avatar of Vijay Singh, NOW!

Just kidding, I love practice sessions like that. Also, I'm jealous that you got to hit balls in the fading sunlight, it's the best time of day to practice or play.

Lol, it was quite nice. The earlier rain took away some of the heat and humidity, which made for a nice evening to bang some balls around.

Swing looks good DD...looking forward to playing with you in August!

Thanks Andy. August is going to be a blast for everyone involved there and those following on the forum.

Nice DD! I love the sound of irons striking golf balls crisply! I'm looking forward to what our iron choices will be as well.

Is this thread just for the participants in The Morgan Cup? Just asking.

No sir. Please join in, ask questions...join the party!

Nice DD! I love the sound of irons striking golf balls crisply! I'm looking forward to what our iron choices will be as well.

No sir. Please join in, ask questions...join the party!
Thanks Biggsy. :)

Is this thread just for the participants in The Morgan Cup? Just asking.

Not at all sir. Join in for sure! You know you want one of those sexy Team Hacker Supporter signature tags:glasses-cool:

Not at all sir. Join in for sure! You know you want one of those sexy Team Hacker Supporter signature tags:glasses-cool:

No way, Sean had better support his fellow Massachusetts resident and the rest of Team Paradise!

9 holes for Men's Club tonight, game was 2 man best ball (play your own, take best score) played with dad and our team score was a 36 (+1). My own score was a 36. I had it going tonight, 1 bogey and the rest pars. We started on 15 so when we got back thru 14 we went ahead and played in, I was even par thru 15,16,17,18 the 2nd time around.

I got some swing videos and a putting video. I'm exhausted right now though so I'll post them tomorrow.

Holy crap dude! nice score!!! Can't wait to see what you got for us video wise.

9 holes for Men's Club tonight, game was 2 man best ball (play your own, take best score) played with dad and our team score was a 36 (+1). My own score was a 36. I had it going tonight, 1 bogey and the rest pars. We started on 15 so when we got back thru 14 we went ahead and played in, I was even par thru 15,16,17,18 the 2nd time around.

I got some swing videos and a putting video. I'm exhausted right now though so I'll post them tomorrow.

A lot to catch up on from today, after a long day at work, I slipped out for men's league to see how I would do and had the weirdest day of golf I have ever played. I was hitting every ball flush, but it was always turning out poorly. First hole flush a drive, but outruns the fairway a little bit, so I'm 90 yards out, I pull out my 59* wedge, and flush it and somehow fly the green, and end up in fescue behind the green. This happens for the rest of the day, every iron was going long, every drive was ending up in just the wrong spot, it was just so strange. I ended up shooting an 89 from the Grizzley Tees, 6850 yards but it felt like I was playing high 70's golf, I just wasn't scoring. What a strange day!

Great swing DD. I love it when I hear that crisp sound... all one times in my life!

I played a quick 18 (under 3 hours!) after work with Mrs. AHA today. Beautiful day in Pittsburgh so we just had to get out and play. I shot 77. Not great, not terrible. Oh yea, I should mention that I was playing from 6,981 yards (75.1, 141). That makes that 77 sound a little better I guess.

I lurk in this thread a lot and have really enjoyed the videos that you guys have been posting. OG and I struggle with which team to support because we have friends on both teams. I think it's going to end up being OG for Team Hackers and KB for Team Paradise but it could be the other way around! We might have to flip a coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back