Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
or perhaps a RAZR X?

I thought those hybrids performed well at the demo day. I will most likely have one in the bag for The Morgan Cup. I wouldn't sleep on it if I was in the market for one.

The yonex may have been my favorite hybrid at the outing.

I'd like to give one of those a swing, too. They have a couple at the club I play at, but they are not leaving the store for any demo time. They set up really nice to the ball. I noticed the rounded leading edge. What did you think about that, TC?

I've never even seen one in LH to be honest. I ordered one based on feedback from the outing. It's definitely something that doesn't appeal to me in theory but who knows, perhaps it's just what the doctor ordered. I hated the leading edge on the Taylormade Raylor hybrid but I could smoke that thing.

I thought that it could come in pretty handy out of the rough, but I don't know how often that will happen for you, heh.

I thought that it could come in pretty handy out of the rough, but I don't know how often that will happen for you, heh.

Now you're just being nice. I honestly have no opinion of the RAZR X hybrid yet. I will soon though. I bet it's good though. I almost ordered a 5wood and not a hybrid at all but I felt like it would be better to have a 21* club in the bag and not a 18*.

Yea, that was pretty blatant. Still, I bet you hit it well. Jrod was a pretty big fan, iirc.

Thanks for the replies!

I just read the Di11 thread - seems like a great set and pretty inexpensive. I also have a proform for Wilson Staff. Tho - how is the uniflex shaft on these ? Didn't seem like much of an issue ?

It's fine. Those Wilsons are surprisingly good. Definitely give them a shot.

Thanks again, everyone. The Di11s are at the top along with a set of AP1s I found for a decent price. Going to check my price on a new set of them right now!!

Thanks again, everyone. The Di11s are at the top along with a set of AP1s I found for a decent price. Going to check my price on a new set of them right now!!
I think you are going to notice a world of difference between those two sets. Looking forward to what you come back with!

Oh yeah? Good or bad and in which favor? If either hit like the Burner 2.0s I messed around with today, then I won't be too bummed. Note: I'd go with the Burner 2.0s but if the Di11 or AP1 is a suitable counterpart, then I'm OK with that.

Oh yeah? Good or bad and in which favor? If either hit like the Burner 2.0s I messed around with today, then I won't be too bummed. Note: I'd go with the Burner 2.0s but if the Di11 or AP1 is a suitable counterpart, then I'm OK with that.

Di11s will be considerably longer and more forgiving than the AP1's. I barely consider the AP1's GI irons. I don't get along with those irons for some reason. Actually hit the AP2's better.

Those 2 sets are very very different. I have hit both and as someone with a similar handicap I would strongly suggest the Di11s because they are night and day more forgiving than the AP1s

I agree with the last few comments, the Di11's and AP1's are very different sets. And in many ways. Forgiveness and distance first and foremost. Make sure you check out the Callaway Razr irons too. Very good set of irons and if you want something that is a little more of a players iron but still offering distance and forgiveness then check out the Razr X Tours. Awesome sticks.

agreed but I think it boils down to availability or lack therof..

I think it's a bummer that most people won't ponder either to their full potential.

Narrowed my choice down to 2 sets now.

It's either the Nike VR Pro Combos or a Combo set of TaylorMade MC and MB's

Well Team Hackers supporters are quite fond of the VR Pro Combo's so there you go!

I dont think you will hear anything bad about the VR pro combos

Tap tap taparoo

I dont think you will hear anything bad about the VR pro combos

Tap tap taparoo

I know I won't and I have hit them myself. Hard choice to make between the 2. Which ever I end up getting I will be getting wedges from the same manufacturer

I know I won't and I have hit them myself. Hard choice to make between the 2. Which ever I end up getting I will be getting wedges from the same manufacturer

Well mike I have the VR wedges and they are awesome! But I also know the xft wedges have gotten high praise on this site. I think you will be happy with either choice

Tap tap taparoo

Well I am slightly biased as I hated TM's offerings this year. VR Pro Combos are amazing and the wedges are just as nice. All day everyday with the Nikes IMO

Currently i have an Older Hogan 2 hybrid that i'm looking to replace. I'm really looking hard at the Taylormade rescue TP 2011 on ebay. Anyone who has it how is it? I'd really like to get it for about 100 which might be a bit of a stretch but its my goal.

Currently i have an Older Hogan 2 hybrid that i'm looking to replace. I'm really looking hard at the Taylormade rescue TP 2011 on ebay. Anyone who has it how is it? I'd really like to get it for about 100 which might be a bit of a stretch but its my goal.

there is a thread on that hybrid. We have THPers testing it. Also, see the Mashie tester thread. Awesome hybrid!

there is a thread on that hybrid. We have THPers testing it. Also, see the Mashie tester thread. Awesome hybrid!

thanks One-T. I've also looked at the VR Pro, and the 910H by Titliest.

thanks One-T. I've also looked at the VR Pro, and the 910H by Titliest.

your welcome. Those are all good hybrids. Whats your typical miss? Left/right?

The Mashie is a great hybrid but I can't get the Rescue 11 out of my head, think it is the white head that it drawing me in

your welcome. Those are all good hybrids. Whats your typical miss? Left/right?

I play a draw with majority of my clubs. My Hybrid now if i miss it is normally just a pull but i tend to play a draw with it and it works great. I really like my clubs just need a new hybrid. My Dad has the R11 and the few times i hit it i actually prefer my R7 over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back